Ch-11: Wife?
299 3 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Sitting down across the table from his brother, Raven watched with half litted eyes as the wagon entered the capital of Orrin kingdom, Oracle City.

It was prosperous and thriving with their unique utilization of mana technology. The city was flourishing and colorful a little bit too colorful for Raven taste. But what could he do?

As the carriage made it's way through the crowds of people toward the Rosemore manor, Raven couldn't help noticing the weird gazes directed towards them. Some had the looks of pity, some hurried to make way for them, some whispered insults, others shouted it, some had respectful and worshipping gazes. This last one, Raven was sure was only directed to his older brother.

But it didn't bother him in the least. He was used to such things in his past life. People continued to look down on him while they always praised his siblings.

A normal person would be tired of it all and would want to change the their views of them. But Raven? He could honestly care less. There was nothing wrong with him, he knew this. So there was nothing to prove to these ignorant, narrow minded things called people.

Such hypocritical behavior was beyond him.

"Close the curtains. Those people aren't worth much to look at." Damon spoke matter-of- factly, his amber eyes glued to the book in his hand as he sipped tea with the other. Like father said they were nothing but sitting ducks following their mother hen. They weren't worth worrying over.

Raven glanced at his brother, the right ends of his lips rising up into a smirk. "Why aren't they worth looking at. Amongst my crowd of haters lie your potential suitors. Shouldn't I care about who'll become your wife in the future."

His second brother would soon be 26 years old this year and still had yet to find a lover.

"Wife?" Damon paused his movements, showing a slight frown on his handsome face. "I have no time for such a thing. Like the other fair men and women they'll have to continue to wait in line." With eyes of bitter annoyance he looked up at the window. "I don't like to repeat myself. Their loudness is disrupting my reading."

"Alright." Raven closed the clear white curtains and joined his brother in the passing time of drinking tea and reading.

After a couple of hours, the clicking of numerous hooves sounded as the search team and two carriages entered the stoned courtyard of the Rosemore estate. Servants rushed back and forth, wearing elegantly styled uniforms while busying themselves under orders. The knights were led to a different pathway towards the east of the manor while the two carriages rode up the main entrance, arriving in a wide circular entrance courtyard with two beautiful stoned fountains in a form of swords.

A few servants and guards waited by the door entrance of the mansion, patiently waiting for their young master's to arrive.

And they did as both carriages finally pulled to an abrupt halt in front of the awaiting crowd of workers.

Slowly the door of the first carriage opened and a head full of crimson hair stuck out, stepping down off the carriage first was Damon's tall elegant figure. Then following suit were a pair of pale slender fingers that held onto Damon's hand.  Climbing down the steps of the carriage with Damon's help was a youth that had long wavy hair the color of midnight with eyes blue as sapphire crystals. Earning a couple of gasps and inner thoughts from the surrounding audience.

Which Raven ignored as his gaze slowly swept over his family's mansion.

Right after, the second carriage opened revealing the young master of the Anderson house, Eugene  Anderson.

Stretching his limbs he yawned tiredly before joining the other two by the entrance.

"Welcome back 3rd young master." The soldiers saluted and the servants bowed towards their superior.

Damon gave a light nod in acknowledgement.

"Welcome back home young master." Raven also gave them a nod as he looked towards the man standing next to him.

Catching the other's gaze, Eugene responded with a small smile. His green emerald eyes twinkled in an overly friendly manner. Causing Raven to form an unpleasant frown in return.

[Beautiful.]

Hearing Eugene's thoughts he inwardly rolled his eyes, turning his gaze far away.

"Where's my father?" Damon asked one of the house main guards.

The soldier bowed respectfully and answered. "The Patriarch isn't here at the moment."

"Where has my father gone?"

"Yesterday afternoon the Patriarch went to go visit the king."

"And mother?"

"The madam as usual at this time should be in the left wings garden."

Damon nodded then gestured towards Eugene. "You, come with me. And Raven..." he looked towards the servants. "I'll soon return but before that settle in and get some rest. Father won't be be back for a while."

Knowing his father's and the kings close partnership/friendship. It'll be sometime before their father comes back.

Speaking his last words both Damon and Eugene headed west of the estate, leaving Raven to himself.

~•~•~•~•~•~•

Dark blue eyes dipped in tranquility and mystery, looked at a window that held a beautiful young man in a pure white gown that sat quietly reading a book. A smile graced the young man's lips as he felt a familiar presents.

"Did I ever tell you that I like cat's."

An enchanting voice responded monotonously. "No. You did not."

"Well I do. I had a cat when I was little given to me by my mother for my 5th birthday. Haru was it's name. She didn't listen to me no matter what I said. I couldn't teach her tricks, she attacked me everyday, scowled and hissed. She would constantly hide under my bed for hours upon hours only to come out for food. And this behavior would go on for months and months to come. Eventually I thought that was it, 'this cat hates my guts' for the longest time I didn't know why until I asked my mother. The day before she died." Raven looked up from his book and stared at the white cat in front of him.

"Haru was abandoned by her last family who would constantly starve her and abuse her. Leaving her in unlivable conditions. All because she was a half breed and wouldn't sell good enough."

"...."

Chuckling bitterly he continued. "Life treated her shitty from birth and she had no control of it. So she did what she did to survive and I never gave up on her either. And so years down the line we became each other's family..... So I say that to say this." Closing the book and putting it to the side he gazed at Lucienne with unyielding eyes.

"No matter who I meet from now on you will always be the most important to me. You were with me when I came here and I hope you'll be with me when I leave. So..." Raven smiled brightly. "Can you promise me that you'll never leave my side."

Staying by a human till death? That would be a first him. But in the end this wasn't just any human who was asking this of him.

'A long life together with just the two of us?'

Lucienne stared intently at Raven gazing into two pure clear eyes of unconditional acceptance.

"Is this really what you want?"

Nodding with confidence Raven gave a. "Yes."

An odd dark light flickered through Lucienne's eyes  his thoughts deep and hidden as he gave his answer. His tone carrying a bit of warmth. "I promise i'll never leave your side."

'And you'll never leave mine.'

18