Ch 11
1.3k 1 44
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The trip to Hyan Peak was rather dull. They rushed forth trying to arrive before daybreak as to be able to get camp set before the light from the sun was gone. 

Xing Wu spent the silence stroking Sol's fluffy fur as he soared through the air at the back of the group. In terms of strength, he should have been at the front of the party. That said, he knew if he tried there would only be more spots of hurtful words and the Elder would most likely lecture him for trying to 'stand out' in front of those who were supposed to be on the trip, to begin with.

A few members ahead of him would look back at the 'straggler' as if mocking the slowness of his speed. Regardless of what Xing Wu tried, he was always stuck with some sort of contempt. 

Arriving at a clearing near where the ruins were found. The party sat down, beginning to set up the camp base. Just outside of the main cluster, Xing Wu sat up his own area, a small fire for heating his own meals and light bedding forming in the open space.

Sol waited just off to the side, his head tilted as he looked from the few things of blankets and small fire to the tents and larger fire at the main area. 'Why are we here instead of with the rest?'  he asked.

Xing Wu finished setting the last of the bedding down before sitting waving the fluffball over. 

Sol hurried over, hopping up into the other's lap as he snuggled into place. He was rather glad that Xing Wu no longer refused his affections and now often opened his arms up for the little thing to snuggle with.

"I'm an 'unwanted' guest teaming up for this mission at the request of Master. If I were to try to stay with them, they'd only complain that there was not enough room. They won't want to spare a tent simply for me." he said as if it was reasonable.

Sol huffed before shifting to rest his head on the others arm. 'They are stupid. Oh well, at least we'll be able to see the stars!' he said glancing to the darkening sky.

Xing Wu lighted smiled. 'Yes, we'll be able to gaze at the stars." he said softly while making himself comfy and laying down. The only plus side to being here as an extra was that he would be left to his own devices and wouldn't need to partake in anything the rest had to do, like gathering food or wood for the whole group. 

Off to the side, a few of the weaker members of the larger group seemed upset that they were stuck with the majority of the workload. One huffing while complaining that the 'Half-blood' wasn't helping.

Elder Yao just ignored them as she went into her own tent. Despite disliking being asked to look after Xing Wu, at least he was sensible enough to realize he was on his own out here. Thus she wouldn't see the need to make him work for things that he wouldn't be allowed to be apart of.

The male that had first spoken ill of Xing Wu walked over, his stance was filled with pride while he looked down at the other with clear dislike. "Little thing, why stay out here with the garbage instead of sleeping in one of the tents? Being bound to this useless excuse of a cultivator doesn't mean we won't allow you a warm bed. Spirit Beasts are highly valued and I don't mind sharing my bed."

Lou Mai was proud and thought that if he offered the little fluffball a warm bed in a tent instead of sleeping on some lumps of blankets on the ground, he might be able to win the thing over and get to bind with him instead. He'd already pushed his own summoning for a Spirit Beast of in hopes of getting the one Xing Wu summoned. Though medics rarely summoned on their own. Often they'd make an agreement with another summoned beast that held great attributes to healing.

It wasn't common but some Summoned Spirit Beasts had switched Summoners after being summoned. So long as he was able to get the little things approval, it would be rather easy to snatch him over. All he needed to do was weaken the first bond and then place his own on the Spirit Beast before it went back to the Spirit Realm.

Sol shifted to snuggle closer to Xing Wu, ignoring the boy. he honestly didn't understand why the person had even come over. Not only did the male often speak ill of his Master, but he was also even trying to get him to leave his master's side? 

Xing Wu's lips twitched at the grumbles from the Spirit Beast as he lightly pets his head. "Sol kindly rejects your offer," he spoke. 'It's not kindly! I don't wanna see or hear him. So dirty!'

Xing Wu kept himself from laughing allowed at his little things statement that went unheard by the Lou Mai. The male in question just huffed crossing his arms. "Just because you are afraid he might be taken doesn't mean you should make him stay outside!" he stated annoyed before turning to leave. 

Xing Wu couldn't always be around to keep the fluffball from being coaxed over to his side! Just wait, the moment the stupid half-blood was to busy to oppress the little thing, he'd snatch him as his own. Of course, Lou Mai was assuming that Sol was being oppressed by Xing wu, which is why he was ignored. He was clearly the better choice! There was no way Sol would reject him if it wasn't because of Xing Wu.

Sol frowned as he glanced to look at the silhouette walking way. 'Why would he say you forced me? Clearly I just don't like him!' he said feeling wronged.

"Who knows, lets sleep. We'll be heading out tomorrow to look around at sun break." Xing wu started closing his eyes while feeling rather pleased. His little beast was better than he'd thought. Making the male like the little fluffball even more.

Another late chapter but I made it a bit longer. Hopefully tomorrow I'll be able to get out the next few chapters.

44