02. The Mysterious Bolark
30 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Mana couldn't wait to meet his arch-enemy. He wanted to beat the Bolark until it eyes black and blue. Bolark was a red color magic beast with round face, round eyes, and round shape body. It had strong defense and resistance to magic. However, Bolark that both kids encountered at Whitelake forest is different from normal Bolark. From its white mane, white-colored scale body and the most uncommon feature was could speak in human language. The strength and defense were at different league with the normal one.

Edgar knew his young master had a history with this unique magic beast. Every time both of them met in the forest, It was an interesting fight like a war between God and Demon and really thrilling when watched it. The only problem was his young master never win. He was challenged by the Bolark for 128 times but lost for 127 round and 1 round had no winner because the Bolark ran before fight done. Edgar never interfered when both of them were fighting because young master wanted to win against that silvery Bolark without anyone help. His shame will be clean by himself.

Nonetheless, that was not the worst incident. The worst calamity was when the battle over and young master couldn't move because tired. Chatterbox Bolark always lectured "Young boy, you still 100 years too early fight with this noble magic beast so learn better move next time to win. Hah, this handsome one is at fault because too strong for a small boy like you."

If he was bored after won the battle, he will be dancing with his round butt facing young master face. He said it was dancing of victory and must do it when winning a battle for honoring the loser. Of course, he lied. He loved to teased young master. Young master was brimming with killing intent when the Bolark put his pudgy leg to the young master head while pitied by that creature and being offered " Young boy, maybe you should become this majestic one servant because you have the talent for it. Then serve me well maybe you will get promoted to be my personal disciple. I always pity nowadays children always got spoiled by its parent and don't know how wide is the world is."

Edgar thought, yeah the world is wide and he has seen the example directly from this ridiculous and lunatic Bolark. Edgar remembered another world-famous magic beast that had no bottom line or could be called by 'Hoodlum King' Balezor in the mansion. Maybe this world had more this kind weirdo magic beast than he thought.

The demonic Bolark in mana eyes was something he wanted to overcome this Bolark so he could shed from the dark past of his life. Ed quickly chased Mana. Mana hastened his step. He wanted to cut the Bolark and eat Bolark meat that called by 'Paragon of Meat'. The most delicious meat cuisine from magic beasts. Edgar could only pray his young master not suffering again because of that evil Bolark. Mana prepared his short bow and his short sword while Edgar used gloves on his hand and he put some unknown object into his bag. Mana saw that unknown thing from Edgar's hand. 
He asked Edgar "Ed, what is it on your hand?"

Edgar answered it with a proud grin on his creation "It's was the food I made yesterday for today hunting."

Mana confused because he thought the food for today made by Edgar mom, Aunt Catherin. Aunt Catherin dishes were appetizing enough for Mana so he looked forward to it. Edgar put the dishes into the leather bag before they left the mansion. Mana asked Edgar " Ed, Why you bring more food? doesn't Aunt Catherin already made enough for both of us?".

Edgar was shaking his head and grinning mischievously. " Don't worry young master. This food will be key for today winning against that Bolark. I made it especially for today to help young master".

Mana frowned a bit and said unhappily " I want to beat that annoying Bolark by myself."

Edgar assured Mana by said, "don't worry young master, I will not interfere the battle but maybe after the battle, I could help young master a bit of revenge hehe." Edgar laughed evilly and his smile was the perfect model for thug except he still kids that afraid of ghost stories.

Mana remembered about when he met Edgar first time and play together with him. Edgar always helped him to clean up some mess and done every menial task for him. But after they were playing with father contracted beast together for this last years. He switched into flawless delinquent mentality. Sometimes Mana felt sorry for him because Edgar pure mind being tainted.

Mana himself was mischievous children. Although in front of stranger Mana demeanor was perfect, he was inheriting his father bad side. Mana satisfied when he was annoying people around him. He will feel itchy if not done enough daily dose of his sinful activity. Of course, he knew which people is risky to annoy or not. Last time he unconsciously did death seeking matter to his mother with his special power. He forgot to used the limiter ring. The consequence of that incident was his mom warm smile and her "warm up" training. The training extended until the brainwash done. Just think about it made him cold feet. Mana always kept in his deepest mind to not annoy his mom ever again.

"Fwosh~~~"

The sound of wind caressed the leaves on tree wake him up from his thought. Mana muttered in a low voice to Edgar "Edgar, you must hang on there." 
Edgar couldn't hear it because it's too faint and could only reply "Eh?"
Mana smiled radiantly and answered "Nothing."

Edgar confused and he could only give questioning look towards Mana. When mana walked forward to the Whitelake forest, the phenomenal change happen around mana within 10 step distance. Every white colored from the plant, soil, tree, and other things on forest turned back to normal colored. The green leaves on brown branches showed itself on the tree. The leaves swaying to left and right. It's show vitality and vibrant life force every time Mana moved. When mana went past the tree, the branches and leaves gradually changed back to white colored, and it was showing the normal spiritless appearance. It was fantastic scene and interesting to see. Even with one limiter ring, the effect of Mana special ability couldn't be prevented by a hundred percent. It could only hold the power from going out of control.

Mana furrowed his brow. He sighed "haaa, It's too stand out if I'm hunting like this. Even though last year I only need use one ring. Now it's necessary to use 2 rings or the power will leak out. Maybe every year I will put another ring until my finger has tower ring."

Ed heard that and thought to himself, it will be fine if only finger. If it required more than that maybe the ring will be put into the young master toe. That's gonna be hilar— no will be bad. He shook his head from weird thought and change the topic into hunting. "young master, we must go hunting right now, because Aunt Mary told us to get some meat for today lunch." Mana nodded and both of child dashed to the forest. Mana had the faint feeling about today hunt will be a big success and he could win against the Bolark.

Not far from both of the little kid, there were two squinted sapphire colored eyes fixed his gaze toward the kids from the tree. His small body was hiding behind the tree. It showed the ominous creature was waiting for them to go outside of the mansion. He snorted coldly seem mocked both kids. In an instant, the creature body slowly enlarged and changed into Silver scale Bolark. He was following them from behind. The blue sky and gentle wind is the sign of good weather but for today, the mysterious creature had this unshakeable bad foreboding feel.

0