06. Edge Waterfall
19 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The boar killed by Edgar powerful punch. Edgar pulled the Boar and hanged it up on the tree with ropes. He did learn how to processed animal or magic beast meat from his mother. Blood inside the boar needed to be drawn out first. Next, he took his knife and started the meat processing. From Edgar hummed voice, Mana knew Edgar was happy with their hunt today. The wild boar meat was one of Edgar favorites.

While Edgar was butchering the wild boar, Mana who was sitting nearby said " Edgar, this morning we're lucky to get wild boar meat. After you finished, we go to Edge Waterfall to fishing and eating our lunch."

Edgar replied "Roger. I will do it in a minute."

Mana though it would be great if they could get fish especially the Horned fish. Horned fish were rare fishes live at Edge Waterfall. Lake in front of them didn't have fish at all so they were must go to Edge Waterfall to fishing. It called Whitelake and they found creepy rumor around this lake. Even if the lake was beautiful but there was an unknown creature lived inside this lake.

Plenty people said Dragon, Leviathan, or other legendary beasts lived inside the lake. Mary always told Mana and Edgar to never play around the lake when night came. Little Mana interested in this matter, led him and Edgar go to the lake at night. Edgar was afraid going outside when the forest was still dark. He had a bad relationship with a ghost story and he didn't want to meet with any unknown translucent being. But he gritted his teeth and gone outside because of his young master request. Albeit they found nothing suspicious. Mana was disappointed yet Edgar was relieved by it.

Edge Waterfall was the best fishing spot on Whitelake Forest. Nearby the waterfall was Abyss Fissure. It was a safe place. The barrier created by mana storm inside Abyss Fissure encompassed the waterfall. Barrier defends the Edge Waterfall from any Abaddon monster intrusion.

Shortly after Edgar put all boar meat and skin inside a big leather bag. The weight of meat didn't feel too much for muscular Edgar.

"Young master, I'm done."

"Ok. Let's go fishing." Mana hastily put weird wood sculpture made by himself into the bag.

Mana was sculpted small wood with his knife. his hobby was sculpting. He didn't remember when he loved to carve the wood. Nonetheless, It was helpful for him to controlled his magic power. His small knife was dulled deliberately so he poured mana inside knife to carve the wood. Mary said this small knife was his father knife for wood sculpting and training. Only the result of his sculpting was appalling enough. When he tried to sculpt the cute rabbit shape, it turned to crooked nose rabbit with a muscular human body. Every chaotic sculpture he made, could make people and monster unpleasant in the same way. He had otherworldly sculpting skill, and it difficult to look for someone who could surpass his aesthetic sense.

Nevertheless, Mana didn't care about other opinions. He believed his own sculptures were best one. Edgar could only helpless see those sculptures decorated inside Mansion. Furthermore, he agreed about its hideous appearance. At least Edgar never saw such ugly creatures.

In a half of hours walk, they arrived at the Edge Waterfall. They heard the loud sound of water crash down from higher ground to the plunge basin. The kids didn't go near the waterfall but go to the river bank. Transparent and pure water on the stream made the stream had plenty of healthy fish. Mana and Edgar were eating the food while sitting on the flat rock near the wide stream. Then Mana asked Edgar " Ed, do you hear something when we fight that boar? I heard that Bolark sound but he shout 'help help help' so I ignore it."

"Yes. I heard it too. Hahaha. It's a shame that I can't use my secret weapon to teach that Bolark."

Mana snorted and said " Humph. He must be following us and waiting for golden chance to do a surprise attack on us. If I see him when the moment he suffering, then I will laugh until my stomach hurt to hear such beautiful shout. By the way, what is your secret weapon?"

Edgar smiled and he replied when Mana took a sip of white dews "It is a masterpiece of cooking that I learn from Aunt Mary."

Mana got choked by Edgar word and instantly Mana spurted out the white dews. His eyes widen stared at Edgar. Mana couldn't believe it and asked with an incredulous expression "Mom?"

Edgar only repeatedly nodded while closed his eyes.

Mana sighed and said, "Why is Mom teaching you when her cooking tastes more disastrous than you?"

Edgar answered " I admire Aunt Mary cooking. If I give this kind of food to people I hate or the monster then I feel it's worth to learn. The cooking world is boundless."

Mana nodded with a serious expression and said " Indeed it's true. If I compare Aunt Catherin cooking with Mom, then it's like heaven and hell taste."

"But don't forget this Ed."

"Forget what young master?"

"Don't forget to share it with me as well. So I can use it as a prank as well hehehe." Mana gave sly laugh.

"Yes, young master hehehe." Ed followed Mana laugh.

Mana solemnly said "And you must learn the normal way to cook from Aunt Catherin. If you cooking for me, at least make something edible or delicious."

With serious eyes, Edgar said "Roger."

During the times they talked about food, Mana fish rod was busy moving around and he pulled the fish rod back with a fish attached on the fishhook. Edgar was envious of Mana luck. Every time they fishing, Mana got full of fish in the bag. Yet last time Edgar only got a smelly goblin loincloth. Edgar was felt embarrassed by his fishing skill.

"Ed, your fish hook moving."

" Ah? It's a big one!! hahaha. Today it's my lucky day hahaha."

Edgar slowly pulled back his fish rod. Edgar delighted by his big capture.

" Ed, is that really a fish? I feel have seen something like this before."

" No way, it's must be bi-"

When Edgar look at his spoil, he became tongue-tied for a moment. He knew his rotten luck came back. Nonsense loincloth in front of him with a size bigger than goblin loincloths. The color of dirty loincloth was brown with some moss growing on it. Maybe Edgar fished orc loincloth. Mana laughed loudly until his stomach cramped. He didn't think Edgar luck so heaven-defying.

"This is too big. Probably the biggest loincloth I've ever seen." Mana was still amused at Edgar spoil.

Edgar faces red like boiled lobster because he embarrassed by his spoil. Although the spoil was bigger than last time, the shame was more than last time. Edgar was trying to change the topic and saw the sky with dark gray cloud, they were fishing for a long time so it should be lunch time.

"Young master, it seems the rain will come so we need to go home before it's too late. We need to bring back the meat for lunch."

"Ok. Even if you fishing again, next spoil will be Ogre loincloth." Mana teased the Edgar.

" Hahaha. no way right?" Edgar only laughed it and think it was impossible matter.

Not long after they ready to go home, the heavy rain poured down on Whitelake Forest.

* * *

Wayne and his friend Max walked around the Whitelake Forest. The next place they needed to go is Edge Waterfall. They were staring at the sky and see the dark grey cloud sign.

"Whew. This weather not friendly. We need to find a place for shelter before raining." Max told Wayne.

Wayne replied, "No, we should quickly go to Edge Waterfall and go back to the stronghold."

"Sure. Let's do it."

They run toward the Edge Waterfall. After arriving at the Edge Waterfall, Wayne stopped Max from moving forward. Wayne told Max to hide. Both of them crouched on the ground and hid behind the thick thicket.

"What happen Wayne? Why suddenly you stop?" Max confused by Wayne action.

"There are 2 persons on Edge Waterfall."

"Who are they? They brave enough to go nearby the Abaddon? Although barrier did a good job of repelling monsters, this places not completely safe."

"I'm not sure."

Max trusted Wayne because he knows Wayne had talent as a scout. He recruited by 'Blaze Swordmaster' Aaron Lorden to his squad. His keen sense and cautious mind when live training caught Aaron's eyes. Next week he will be transferring to Aaron's squad.

Max and Wayne were sneak peek to the river bank. They found two people on the river bank. A child and a young boy. The young boy had a muscular body and scary face and the small child had a thin body but lovely face. They were peculiar pairs.

Max relaxed and sighed "I thought monster but it's just kids play around."

Wayne raised his brow and felt something weird. His sense sent an alarm to his mind. It was the most intense warning he ever experienced. There was a dangerous living being around this place. Then the rain poured down. Both of soldier soaked in rain.

Max reminded "Hey Wayne, we need to go back quickly."

"Yeah. But how about the kids? we need to take them home first."

"Ok. Let's call them."

When Max turned his head toward the kid and young boy. He stunned by something. Wayne's eyes widened and he was shocked by this jaw-striking scene.

When the short and thin kid pulled out his rings, raindrops nearby the handsome kid stagnated. It couldn't touch the kid body at all. The raindrops clumped together and covered both of kids with a curtain of water. Inside of the curtain of water situation felt like summer season. In addition inside of the water veil, everything like soil, grasses, and plants color changed from white to its normal color. Both soldiers felt the world was breathing when saw this abnormality.

Wayne and Max were stupefied. They couldn't believe this outrageous spectacle. Both of kids were floating and then flying toward another direction.

Max said "Wayne, Am I dreaming? "

He weakly shook his head and said "No. This is unbelievable fact. I don't know how those kids could do this."

Max eyes shined and said, "I heard a rumor about Sir Farnadis Mansion nearby here."

Wayne had realized it and said " Perhaps..."

Slowly their voice couldn't be heard because the rain becomes stronger.

0