Have to start somewhere
7 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

~~~ 4 ~~~

“Morning, Donny.” Phillip said as he entered the small office, catching me off guard while I was greedily swallowing half-chewed pieces of my only planned meal for the day - an apple.

This was the worst scenario possible, at least for me. I hated when people saw me eating, judging me with their eyes. Eating was hard and challenging enough, I didn’t need people to feel disgusted by looking at me - I felt more than enough disgust toward myself.

I almost choked: “Morning!” I managed, swallowing down the piece and promising myself to chuck the rest of the apple away because I was just disgusting.

“Had a good few days off?” he asked, flashing me with a smile and taking a seat next to me.

“As always.” I said, sneakily hiding the apple below the desk where he wouldn’t be able to see it; “You know that I would pick up more shifts if I could.”.

“I know.” he returned; “How’s uni going?”.

“Good.” I half lied.

“Okay.” he said and picked up the fat file that sat on the desk some space away from him: “You ready?”.

I pulled out my sheet and a notebook: “Jup.”.

He opened the file and started going through a list of the residents of the nursing home, letting me know how each did for the past few days and that night, making sure that I was up to date with everything. After all, a nurse should know everything to ensure that the residents are getting the best treatment possible.

0