Ch-9: Eye Of Domination
229 1 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Covered in a gentle glow of sunlight was the inside of a small but spacious wagon. That held a youth whose mind was in a deep slumber. Long dark strands of hair scattered outward onto white large tasseled-silk pillows. Giving a slight illusion of black rivers moving along snow. The black gown against the younger matched his hair but was a great contrast against his flawless pale skin and cloud white bedding sheets. The tempting sight of his heart shaped lips and serene expression while his chest slowly rose and fell gave off a forbidden desire to concur. Yet to ones dismay this peaceful scene didn't last long. 

"Wake up." A soft, low-mellowed voice entered the mind like a single drop that caused a forever ripple through still water. And like magic the command woke Raven right up, jerking him directly out of sleep.

He shot up from the bed into a sitting position, gasping for breath as if he was a fish out of water.

'What the fuck!'

Just for a second he thought his brother had wanted to kill him and that he would once again be experiencing a painful death. But it wasn't as he thought.

'Just what in the hell was that?'

"Me."

Sitting right beside him was Lucienne who was in a form of a white cat. His eyes were as usual, covered in an unreadable fog that hid away his trues thoughts.

"Lucienne." Raven called anxiously. "It was painful. It felt like my head was being stabbed. Why was I seeing and hearing thoughts and memories that weren't mine. How can I read minds. Lucienne.-"

"Take a deep breath and regulate yourself."

Closing his eyes and taking a deep breath in then exhaling, Raven slowly calmed down his thoughts and looked at Lucienne with eyes ready for answers.

Seeing him calm, he began explaining. "I never thought this would happen." He himself was also shocked. "My blood carries special properties that can increase a human's strength tenfold but never grant an ability unless one cuts out my heart. Yet, when you were healed with my blood you took on one of my prowess. The Eye Of Domination. Hence your sudden change of eye color."

"Eye of Domination?"

"Yes." Lucienne nodded. "Millennia's ago it was known as the eye of truth. You could see into the hearts of all living beings. Animals, people, beast, and plants alike. Hear their thoughts, see their memories, and experience their emotions."

"Ah." That would explain the voices he heard from the battalion and the memories he saw from his brother. "But why was the name changed to domination?"

"That was always it's name. Humans only knew one part of it. Seeing the truth wasn't just all it was capable of doing. In whole, you weren't just able to see the truth of all hearts, but one could also dominate it. Controlling the mind, body and soul."

"If the full truth of The Eye Of Domination got out. It would become far too dangerous."

"Even without the the full truth, that power had already been claimed as far too dangerous and forbidden. Beginning a holy war that started many centuries ago. No one wanted to live in a world with no secrets so they hunted my kind down and did what they could. To prevent any man or beast from knowing about their sinful lifes. My kind went from their Savior to their Enemy."

Raven's heartache hearing those words come from the one he considered as a friend. Humans were indeed cruel and selfish. But they were also caring and compassionate. "I can't even imagine what they did. But I'm sure they got just what they deserved. Right?"

"Right." Lucienne narrowed his eyes, thinking back on the ironic memory. "I Killed them and slaughtered 5 of their entire generations without a thought. Then I went on a mindless rampage of anger. Resulting in me wiping out an Empire of 2.5 million, human civilians."

'2.5 million civilians!'

Raven's eye's widen in shock. "You wiped out an entire Empire, how?"

"Magic."

"What magic? Can I learn it?" Raven's eyes were now shining with excitement. "Just how powerful are you?"

"You wanna learn how to slaughter millions of people. Where's your heart?"

"Heart?" He laughed. "I do have principles but I'm not a saint. I don't know those people so I don't care about them. But I do know about you." 

Lucienne looked into a pair clear blue eyes that didn't hold an ounce of fear or maliciousness. As if the way he viewed the world was just that.

'Interesting.'

Raven was different then the humans and beast he knew. It seemed that not all beings were the same. A millennium did pass, but would it be enough for change?

No. It wouldn't.

Humans could evolve but deep down their nature was unchangeable.

Lucienne sighed. It was exhausting just thinking about it. So he'll watch over him for a little bit longer. 

Leaping down from the bed he vanished, leaving abruptly without a single warning. Leaving Raven bewildered.

'Wasnt we having a conversation just now? Why did he suddenly leave?' "Hey!-"

"My dear little brother, you appear to be doing well."

Startled, Raven slightly jerked his head around towards the door. Leisurely entering the wagon was his older brother who was newly dressed in noble clothing. He walked over with long strides and sat on a chair by the bed, his gaze cold but welcoming. 

"Father.." Damon started. "Has been informed of your return."

Based on the memories he had seen. His father had called a search for him. His father who could care less about his well being wanted him to be found by all means necessary. 'Why?'

"When you get home I'm sure you're aware that there will be a lot of questioning."

Raven nodded. Of course he knew. The reason for his disappearance needed to be answered. "I'm well aware."

"Honestly speaking here. No one had any hopes of you being alive."

'Wow. Did this family hate the original so much that death would've been a better choice for him? What an ass of a family.' 

"Second brother, I may be of no use in to Rosemore household but in the end, naturally so I am a swordsman. Even if I'm an 'untalented' one."

Damon gave out a hearty laugh seeing his little brother talk back to him. 'Oh what a change.'

"Untalented? That I'm no longer sure of and neither is father." Standing up he advised Raven half heartedly to. "Get some rest. You'll be dealing with a lot very soon. Wouldn't want you passing out on us again." He teased before leaving the wagon to join the others.

10