Ch-8: Not This Sh*t Again!
226 2 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

His brother had showed up. But for what?

Taking a couple of steps out of the bushy trees, Raven took in the familiar surroundings. Glancing left and right he notice that there were at least over one hundred men here with faces he knew all too well. They were all men from his second brothers battalion. 

'Were they subjugating monsters here?'

He was a bit startled and confused. Why were these people here. They couldn't be here for him right?

Looking at his little brothers unwelcomed and unguarded expression, Damon frowned. There was something deeply different about this brother of his. 

For starters he was alive. Alive, well, and unharmed. With not a tiny scratch on him. Though he was a was level 1 Swordman, he had survived in the Forbidden Forest Of The Unknown. A place where even a Swordmaster at even his level and above could lose their life. So how was it that Raven his no talented brother not only remained alive for almost four weeks in this place but also had multiple break throughs. 

Narrowing his eyes and carefully examining from head to toe. Damon could feel the mana around him constantly being swallowed up by a powerful suction that gravitated to Raven. His brother who was once a level 1 but now a level 5 swordsman was unconsciously taking in large amounts of mana with no end.

'Did he encounter a god like chance of fortune?'

His bearings changed and his looks....

Raven was not only his little brother but his half brother. Same father different mother. Taking in features of hazel amber eyes from his father and dark brown hair from the mother. But what now replaced those features were pitch black silk strands of hair, paler skin, and striking cerulean-blue eyes. With pupils that were almost vertical like a serpents. 

"Eh, you've changed."

'He might be able to change father's mind about him.'

Before Raven could respond Damon grabbed him by his gown and dragged him away with little to no effort as if he weighed nothing. Resulting in him stumbling over his own feet as his legs forcibly walked fast. As Damon pulled him along he could hear voices from all around him.

[Since the Lieutenant Colonel brother is found. We can now spend our time doing something of real importance.]

[He'll soon bring dishonor onto the Rosemore's.]

Raven whipped his head in the direction of those voices but found no one talking. 'Huh?'

[Look at him. Such a disgrace.]

[Are they sure he's related to them. Then again he is the son of a whore; a filthy half breed.]

Glancing around for the source of these insults he could only see the soldiers staring at him with cruel eyes but their mouths shut.

[Look at him. He's weak. He'll do nothing but drag us down.]

[He's undeserving of being the lieutenant colonel brother. Such a useless waste.]

[His eye's are weird.]

Jerking to a stop, Raven pulled his hand out of Damon's grip. Looking around vigilantly he searched everyone carefully and once again saw wary gazes yet no one was talking. But one after the other unwanted voices entered his head with opinions he could care less about. Crowding his mind with insults of his very being.

Seeing his brother stop abruptly, Damon reached for Ravens arm his fingers lightly brushing against the others skin. Causing a dizzy affect that overwhelm Raven, his mind suddenly prickling with thousands of needles. Strange pictures began entering his head. Viewing a whole conversation he had never heard before. 

["Father..."]

["Father... the search team failed."]

["It is to be expected. That's why this time, you'll be leading the search instead."]

["...your brother was spotted going into the forbidden forest of unknown."]

["If he went in there then he's as good as dead... We should call it quits-."]

["Even if he's dead, for the family, bring back his corpse. Do you understand."]

["Leave it to me. I will surely bring him back."]

The pain was excruciating, pulling his consciousness into the dark. Emotions and memories that weren't his continued to invade his mind even as he felt himself going completely unconscious. 'Not this shit again.'

Damon's left brow rose up awkwardly as his brother fell lifelessly into his chest. "Raven?"he called.

No one replied.

"Raven." He called again. His voice a bit louder and harsh. But only silence returned.

Was he wrong in the end. Was Raven not unscathed as he looked and instead suffered from internal injuries?

Gently placing his hand on the back of him he carefully entered his mana causing his stern eyebrows to draw in. Once again he entered his mana and his expression became wary. Trying again for the last time he encountered the same result. 

Nothing.

Just as his mana enter it was sucked away quickly and if he kept his hand there any further his mana would be sucked away.

'Hmm... How inconvenient.' 

Therefore prompting him to use the old fashion method.

Checking the pulse he found a steady heart beat resulting in a soft sigh of relief. 'He's still alive, just passed out.' 

Bending down he kindly pick up Raven brindle style letting a hand ful of his brothers hair fall down over his arm like an smooth river of darkness. Glancing at all his soldiers he announced loudly. "Signal the others, the search is now over. We will now be returning back to the Rosemore's residence."

Leading his group forward, he walked ahead. And not long after Eugene walked up next to Damon his eyes fixated on the youth in his friends arms. "Your brother, he's not as I remember." Taking in Ravens peaceful expression each feature graceful and soft, he continued. "Dare I say, exotic."

"Stop staring before I rip your eyes out." Damon warned through gritted teeth. Shooting him a death glare that told him to tread carefully. No inappropriate thoughts shall be directed towards his little brother. Even if he was an untalented waste. He was still a child of Theodore Vile Rosemore.

To this, Eugene only smiled keeping a steady pace while he walked next to Damon.

13