Ch. 14
1.8k 12 45
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The two walked through the many twists and turns of the ruin, slowly starting to head down some stairs as the path broke and began spiraling downwards. Sol frowned as he followed, his gaze going all already as he tried to figure out where they were going, surly going down wouldn't help them get out, would it? But they really didn't have any other path to follow.

As they walked, Lou managed to slowly get closer to Sol while he was to busy looking around, when he figured they were far enough away from the entrance he stopped. A smile playing on his lips as he began to set up a small resting area while adjusting a few things to hide an array he made so Sol wouldn't be able to see it.

Sol stopped walking as Lou did, his attention again drawn back to the male as he tried to figure out what he was doing, weren't they trying to find a way out? Why was he set up a mini-camp then? He grumbled to himself as he tried to call out to Xing Wu again, but was unable to do so. Ah, Maybe he was too far from his master? He frowned, wanting to head back the way they'd come from, but before he could, Lou Finished hs array.

Activating it before Sol was able to leave, he laughed as a shield of Spiritual Energy surrounded them, blocking Sol's path back out. "Little one, come here." He said waving the fluffball over. "Let's get you a propper master yeah?" he said while working to start the method to breaking a current bond with a Spiritual Beast. This was a hidden secret that others were not allowed to learn. Lou only knew it because he'd stolen it from his master while the other was out on business.

Sol felt his soul quivering as his legs grew weak, struggling to keep himself upright he tried to figure out what was happening. When his bond to Xing Wu began to waver his heart skipped slightly while he tried to fight the invading Spiritual Energy. This guy was really rude! He struggled to keep his bond while the other tried to force his way into the other's spiritual space, trying to take over the bond.

Sol gasped as he began to shudder, some blood escaping his muzzle as he coughed while his body pressed to the ground. Lou frowned as he felt the other resisting his command, trying to force more of his spiritual energy into the other's space to take control. This process stretched on as Sol began to grow weaker, his ability to fight the overflow of foreign spiritual energy causing his core to fracture in some places before a rush of spiritual energy rushed out and attacked Lou Mai instead.

The back Lash of the failed attempt caused Lou to spit out large amounts of blood as his hands moved to hold his stomach, his eyes narrowing while he tried to figure out how he'd failed. The shield keeping Sol trapped inside faded before shattering as the little beast blindly stumbled away on weakened legs. His only wish was to get as far away from that damn brat as possible! How dare he try to break his bond?! He loved Xing Wu so much and this stupid person wanted to take that away from him?

Hurt and barely able to keep his mind awake, he stumbled through the darkness while tripping on many things that littered the ground. Finally, after falling for the hundredth time, Sol was unable to push himself up again, his eyes barely able to remain open as he took shallow breaths with great effort. His whole body hurt as did his beasts core. Slowly he began to feel cold and numb as his vision filled with dark spots and he finally passed out.

Xing Wu had been trying to find his way inside, his connection to Sol had been faint and he wasn't able to talk to him anymore, so he grew more rash as he began to force his way through the ruins, trying to make his own entryway. It took him a lot of effort, but he finally managed to barge into the darkness before stumbling his way downwards into what seemed to be a hidden tunnel.

He used what fleeting connection he had to Sol in order to blindly make his way through the maze-like tunnels, looking for any clue as to what might have happened to his little floof while he'd been trapped inside. Why did it feel like Sol was too weak and would die at any moment? His heart tightening at the thought that Sol would be lost forever if he didn't hurry up and find him.

 

I was finally able to get at the last 3 chapters made up before I move. I won't have time after today sadly due to moving next week. Hopefully I'll be able to get internet set up soon though!

45