07. Valery Knighton
13 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Verner mansion in Whitelake Forest was Hero Farnadis home. Except for close family and friends, no one knew about Verner mansion. There was a good reason why Whitelake forest chosen. From every part of the forest was full of mana and far from the crowd of people. Biggest reason Farnadis loved this forest because it reminded him of his previous home when he still lived with his mother. He brought Mary and had happy wedding life for 1 years before the Abyss appeared.

""I'm home.""

"Welcome home, young master and Ed."

A calm voice inside mansion answered back. Someone moved toward them. well endowed woman with glasses and had a gentle expression with a warm smile. She had short black hair and brown eyes suitable for maid uniform. She was Edgar mom, Catherin. Catherin was Mary childhood friend and maid who take care Mary at Mary's family.

"Outside was raining, Did both of you got wet from the rain?"

Edgar said " Nope, We didn't get wet. Young master used his power to keep off the rain."

Catherin sighed and said "Young master, please remember. Don't ever use your power when it's not necessary. Your mother and I worried if people know young master power."

Mana patted his chest and said with confident voice "Don't worry, Aunt Catherin. I guarantee it no one saw my power."

Mana confident tone made Catherin felt more worried. This rascal young master always said guaranteed this and that, yet the result was disastrous. No one knew how many times Mana created problems for Mary, Catherin, and Edgar. Start from food vanished without a trace when he was cooking, put his nightmare sculpture at Edgar bed at midnight, helped his Mother to grow some nose hair. When Catherin thought about it, she felt headaches. The only person who could restraint Mana was Mary. At least Mana didn't go wild with his prank when Mary nearby. Catherin sensed sympathy toward Mary.

"Mom, we are got jackpot today. Tada! Wild Boar meat!" Edgar showed the wild boar meat to Catherin.

"Aunt Catherin, I'm bringing some fishes too. " Mana showed his full bag of fishes.

Catherin put off her worries aside and took the bag with full of ingredients for today lunch. They had special guests come from outside of the forest. She must serve the best dishes for today lunch.

"Young master, you just need to call me Catherin. No need to call me Aunt. okay?" Catherin smiled.

Mana hesitant "Bu-" Mana word interrupted by Catherin.

"Okay?" stiff smile showed on Catherin.

Mana said it once again "But Mom sa--." before cut by Catherin again.

"Oookay?" Although Catherin smile was more dazzling than before, Mana was shivering when see Catherin smile. If he still insisted on it, then he provoked someone who Mary trusted. Mana hidden misdeeds will be exposed by Catherin and he will be punished again by Mary. Catherin could easily pull this, Mana sure of it.

Mana nodded multiple times like a chicken nod and he said "Yes, Catherin."

Catherin frozen aura gone like wind carried it out and she satisfied by Mana answer "Good boy."

Edgar knew so well why his mother didn't like word of aunt because 'aunt' was a taboo word for his mother.

Catherin motto was 'Forever Young'. Edgar changed the topic and said, "Mom, I will change clothes with the young master before lunch."

She smiled and said "Ok. Later I will grill the meats and fishes. Today is a special happy day so eat as many as you could."

She checked Ed bags only had wild boar meats and skins and asked "Hm? Ed, Why your bag had no fishes at all?"

Mana laughed and Edgar slumped his shoulders. Kids reaction made Catherin confused. Mana said "Ed captured big spoil today but it's not fish. He gets big orc loincloths."

*Puff* A small laugh escaped from Catherin's lips. She looked at Edgar with warm eyes and patted his head "Don't worry about it. As long as Ed having fun that's good."

Ed face become redder and he urged Mana "Let's go, young master. We change our clothes quickly."

Catherin smiled at Edgar and said, "Both of you wait until the lunch ready."

"Okay." Mana wanted to meet his Mother. Moreover, it was rare for people to come to the mansion so he rather curious about unknown guests.

* * *

On the living room of the mansion. Three peoples sat down on chairs and happily chatting. A beautiful woman with silky long blonde hair and slender body. Her clothes were simple dress yet radiated alluring feeling. Additionally, her clear blue eyes and simple smile could melt anyone heart even the coldest minded person in Grandias. She was Mary Verner.

Next to Mary was an armored young girl which had similar features with Mary except for her short hair. As a matter of fact, she was Mary little sister, Valery Knighton. After she done her study in Academy, she joined the military. The last person was an honest-looking man with red hair and use same armor as the young girl. Both armors were exclusive items for Gallinos Empire soldiers. They took off the armor because it was unnecessary for now. Occasionally red-haired man sneakily glanced to Mary then his face was reddened by itself.

Valery said, "Big sis Mary, sorry for a sudden visit."

Mary said "It's been 8 years since you come to this mansion. I thought you already forgot your big sis. Who is this man? is he your lover?"

Valery said in flat-out voice "No. He is my aide, Heinz."

Mary teased Valery and said, "Oh my, I thought my cute little sister found a good man."

"M-my name is Heinz! Pleased to meet you, ma'am!" Heinz stuttered his introduction for a bit because he was a shy person. He was weak against beautiful women.

Mary with a warm smile replied, "Hello Heinz, please take care of my cute little sister."

Heinz saluted Mary with dead serious expression and said "Yes ma'am! I will protect lady Valery and will never allow anyone to hurt lady Valery!"

Mary nodded twice and said, "Thank you, I'm relieved to hear it."

Mary whispered in low voice to Valery "Valery, why you didn't choose Heinz as your lover? Even though you already 23 years old, you not yet found any potential husband. Don't you feel your life too sad? Heinz had a good attitude and from my intuition, I feel he is a splendid man."

Valery stunned and denied it with a loud voice "Wh-wh-what?! No no no. He is very weak! Every time we sparring, he always lost to me."

Heinz showed a bitter smile. He lost because he didn't want to hurt women. In the first place, close combat wasn't Heinz strong point.

Valery said in dejected sound " Furthermore, his face is cuter than me."

"..."

Heinz fragile heart cracked a bit after heard Valery opinion. He wasn't muscular type instead he had a slender body and give off strong feminine impression. Heinz face could make many females bit their lips in frustration. Under those circumstances, he joined the army to become manlier. The reality was opposite of imagination. Despite entered the army, he got an unofficial title for 'Pretty Man'.

Mary said "It's not a big deal, don't judge man quality from his appearance. Look at your deceased brother-in-law. Even though the only positive trait of him is nothing but a handsome face, he still becomes Hero."

"Big sis, you insult your own deceased husband, don't you? He will be crying if knew about this."

Mary snorted "Hmph, he liked it whenever I give him sarcastic remark."

"..."

Mary remember about white dews on the table and asked them "Do both of you want to drink white dews?"

"Yes, it's been long times since I drink this dew." Valery liked the white dews because of its sweet and fragrant flavor. Not to mention its great healing effect and white dew could be said as one of rare drinks. In entire Grandias, only Verner Mansion in Whitelake Forest could produce white dews. Of course, only some trusted people who know about this.

Mary asked Heinz "Heinz, how about you? Would you like to try white dews?"

Heinz replied, " Um, yes, I would like to try the specialty of Whitelake Forest."

During Valery tasted the drink, she said "Speak of the devil, recently there is a rumor said Farnadis and Big sis Mary had a baby. I was taken aback by the rumor and asked about the truth to Sir Aaron at Rosford Stronghold. Captain Aaron said it's real and he has seen the boy. Is it real?"

Mary poured the white dews to Valery and Heinz cups. She smiled and said "Yes. It's real."

Heinz froze a bit after heard about this amazing news. He shocked and happy at same times.

"But Farnadis should be dead 10 years ago and I've visited big sis 8 years ago. I remember big sis didn't have a child."

"Yes, you remember it well."

"So the rumor was fake?" Valery took a sip of white dew and felt the sweet fragrant and flavor of white dews.

"No. the rumor was right. His name was Mana Verner. Mana name combined from mine and Farnadis name." Mary smile became wider when she said Mana names. When she talked about Mana, her eyes overflowed with tenderness.

"Hm? I'm getting more confused. Maybe you adopted him?" Valery felt strange by Mary answer.

Mary shook her head and said "No. Mana is mine and Farnadis child. I'm sure of it. Anyway, when you look at Mana, you will understand what I said."

Valery puzzled by her sister answer. How could Mary have a child when Farnadis died? Moreover, Valery saw Farnadis funeral process 10 years ago and everyone in Empire knew White Hero died. This matter was too fishy. The truth behind Mana birth seems more complex than she thought. Valery knew this matter can't speak carelessly. Fewer peoples knew about Mana birth then it would be better. She worried about her sister and nephew safety. Mary was a strong magician and Divine beast Balezor protected the mansion. However, there were plenty of people who hated Farnadis. Those villains would do anything to kill his family.

All of sudden, there was a kid open the living room door and said "Mom, I'm home."

" Mana, you finally returned. Come here, greet your aunt." said Mary.

Mana moved toward his Mother side. Small head with silky ash blonde gold short hair and large magenta eyes that could easily captivate any girls attention were inherent from his father side except some part like the blonde hair. In addition, Mana modest pointed nose and smile were similar to Mary. When Valery saw Mana for the first time, her mouth was hanging open for a moment. Valery though mini sized Farnadis with chubby cheeks in front of her. Her nephew was so cute and cute nephew is justice.

"This is my son, Mana. Mana, this is mom younger sister and your aunt, Valery Knighton. On the other side was your aunt aide, called Heinz." Mary stroked Mana's hair and introduced Mana to Valery and Heinz.

"Hi, Aunt Valery and Uncle Heinz. Nice to meet you." Mana greeted aunt Valery that he never saw before.

*sniff*

All of sudden, Valery eyes were brimming with tears. Valery remembered, how her sister heart and mind torn apart when she couldn't save Farnadis. How her sister shed tears every time she saw her husband grave. How her sister spend all of her time sat down next to Farnadis grave from morning till night. Valery, Knighton household, and Valistor members so worried about Mary conditions but Mary wanted to be alone. At least Balezor protected Mary at the mansion. This made Mary's family and friends relieved about her safety. Three years passed after Farnadis died, Mary sent a letter to her family. The letter said she was fine and told them to bring Catherin to Verner Mansion.

"Hi, Mana. Aw, he so cute. Come here Mana, let your aunt see you closer." Valery was holding her tears from spilling out.

Heinz's eyes became redder. He said "Yes, nice to meet you too. Mana is a good name."

Heinz was one of the survivors of Abyss War. He indebted with Hero Farnadis and other 6 Valistor members. The rigid war was brutal and many of his friends became dead bodies. They could win the war because Farnadis sacrificed his life. He respected Farnadis and Mary so much that he volunteered to become Valery aide. Because she was Farnadis sister-in-law and Mary little sister. Heinz was a trustworthy person. For this reason, Valery invited him to visit Verner Mansion. However, when Heinz saw this cute child appearance take after Farnadis, he couldn't help but cry out of joy.

Now, Valery knew why her big sister back to the kind and caring sister. Mana was Mary's light of hope. She felt warmness that Mana brought to melt Mary's frozen heart. In the end, she didn't care about the truth behind Mana birth as long as Mary happy with Mana. Valery was very happy and she loved Mana more and more.

0