Ch-2: Their Back Story
369 0 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When Raven did wake up again he found himself laying in the same spot he died in. Yet this time instead of being met with death, he was met with the land of the living. 

'Odd.' He had somehow survived and was alive and well.

"Was it all a dream then?." He slowly whispered in confusion. Gazing up at what looked to be the ceiling of a cave. "How come I'm not dead?"

"Would you had preferred it, if I didn't save you instead?" A cold yet gentle melodic voice whispered from the left.

"Saved me?" Raven turned his head and was met with a snow white, blue-eyed cat. "You, saved me?"

"I did." The cat nodded.

'So in the end it wasn't a dream.' He had indeed died a dog's death.

Knowing this, he put his right hand over his chest. Distinctively remembering the excruciating pain he felt from there not too long ago. The feeling was imprinted deep within his mind. But what now replaced the pain of a melting heart, was the rhythm of a steady one. Beating powerfully and energetically. As if it was never engulfed in flames in the first place.

Staring deep into the felines eyes Raven spoke once again, tone low as a whisper. "You saved me. How?"

"With a couple drops of my blood."

'Blood. I was saved with the blood of a cat. Nice.' He found his current situation quite funny and very unexpected. "Who are you and where am I?" he asked.

The cat seemed to avoid the first question and only chose to answer the second. "Your in my home."

"This huge, gigantic cave is your home?"

"Yes." The white cat nodded it's prideful head once again.

Blinking, Raven sighed. "I don't think I belong here. One minute I was laying down on my bed reading a novel on my phone, and the next minute I was here. Dying." Turning his gaze away to face the damp ceiling once again, he continued. "Do you know why I'm here, magical cat?"

'Magical cat?' The mysterious being let out an amused reverberating chuckle. The sound deep and smooth as latin silk. 'What a fickled mundane way of thinking.'

Raven smiled enjoying the melodious sound of laughter flowing through his mind. Unable to control himself he spoke the first words that came to his head. "Your voice is the most beautiful thing I've ever heard in my whole entire life."

Once again a grand laughter sounded out within his head. Louder and breathier then the first, prompting Raven to want to here more of it.

'What a strange human.' He thought. 'A strange human indeed.' Anyone in their right mind who knew of his true identity wouldn't dare say such a thing less they lose their life.

The cat looked at the other carefully before getting up and walking away. "Follow me." He uttered softly, in a monotonous voice.

Standing up, Raven followed after the cat. Walking through the caves entrance he stepped outside into snow. His bare feet implanting flat into the freezing white coldness.

Yet Raven didn't feel any cold from it.

Despite standing deep inside 4 inches of snow, that could gift one frost bite. The soles of his feet did not feel the chilling numbness of the cold, but instead felt a comfortable coolness.

He quite enjoyed the feeling of snow mingling within his toes as he took each step forward through the forest.

Following steadily behind the white cat, Raven noticed that it would take sometime before they reached their destination. So he grasped at this chance to sort out the new information that ceased to stop flowing through out his brain.

He had notice earlier but didn't really think much of it at the time as his focus was somewhere else. But when his consciousness slowly returned, there were sudden flickers of pictures beginning to flood his mind. Presenting a life of memories that didn't belong him, but of a male who shared the same name instead.

One who was called Raven Clyde Rosemore. A young noble who was the youngest son of The Duke Rosemore family.

This world that Raven now resided in was far different from the world of the 21st century. It wasn't a place called earth but a place called Aether. A world of pure fantasy, inhabiting beings who were only thought to be fictitious. Elves, beastmen, fairies, and other mystical creatures existing. Governing over their own civilization along with many spacious territories.

There were also humans called Variants that took up 1/3 of the population. Humans gifted with unique powerful abilities. That ranged within 6 main categories, Magicians, Elementalist, Alchemist, Healer, Priest, and Swordman. Raven's family excluding himself belonged to the category of Swordmasters. They possessed frightening abilities, falling within the top 5 families of swordman within the continent.

Consisting of the Gallagher family, the Burke family, the Moore family. And the last two families who were the strongest and are par with one another, were the Rosemore family and the Quinn family. Each Aristocratic family were pure noble blooded Variants that resided within Orrin Kingdom.

And Raven who was related to the Rosemore family, being a direct descendent. Was born with a weak physique that resulted in him baring zero attributes for swordsmanship. Singling him out from every talented member in his family.

While everyone's mana circle around his age stood at 4 and above. Raven who was 18 years old this year only had 1 mana circle, that continued to stagnate at only one circle. Preventing him from getting any stronger then he already was. Which was no stronger then an average human.

Raven winced in bitterness. Just his luck, he had to inhabit a body if being honest, was completely useless in this world. Raven who also came from a rich family, knew this very well.

Back on earth he belonged to the third rich generation. Born from a powerful CEO he had lived a life of luxury. Doing whatever he wanted when ever he wanted. Drinking and partying with friends to being a daredevil of mischief that flirted with death. Unlike his older sister and older twin brothers he didn't have any interest in the so called family business.

Fighting his siblings to inherit his great grandfather's business was the last thing on his mind. The Business world was a dangerous place, something he would never forget and always remember since his mothers death. He didn't want to be near all those people who constantly schemed and plotted every else's down falls but theirs

Besides, he enjoyed his carefree life.

Being tied down by no rules of any kind. He lived his life freely as he could. Participating in dangerous sports, sleeping with 1 beauty after the other, and just having fun. Even if that ment staining his father's reputation for having a degenerate for a son. He had 3 other children anyway, what difference would it make in having one rotten apple within the bunch.

Or so he thought, not that anyone in the family would dare agree with him. He was the black sheep of the family after all.

When Raven suddenly transmigrated over to Raven Rosemore's body, the youth was dying. Why?

Simple. Raven, feeling self conscious about himself had finally decided that he would get strong and prove that those who constantly ridiculed him, was wrong.

And so ventured out his home unannounced into the dark forbidden forest of the unknown. Baring in mind the conversation he had overheard once at a Tavern. About a powerful mystical ancient beast, residing deep within the hot caves of the southern forest. A creature that had the power to grant one a gift. Any gift they wanted. Rather it be riches, beauty, beauties, or an ability. The creature would grant it. That was, if you didn't get killed by it first. But never the less such thing was only a myth. A mere story, spoken about once every now and then.

A story that not everyone dared to believe but Raven Rosemore on the other hand, did.

Raven couldn't help rolling his eyes in slight anger. 'This kid risked his life to get stronger only to die, because he over heard a story at a fucking bar. A fucking bar!'  He was beyond annoyed at finding this out. Because of the others reckless actions, he had to experience a very painful death. When he didn't have to.

To simply put, the dark forest was called forbidden and unknown for a 'reason'. There were beasts of all kind, heard of and unheard of living within the land of the unknown. And Raven Rosemore who was below a level 1 swordsman with a mana circle was no match against any of them. Resulting in a fight of the death against a Marlon beast, who had the body of a wolf but the tail of a lion. A weak level 2 beast but strong enough to kill Raven whose strength was equal to a regular human.

You see. He had no chance in surviving. Feeling death approach, Raven circled every little bit of mana in his body and used it to run away. Entering deep into a dark cave with bleeding wounds before finally collapsing from exhaustion, low blood, and depleted mana. That's why present Raven had felt an excruciating pain from his head and heart when he entered the body. He died mainly from the over use of mana.

In a way, Raven could understand the others decision to get stronger but that didn't mean he would forgive him for causing him to experience a dog's death.

But in the end what use would there be to still stay mad. He was now alive and well and the other was probably in a better place where he no longer had to suffer with self hatred constantly eating away at him.

It was a nice end for both people.

And Raven who was the owner of this new body, would now also, live this life to fullest once again. Living day by day the way he wanted as best as he could.

14