03. Wild Boar?
18 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In south gate of Rosford Stronghold, two young soldiers walked out and they were moving to the east side of Rosford Stronghold. 
"hah..." sigh from the mouth of the young soldier of Rosford Stronghold piqued his friend interest.

His friend questioned him " Wayne, What happened to you? Why you look so bored?".

The reluctant Wayne replied " today is our patrol day to Whitelake forest. It really makes me tired when patrolled to that forest. Why should soldier in Stronghold check that forest every day? It's just waste of time. We could use the time to training more.".

His friend shrugged and said, " We're a low-rank soldier so just do our duty and don't ask for any question is the best way.".

Wayne fell silent for a moment and murmured lowly "My dream is to become someone like White Hero. But reality just too cruel for mine mediocre skill".

Wayne shook his head and tried to remove his negative mind from his head. He was impatient to become someone who strong and kind like the hero. Wayne didn't know his destiny already different after this patrol to Whitelake Forest. It turned into something he couldn't even imagine. The future was to hold better life for him. It was more exciting than becoming some Hero. He will attain title that shaken entire west continent.

* * *

Most of the child from Grandias continent always been told by their parent and other people to not approach location nearby Abaddon. They always said the Abaddon still 'alive' and will eat any bad children that approached it. Not only they told about Abaddon, they told their children about the legend of White Hero and Valistor saved the world albeit Abaddon still stand tall on the east side. White Hero overpowers magic combined with his legendary sword wiped off some forest and cut the mountain then create the Abyss Fissure.

Abyss Fissure was a hollow cliff that long enough to separate the west and east side of Grandias continent. Moreover, the mana vein inside the earth crust beneath the Abyss Fissure burst out and created the storm of mana that could destroy anything that tried to approach the fissure. Mana storm really helped to prevent any attack from Abaddon or to crushed any flying monster. The White Hero become an idol to many young boys. They wanted to become a hero like him.

Next to Whitelake Forest is Abyss Fissure. For Mana, he already lived in Whitelake Forest as long as he could remember it with his mother. Edgar came to this Whitelake forest 6 years ago with his mother. Both of them remembered every part of the forest very well like their backyard. They proceed slowly to search for prey and that mysterious Bolark. Sometimes they sent cautious gaze around their surrounding. In mana hand, a white short bow that he made by himself by using the Alnas Tree in the forest. Bowstring pulled a bit and normal sharp arrow already put in the bow. On his strapped belt are shortsword that almost soundless even when mana was running. Edgar used gloves because he had advantages with his strength and he was better than normal adventurers in hand-to-hand technique.

Mana Father?

White Hero, Farnadis Verner.

The man that led the battle and won in Abyss War. He sacrificed himself to create the Abyss Fissure and exterminated pile and pile abyss monster. The two kids advanced to northwest of their home, From their smooth movement and battle stance, they used to hunt. There were plenty of animals and plants inside the Whitelake Forest. The magic beasts were rarer because Rosford Stronghold nearby and soldiers took daily patrol in this forest. Soldiers duty were exterminating violent magic beast and checked for any anomaly so it was safe for both of children go into the forest. There was an exception like this mutant Bolark that still undetected by the soldier.

During the time they were exploring the forest, Mana heard some faint growling sound. Mana foot was stopped from walking. Edgar behind Mana did the same although he didn't know what the reason is. Edgar used to follow his young master order and it was normal to trust any word and action that his young master told him. Mana checked where the sound came from with his ear. Then he found the general location where the source of sound is. 
"Ed, I think I've heard some sound on there" Mana pointed his finger to the lake direction.

"Really young master?" Edgar perked his ear a bit in that direction and he didn't hear anything. He confused and could only trust his little Lord because His little lord rarely made a mistake on a hunt.

"Ed, we must check it so follow me slowly from behind." 

Edgar nodded.

Both of them approached it by dragging their feet with a noiseless step. Mana was preparing his bow low and hid behind the rock with Edgar. He was peeking from the back of rock toward lakeside. The beautiful transparent water with pale scenery colors made people mesmerized by its magnificent view. Mana really liked this place. He found big boar sit on a big branch of the alnas tree next to the lake. Yes, sit on the tree, not sit under the tree. Mana unconsciously turned his head and his eyes meet with Edgar. Both of them had queer expression and their thought become messy because of this out of common sense situation. Mana tried to rub his charming magenta eyes and focused on the boar again. The boar sat and leaned to the tree. Mana pinched Edgar hand with moderate strength and Edgar writhed in pain. 
Mana asked Edgar "Are we not dreaming right now? "

While his eyes moistened with tears a bit, Edgar answered it with a pouted expression "the pinch it's hurt so it's must be not dreaming."

"Really?" mana questioned Edgar back.

Edgar said, "Or need me to pinch young master hand to make sure?".

Mana instantly answered "no thanks. Yes, this is real not a dream."

"..."

Edgar could only silently curse inside his heart. You pinched people yet you didn't want to be pinched by other. If you were not my young master, I already beat you until your mom can't recognize her son's face. Edgar delinquent mind had become more severe and he wasn't even aware of his change. Poor Edgar, his future might be more misfortune wait for him. He was mess cleaner for his young master.

The big brown boar on the tree opened its eyes spontaneously then do acrobatics spin on air and flip 2 times before reach the ground. Both of child dropped their jaw big enough for the entire big white bread to enter and their wide eyes were focused so they could burn this marvelous moment into their brain. They restrained the impulse to clapping their hand or applause to the boar. This only once in lifetime boar best attraction they ever saw.

During the time both children astonished, the mysterious Bolark froze after saw the boar feat. He admired the boar so much that he wanted to keep the boar as a pet. His position was nearest to the boar, two trees away from the boar yet the boar didn't detect his presence. It showed how powerful his stealth skill. His escaping ability was on the top of the magic beast. To him, escape was easy like use a pinky finger to dig nose hole.

"Something is not right, why that boar have that kind skill?" the wrinkled appear on his silvery forehead. His instinct said there is a fishy thing about that boar. When the mysterious creature mind was deep in thought. The little kids were ready to hunt the boar. Mana was given 'Me first!' hand signal to Edgar. Mana coated his arrow with foreign deep green liquid. Mana was nocked his arrow into the short bow and stretch his bowstring. He pulled the bowstring until the full draw. The smooth motion showed his archery mastery is good enough to hunt. He paused the bowstring and aimed to the boar foreleg. This boar was unique and he thought better to capture the boar and bring it back to home. He released the arrow and it hit the boar foreleg.

However, the arrow was bouncing out from the foreleg and it only gave the boar a small scratch on its skin. Mana was children and his strength not yet enough to incapacitated the boar instantly with the short bow. But normally, he could injure any wild boar foreleg he found from last years. Maybe this boar had the toughest fur that he ever saw.

The boar turned his head and noticed the arrow that hit its foreleg. The boar scoffed it and kicked the arrow with the back foreleg. The arrow was flying toward two trees away from the boar. The mysterious creature put his hand on the chin while closed his eyes and in deep thought. The arrow seemed had its own mind and landed safely to the mysterious creature leg. The mysterious creature opened his eyes and saw the arrow between his leg. He grinned and thought he must think too much about the bad omen. Something like this was an unconcerned thing for him because he sensed it similar as being stung by ant.

He smelled the familiar scent from the arrow and his hands were moving by itself to touch the arrow. It was a normal arrow but there something coated on the arrow, his eyes assessed the arrow carefully. He felt the coated liquid is familiar to him. Then his hand touched the tip of arrow full of green colored wet liquid. Because he had poison resistance. He wasn't afraid of any poison in the world. He tried to remember it slowly and he knew what it is exactly. The cold sweat poured from his forehead. His mouth trembled and repeatedly open-close like fish got choked down. With stuttered voice, he exclaimed, "Thi-Thi-This is..!!"

0