05. Fight Against the Wild Boar
16 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Mana Mother, Mary Verner was a beautiful woman with silky long blonde hair. Her blue eyes could captivate any person who stared at it. Many young men become her hardcore fans. Her image as one of the most beautiful women already branded in mind of many people in Gallinos Empire. Mary always told Mana to remember one thing.

"Mana must become stronger." Mary's eyes showed some indistinct pain and faint of anxious light.

"Why must become stronger, Mom?"

"Because when you become stronger then you can protect yourself and people that you loved."

"Really?"

" Yes, you can protect Mom as well. " Mary smiled warmly toward Mana.

Mana answered it innocently "Then I will become stronger! But..."

"But..?" Mary was confused.

"But can Mom spare me from punishment right now..?"

Mary put wide grin and replied "It's not punishment. Mom is not angry about your mistake like burn down Mom favorite cloak. Mom made this dish just for you today and you must finish it. Don't worry, Balezor already tried it first and he said it was a great dish. It's one of the best dishes that mom ever made."

Then Mana eyelid twitched and he stuttered "Thi-this really fine to eat??"

Mary blinked her eye playfully and smiles "Of course. although there some weird flavor but it's really healthy food. You must trust Mom. Catherin already verified it, and she said the dish good for health although she quickly went after checking the dish because of some small problem."

"Gulp." Mana swallowed his saliva and he braced himself to eat it because he can't run away from his Mother. The flavor is indescribable aw-awful, maybe even poisonous plant will bow down in defeat. Healthy for body yet it could traumatize Mana mind. This taste made Mana will never ever to provoke his Mother again.

After that unforgettable lunch, Mana trained by his Mother every day. From five years old until now, he was receiving tough for children like psychical training and magic control training. When Mana still a baby, his power ran amuck and destroyed many things around Mansion. The limiter ring created for Mana exclusively by Mary acquaintance. Mary made the necklace by combined the string and put the ring into the string. She put the necklace with the ring at baby Mana chubby neck.

Edgar trained as well by Mana mother and both of them become stronger day by day. Edgar was an obedient child and he did the training because his Mother told him to do it. He didn't hate training at all. However, Mana was a lazy kid and lacked enthusiasm when training. So he cried and complained about this hard training even for a normal adult. He didn't want to do it anymore. But his Mother always pushed him to do it for some unknown reason.

When he was dead tired, his Mom always said in a stern voice " You must become stronger."

Relax after the training was luxurious for him. Furthermore, the training made all around his body sore. Word of 'training' become his big nemesis. He hated training. He wanted to play all the days.

Now when fighting the wild boar, Mana and Edgar showed great fighting skill. This could make many people surprised by their capability even though they were children. The wild boar took some distance away from both of kids. Then the boar lunged to Mana. Mana used his bow and put three arrows at the same time and shot it simultaneously toward boar forehead. His arrow seemed follow the boar. Chubby boar tried to dodge the arrow. It was a perfect roll to the left side and the timing was perfect too.

Mana pull off one of his limiter rings and shouted "Hit!".

Yet when the arrow should miss the boar, it suddenly changed trajectory sharply when Mana shout. The arrows were hitting boar belly in the same spot and not even one arrow was missed. The boar roared in pain because the belly part was its weakness. The arrow scratched its belly and blood pouring out little by little. Although the power not enough to pierce its belly, this hit made it paralyzed for a moment in the ground.

"Good job young master!" Edgar gave thumbs up to Mana and praised Mana.

"Ed, go beat the boar before it runs away!"

"Roger!"

Edgar charged and leaped toward the boar. He put all his power into his fist then released the strike. Even Edgar was a kid but he had muscular body and explosive power. Mana could hear the sound of the blasted wind from Edgar punch. Everyday Edgar and Mana trained by Mary. Edgar did put more effort into training more than Mana. Training sessions with Mary were not for normal children. The children who didn't have good body constitution couldn't join this hard training. Because Mary was teaching basic made for young novice adventurers, not children.

For magic training, Mary will wait until both of children ready for magic training. Magic couldn't learn by kids casually. Because they required to control the mana inside their body or uncontrollable mana flow could put the burden on them and destroyed their body. At least when they 10 years old then they could learn magic on the Academy. Instructor on Academy will help them to learn magic. However, Mana was a special child. He could use unique magic when he still a baby.

Edgar fist strong enough to put the elite soldier into shame. His fist was hitting the boar forehead and Boar was let out piercing cry of pain. The gloves were flexible but strong as high-quality steel and it had enchanted with damage amplifying effect by 2 times. If the enchanted gloves combined with Edgar strength, it could kill normal boar easily. Edgar punching the boar face multiple times until he sweating. Yet this boar still living and Edgar felt the skin of this boar too hard and his attack didn't had too much effect. Edgar moved back to calm his breath. The boar struggled to get up with its leg. It didn't had the confidence to win this fight because the kids stronger than it thought. Meanwhile, Edgar injured boar internal organs and the internal organs were not strong like its skin. Mana unusual attack made the boar dread him more than Edgar. Fortunately, the boar legs were fine. So the boar thought to escaped from the kids.

Mana surprised "Wow, it can standing after beaten by Edgar punch?"

"Sorry young master, I'm failed to knock it out."

"No Problem Ed, maybe it's mutant of the boar. At least it's not a magic beast and we have good chance to win."

Mana had confidence could beat the boar because of his training and his unique skill. With help of Edgar, it will be easier. Mana eyes stared the standing boar. The boar seemed want to run away from them. Mana made a motion with his finger toward his quiver. Instantly three arrows on his quiver moved by itself and floated in front of Mana. Then it were shining with a magic power that infused by Mana himself. The beautiful line up of arrow with overwhelmed colorful mana. Plant, grass, tree, rock, and soil showed vitality from this overflow warm mana. Even the arrow got longer and bigger than before. This unbelievable spectacle near Mana made Edgar and the boar captivate by this dazzling view.

Edgar shook his head and laughed "Young master got serious. Now that pitiful boar will be crushed by the young master. hahaha."

The boar look at Mana with fearful eyes. It was first time seen this kind of monstrous human child. Whenever human children saw the boar they will run away with the fastest speed they could. Only some snotty children brave enough to throw off some rock and it felt ticklish for the boar.

When Mana released the arrow toward the boar. The arrow looks like short spear rotates and create a vortex of mana. Exaggerated magic power destroyed arrow shaft from inside until arrowheads remained. Edgar very happy could see Mana powerful ability. He couldn't help but exclaimed, " Young master power really cool !"

It was the coolest thing that Edgar ever saw. He imagined if he could become like his young master maybe he will become the coolest man in the world.

"Well, at least I'm already following the coolest magician in the world. Then I'm the coolest aide. hehehe." Edgar muttered and laughed foolishly by himself. While Edgar optimistic with his coolest future, the boar got hit by the unrestrained arrowhead on its left side body. This time boar pain was more agonizing than before because the arrowhead entering its body and wrecking it from inside. Because the speed of arrowhead was too fast for the boar to reacted so the boar didn't dodge the arrow. The body of boar soaked with blood. It was staggering and move slowly to the lake.

Mana had used all his power to shoot the arrow and could only sit on the grass while wiped his sweat on forehead. He shouted to Edgar "Edgar! stop it before the boar enters to the lake!"
Edgar woke up from his wild imagination and heard Mana shout. Then he replied "Roger!"
Edgar dashed with all his might. He could see the boar already half-step to dead. So he thought, now even one punch could make the boar dead. Despite they couldn't capture the boar at least they need the meat for today task or their days will be more miserable.

0