Ch-3: His True Form
319 0 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Snow began to fall as both human and animal reached their destination. Raven looked up toward the midnight sky and closed his eyes, bathing in the beautiful moonlight. The air blowing coldly against his skin. But just like before the cold didn't bother him.

A snowflake gently falling on his nose then quickly melting away, repeated one after the other as snow fell from the sky.

Their destination was a lake. A lake that surprisingly wasn't frozen solid from the cold weather. Walking to the edge of the lake, Raven took a peek at his reflection, and his eyes widen in shock. Taking a quick glance at the cat, as to say 'why didn't you tell me I looked like this?'

But to Raven's dismay the white cat didn't reply and only looked at him as if it didn't understand what he was trying to confer.

Which was fine as he didn't expect an response anyway. There was nothing he could do about his ripped, tethered clothing that couldn't be salvaged for any use.

He shrugged lightly not letting it get to him and took another peek at his reflection. And once again he was astonished at his appearance. From beginning to the end he had not paid a single attention to his long wavy hair that was the color of a Raven's feather, befitting of his name.

Bits and pieces of snow decorating  the top of his head like a jade crown. Though his reflection wasn't as clear as he wanted it to be, do to the unending ripples moving throughout the water. He did manage to see his skin that was a ghostly pale white, along with a pair of undeniably strange icy ocean eyes. With pupils almost in the shape of an oval.

Raven was instantly caught of guard. In his memory the original owner was born with eyes the color of gold. But here, at present they were a dark blue. The same color and almost shape as the mysterious white cat beside him.

'It can't be, can it?'

He looked back at the cat that continued to stare at him quietly.

'Was the myth actually true in the end. And that this cat was the so called ancient beast that granted one a wish?'

"Who are you?" Raven questioned, his curiosity now peaked.

The cat jumped easily with his hind legs onto a nearby large rock that towered over the lake. He glanced down at Raven and simply answered. "A beast."

"What kind of beast?"

"It doesn't matter, I have many forms." Just right after he said that his body became shrouded in black smoke. His cat form morphing into a bigger and powerful animal. Only his clear predatorial eyes could be seen through the pitch black fog. And it was then that a sliver patterned paw had stood out, followed by the rest of it's body. Revealing a dangerous snow white tiger.

It jumped down off from the rock and approached Raven in a stalking manner, letting out a few threatening growls.

"Still curious?" he asked half heartedly as he could clearly see Raven's expression that was even more excited then before.

With his eyes and mouth wide open, presenting a shocked expression. Raven quickly nodded. "Very."

"Hmmm." The unknown being hummed a tone filled with amusement as it crept a step closer. "Is that so?"

"Yes." Raven smiled happily squatting down to meat the animals eye sight. Both of their beings, being reflected in each other's gaze. Causing both to stare at each other for a long time in silence. Both their thoughts and hearts hidden from one another.

"Human. What is your name?"

"Raven Lee. And yours?"

"Mines?" He chuckled fondly. "Is such a human worthy of my name."

"Well," Raven thought. "when you put it like that I guess not. But wouldn't it be better for me to call you by your name then to just address you as a cat or" He gestured to the others current form. "a tiger."

"Worry not." said the mysterious being gently. "My name is Lucienne."

"Lucienne." Raven repeated with ease letting the name roll of his tongue. He quite liked that name a lot. Lucienne. It had a nice ring to it. "It's a wonderful name." He admitted honestly.

But what he didn't know was that Lucienne was a name known as a myth to those alive. But known as a forbidden word to his foes, who now laid pilled up on top of one another on a bloody unending mountain of bodies, within the underworld.

His name said by the Orrin Kingdom to be a curse in it's self. Delivering misfortune and death and death too many. His name was an omen, far from being anything wonderful.

Therefore Lucienne had noticed this early on, that Raven had no keen perception of danger. Absolutely none. He was unable to notice that the very being in front of him could easily end his life as he knew it, without batting an eye. Many magical and mystical beasts in the vicinity could distinctively feel the dangerous pressure emitting from his body. Even if they were miles away. They could feel his frightening killing intent that warned all, that if they approached his territory, only death would be granted.

The Beast's weren't idiots. Their instincts were very sharp. They knew just exactly what type of beast lived within the Caves of lava.

Yet it was quite ironic that Raven couldn't see it. The same being that saved him could at anytime kill him.

It was something Lucienne had never seen before.

Raven continued to speak his mind freely. "The ability to morph into other animals is great an all. But I wanna see your real form. What type of beast are you truly?"

Lucienne paused before answering. His voice low and magnetic. "If I show you, you'll be terribly frightened."

"Eh." Raven revealed an absent minded expression. As his mind had shortly circuited. He had said it before, Lucienne voice was really nice to hear. Though it was a tone that was distant and cold. It was very charming and alluring, giving off an mysterious aura that surrounded it.

It made him like this creature even more. He would make a great friend to have.

"Who said I'd be frighten by your true form. I'll have you know I am not easily scared."

"No." Lucienne agreed before turning away from him. "You, are not." He walked off over toward a thin pathway blocked by thick inches of snow. Glancing back he stated with warning. "I'll be back and while I'm gone try entering the lake human."

Before Raven could respond it disappeared into the deep forest. Leaving him alone by the large lake to finn for himself.

"So much for a heads up."

17