Have to start somewhere
7 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

~~~ 3 ~~~

Walking down the dark path in between houses, I saw one of the doors open in the distance. I wrinkle my forehead because I knew just exactly whose house that was.

“Morning.” I said when I got close enough for a man to hear me.

“Morning, Donny!” the man exclaimed.

It was none other than Rajesh, my colleague.

“You going to work?”.

“Yeah. And what about you?” I asked when I noticed that he was still in his PJs.

He lit a cig up: “I’m free today.” he told me happily and exhaled a long puff of smoke; “Why are you walking, by the way? Wouldn’t it be easier for you to grab a train? It’s so cold!” he said and hugged himself to emphasise how cold it truly was.

“Erm…” I almost stuttered; “I just felt like I could walk.” I said simply.

After all, why would I have to explain myself to anyone?

“Okay. Well, have a nice day!” he said and I offered him a smile, continuing onward.

As soon as I was behind the corner, I checked my off-brand smart watch, the one I paid only £25 for. I was already at 2 thousand steps in and I was sure to hit over 13 thousand that day, especially if I would have enough energy to walk back home after the long 12-hour shift of mostly being up on my feet.

0