Ch-12: Through Heaven And Hell
263 1 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Though what Raven had asked of Lucienne may have been very selfish of him. He himself, did not think so. Or rather he did, and just didn't care. They'd be pals to the end of time as long as he was in this world. It was only fair.

Smiling with contentment Raven reopened his book and continued to read idily.

Lucienne on the other hand prevented himself from rolling his eyes. 'Humans are indeed demanding creatures by nature.'

At the same time on the other side of the manor inside a garden within the left wing sat three nobles around a table. A mother, her son, and a family guess.

This mother, son, and guess was no other but Madam Elina, Damon, and Eugene who seemed to be in a heated discussion that revolved around the youngest.

"Mother for the last time, Raven isn't a threat unless you make him one."

"You said it yourself, not only did his looks change but within almost a month he's leaped from a level 1 Swordman to level 5."

Damon sighed in frustration. "What is the point of this?-"

"The point?" Madam Elina spoke coldly. "The point is that I have not worked my ass for years just so my plans will go down the drain because Theodore's illegitimate son has suddenly developed talent!" With a loud clank she sat down her empty tea cup on the small platter. Pushing her blue hair out the way she exhaled. "Bad enough everyday I have to kiss up to that whore because she's the first wife. I also have to walk around as if my three children are inferior to hers. That fucking bitch!!

"She thinks she's better than me. So what if her son became a Soul Swordmaster before the age of of 35. So fucking what? He still isn't the heir yet. Nothing is set in stone. We're both nobles but she thinks her background is superior then mine. She's lucky I didn't have her killed by now."

Eugene slightly frowned. If the outside world caught word of what she just said imagine the huge controversy from the upper class. Scratch that, the nobles and the commoners would be in an uproar. Public opinion was very huge in present time. Maybe almost a millennium ago no one would care but now? It was different, way different. The voice of citizens both common and noble held importance in democracy. A young noble such as himself who was born from a powerful Democratic family such as the Anderson's definitely knew this and knew danger when he saw it or heard it.

Causing his frown to deepen in ridicule. 'What's wrong with this women? Did she not know that the walls have ears?' No matter how discreet your location was anyone could be listening in. Spy's from within and outside the walls. You couldn't trust anyone.

Even though Damon came prepared and asked of him to set up a sound barrier it was still better to be safe then sorry.

"Madam Elina." Eugene said gently with a smile his eyes full of hidden meanings. " I advise you to be 'careful' with your words. A noble remotely threatening the life of another noble is punishable by law. Do hold your tongue and sensibly think about your next words."

Madam Elina frowned in displeasure not liking Eugene's disguise tone of judgement but in the end she could only nod as he was right. She had her followers within the manner and her children also did too. But she wasn't the only one with loyal subordinates. So she really did need to be careful.

Coughing slightly she wiped her lips with her handkerchief and stared at her son. "I know I may be over reacting but I only want what's best for you, for us."

Damon looked at his mother and said nothing before pushing his chair back and getting up. "Excuse me mother, I'll be taking my leave now. I look forward to seeing you at dinner." He spoke a bit blandly before leaning down and giving her a kiss goodbye.

Signalling towards Eugene they both left in hurried steps.

As they walked back to the main house Damon's mood was a bit sour. This unending family war was useless in his eyes. And his mothers 'secret' planning was even more useless. He had no desire in fighting for the title of Patriarch.

"Your mother is something else you know that." Eugene chuckled. "She never ceases to amaze me."

Damon sighed. "Tell me about it. It's been 26 years and she still hasn't given up."

"Your always welcome to get adopted into my family. I would gladly give a way a brother or two."

"Living in the Anderson's family?" He laughed lightly. "I wouldn't dream of it."

"Well I would. Both you and that beautiful raven of yours would be treated unconditionally with love - OW!"

"What did I tell you. Keep you crummy little hands and thoughts away from my brother."

Rubbing his now throbbing head Eugene threw his hands up in surrender as he smiled cheekily. "It's a joke, I'm joking. Just trying to lighten up the mood that's all."

"You can lighten up the mood in a better way."

"Yeah I could. But I like getting under your skin."

Damon scuffed at this annoying friend of his. His mood was indeed a bit better. "How do you feel about it."

"I have no thoughts on that matter. But what I do know and all you should know is that I'll always be here no matter what choices you make. You wanna become Patriarch I'm with you all the way, you wanna be a lone sword traveler I'll be there with you for the adventures. You wanna take down your siblings because they're an eye sore I'll help. Wanna blow up a mountain I'm there. Wanna slaughter a village I'm also there. Whatever it is..." Eugene explained seriously his emerald eyes serene and determined. "I got your back and I'll only follow you till the end."

Stretching his right hand out Demon balled it into a fist. "Through heaven and hell."

Eugene connected his fist with Damon's. "Through heaven and hell."

13