08. Cursed Fate
36 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Mana sat on Valery's lap and hugged from behind by his aunt. They talked about Mana daily life. Mana asked many things to Valery about outside world. He curious how a town like or capital of Gallinos Empire, Ardiant. Valery slowly told him about how big and beautiful Ardiant city. She explained many things to Mana from food until about the capital Academy. Mana felt his aunt was a wonderful person. She had similar kindness as his mother. Moreover, she was more talkative than Mary. He laughed when hearing about his mother past achievement. From young Mary famous title 'Hazardous Mary' till she married with his father.

Not long after Mana chatted with his aunt, Catherin finished the lunch preparation for today. Valery greeted Catherin and saw the muscular Edgar. When Edgar still baby, Valery loved to play with little Edgar. So she surprised by Edgar growth. His baby face and robust body seemed incompatible. Edgar still 9 years old yet tall like a young man. Even now she felt Edgar physique still on growth phase. Edgar had innate talent in strength.

Today lunch main dishes were wild boar meat and fresh fishes. Mana told Mary and others about eccentric wild boar when eating lunch. Four adults in the room didn't seem to believe it at all. Because of it unreasonable matter when Boar could swimming, climbing the tree, and acrobatic jumping. Edgar verified it to them because the boar was real.

Before came to Verner Mansion, Heinz heard about a weird report. The report said about the normal animal nearby white forest and Abaddon showed unusual habit. He told this news to Mary, Catherin, and the kids. He warned them to be careful when visited the Whitelake Forest. Perhaps, animals on Whitelake forest influenced by Abaddon. Valery thought she should tell Sir Aaron to tightened the defense on Stronghold and should send someone to investigated this matter.

"By the way, big sis, why I don't see Balezor?" Valery asked Mary.

Mary frowned and said "I don't know where that rotten beast goes to. Maybe he playing with female goblins somewhere."

Valery showed a bitter smile. She knew why her sister hates this shape-shifting divine beast. His rotten personality was a gift from Farnadis. Although Balezor had plenty- no, had too many bad sides, at least he had a bit of redeeming features. That was his loyalty to Farnadis and powerful strength. Farnadis told him to protect Mary if should anything happen to him. Balezor could copy any beast appearance except human. In addition, he had dragon blood and ancient doppelganger flesh. Although he not at his peak condition, he was still powerful enough to destroy one or two towns if he serious. The only problem was he loved to create plenty of trouble and disaster.

Balezor hoodlum way somehow had influenced Mana and Edgar. Last year, Mary scolded Balezor and told him to give a good example to kids. Balezor gave his promise to make them into good boys. Yet not even a day after promise, the rotten beast break his promise. He and two kids were burning the entire storage room in a distance that not far from the Mansion. Edgar and Mana were grilling meat next to the storage room but Balezor came and wrecked the feast by eating the meat with flamboyant manner. Mana angry at Balezor so he used his magic and shoot the fireballs to Balezor. Rain of fireballs was out from nowhere toward the Balezor. Balezor panic-stricken by Mana enormous magic, he didn't have any choice. He could only evade the fireball and run far from there before more crazy magic appear. In the end, fireball ended up burned down the storage room and Mary came to put down the fire on the half-burned building with her water magic. Luckily there was nothing important thing in the storage room and the fire could end before it was taken over the Mansion as well.

Later, Mary gave her hell cuisine to Balezor. The reaction of Balezor was like the end of the world come in front of him. Balezor cried over and over. He prostrated shamelessly and beg to Mary to spare him from torture. Mary found this weapon way too effective for him. So if he courted disaster then he could only blame himself, Mary will not spare him from punishment. In the end, Mary told him to become kids bodyguard whenever they go out to the forest and he must stealthily protect kids. Mana and Edgar didn't know about this but they had suspicions toward the Bolark that always stalked them. Because not many of magic beast could speak, so they had an inkling about Bolark identity.

"..so every man in the capital who met with angry big sis Mary will try to protect their bottom unconsciously and run away. They shouted 'Death Goddess here! run for your life!' with fear and awe on their face. Not to mention, Your father face, when he got beaten by big sister, was unforgettable and still become talks of legend 'Henpecked Hero' in Ardiant City." Valery talked about Mary past.

"Hazardous Mary huh? Mom! your title is very cool! You stronger than Father! " Mana excited to hear her mother title. He sat beside her mother while her mother wiped sauce on his mouth with a napkin.

Mary face stiffened for a bit and she heard Valery laughed beside her. Heinz tried to hold his laugh with looking away.

Mary looked at Valery with a displeased expression " Why you told Mana about my embarrassing past?"

"Because it seems fun to tell Mana about how gallant his mother is." said Valery with a happy face.

Mary displeased face change into a bright smile and said "Mana, help mother to give your aunt surprise."

Mana curious about her mom request "Help with what, mom?"

"Here come closer." Mary whispered something to Mana and Mana nodded twice.

"Ok."

Valery confused and asked "What? what kind of thing is that big sister gonna give to me?"

Mana pulled out his rings and he stared his Aunt. Valery felt uncomfortable with something she never feels before. The mana flow around her changed and slowly swirled to her body. At the same time, something happened to Valery.

"Ehhhhhh!!!" Valery shocked and unconsciously shouted. because of Valery loud shout, Heinz choked by fishes bone.

When Heinz saw Valery nose, something appears. It was bundles of very long nose h---. He muddled by this unexpected situation. How could something like that grow so fast? He opened his mouth so big that it could touch the table.

Valery movement speed seemed to level up a bit. Within a second she was outside of dining room. She asked in frustrated tone "How could it grow fast like this?! Who did this?! Is it Mana who did this?!"

Mary smiled while Catherin showed a wry smile. Edgar and Mana laughed while Heinz still absent-minded.

"Aunt Valery, don't blame me. I'm only doing this because Mom told me to do it." Mana showed his white teeth with a wide grin. He used his innocent smile as a weapon to cooling out his aunt's angriness toward him.

"Humph. This is your punishment because you've told Mana about mine embarrassing past." added Mary in teasing tone.

Valery couldn't hear anyone voice anymore because she went to the toilet. She didn't know how Mana could use such a weird magic. Her common sense cracked after saw this phenomenon. The magic that could affect time or maybe growth was something never seen before on this continent. She felt more mystery from her cute nephew. Tonight, she must ask her big sister about Mana power.

* * *

At the night, Whitelake Forest seemed brighter than normal forest. Because white color in every part of Whitelake Forest, every time moonlight shine on Whitelake Forest it was bright enough to see the forest surrounding. Beautiful forest covered in white light. Valery wanted to chat privately with Mary. So both of them go to the terrace of the Mansion when Heinz played with the kids and Catherin fell asleep. One hour ago, Balezor came back and he was dead tired because of the pheromones incident so he wants undisturbed rest for tonight.

"What is that magic? Is it Mana power?" Valery couldn't bring herself to forget miracle that Mana made.

Mary said "Yes. It's his innate power. It could bring vitality or growth to anything from human to non-living object. Although the power still limited, the after effect was surpassing any magic that we know. Not only that, he could use any magic that I've never seen or heard before. You could say he was rewriting the history of magic in Grandias."

Valery relieved and at the same time excited as well. She said "It's good. At least, he had the strength to defend himself from danger. This power could save him when it necessary."

Mary sighed and said "Yes, but I can't helped but worried. His power is unheard and maybe Mana will become stronger than Farnadis. That is why I'm afraid Mana will carry heavy burdens on his small shoulder more than his Father."

Mary's lips quivered and she continued "I just wanted Mana had normal happiness like other people. Had a wife, had children, had a happy future. I didn't want to see Mana experience what I and Farnadis did."

Valery realized her big sister didn't want Mana to face any danger. Any mother didn't want her child go to experience cruel war or suffering because lost someone dearly. It was same for Mary. Farnadis dead because of war but it something couldn't be avoided because it was his duty as a man and a Hero. To protect his beloved one was the biggest purpose he joined the Abyss war. Although Mary prepared her heart for accepting death when war happening, she felt more pain than she thought. It was like her heart stabbed by thousands of swords. Every time she remembered about her husband, it felt like one by one slash of sword rip open her heart, bleed her slowly, and will kill her in the end. If there was no Mana brightened her life then she will become empty and waited for the death as a mean of salvation.

Valery wanted Mana to become happy with his choice and she will support any decision made by her nephew. So Valery gave Mary opinion " Let Mana decided himself and I think it still a long way before Mana become an adult. So big sis don't need to worry it now. Ok, let's end our talk for today. I'm sleepy. Ah, right. could you tell me about Mana birth? If you don't want to tell me, it's fine as well. I'm just little curious by it." Valery wanted to know all about Mana birth because her sister never lying to her so she felt more curious at how Mana could be born. She interested in this but she didn't want to force her sister. Her sister was one who takes care of her and played with her when she still a baby. Equally important, Mary bravery and achievement in Valistor made Valery admire her sister more. Therefore, she loved and respected her sister the most. Mary had unconditional trust from Valery.

Mary nodded and said " Yeah, you right. Ok. Don't worry, sooner or later I will tell you the secret of Mana birth."

Valery walked away from the terrace while Mary was staring at the bright moon. The serene moonlight seems comforted her with its warm light. She put her golden hair over her shoulder to the front, then she looked at some white hair strand on her hair. Mary tightly gripped the red-blood colored necklace on her fair neck. She prayed " Please, give me little more of times. Let me see how he will grow up to become a splendid young man. I want to spoil him more, I want to pour more love to him, I just want to spend more times with my baby.."

When Farnadis gone forever, she was suffering from loss of her husband. Now, there will be times when Mana felt the same pain as her when she left little Mana. She thought of how hurt Mana would be if she followed Farnadis to the afterlife and her heart ached by it. She hated her fate. Her beautiful face was glistening from teardrops that flowed down from her eyes.

0