Ch. 13
1.1k 0 38
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When the ruins finally began to settle down, Sol found himself lost in darkness while he struggled to stand upright. Shaking his head, he blinked slowly as his eyes began to adjust to the poor lighting. Thought it was really hard to see, the roof was now opened slightly, allowing slivers of light to pour down, making it enough for him to see a few inches in front of where he was.

Slowly walking forward, Sol tripped on some stones that were harder to see as he began to look for Xing u, his heart speeding up as he sniffed the air. "Ai'Xing?" he called out his panic starting to sink in.

"I'm here, kind of." Xing Wu stated through his connection, frowning as he tried to find a way to get back into the ruins. His gaze looking for any loose stones to pull free, but when he moved one stone, several more would tumble down to reblock the spot he'd just cleared. "I'm outside though, I'll try to find a way in but it will most likely take a moment."

Sol let out a small whimper as he made his way to the exit, trying to paw at the stones blocking his way. It wasn't until he heard someone shuffling behind him that he realized someone else was trapped inside with him.

Turning around, Sol looked around to see who it was, finding the shadow slowly moving closer before Lou Mai's face came into view. Some dust was streaked over his cheeks and his white robe was now smudge with filth from the dirt and dust that rained down from the collapse.

Sol pushed himself against the rocks behind him, his head lowering as his ears fell back, this was clearly this guy's fault! He did something, didn't he? "The stupid guy is here!" the little fluffball complained to Xing Wu while he whimpered. Thankfully their bond allowed them to talk to one another despite Sol still being unable to speak allowed. All his words were done with his thoughts linked to Xing Wu's.

Xing frowned as he pressed his lips together, his thoughts trying to figure out why this had happened. The traps didn't do anything until the other party showed up, so they had to of done something wrong, but he didn't know what. "Just stay safe, I'll try to find another way in," he said before starting to look for another entryway.

Sol pouted slightly as he stayed still, his gaze remaining on Lou Mai in cause the guy did something else. Thankfully the youth just paused after making sure nothing else would all down on him.

Turning to look at Sol, Lou smiled as he shifted, "Ah, little thing you are okay yeah? Xing Wu should have been more careful!" he stated while pushing all the blame onto Xing Wu. He was only hereafter sneaking out of the camp, tailing along with the other two from before without informing the Elder. He was supposed to remain on stand by in case someone got hurt, but if he was stuck at the camp, then how was he suppose to get the little thing to bind with him instead?

Now that they were alone together, surly the adorable thing would realize he was a better choice for his master than that damn half-blood. Moving closer, Lou reached to pet the little thing only to get a growl. Pausing he kept his smile as he tried to figure out what was wrong. "Are you hurt?" he then asked.

Sol snorted at him as he shifted so that his back faced the other before ignoring him like he'd let that stupid person pet him. Only his Xing Wu was allowed to do so! Those who talked badly about Xing Wu didn't deserve to pet him.

Lou Mai sighed slightly as he tried to figure out how to coax the little thing, it would be hard to get the binding to change if it refused to let him get close.

"Don't worry, how about we try to find a way out together?" he asked, finally getting Sol to look at him again. "I'll just lead the way and you follow?" he asked testing to see if Sol would trust him. Sol didn't want to follow that idiot, but if he was able to also look for another way out, then maybe he would be able to find Xing Wu faster. He pushed himself up again, nodding to Lou as if to answer him. Lou in turned smiled as he nodded, pulling out a tool to light up their path as he began to lead the little thing further into the ruin. while he walked, he tried to think of a way to make the Spirit Beast his.

38