Ch-13: They Really Don’t Like Me
157 0 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It was midnight the outside sky a vast dark violet that encircled two pure white moons. Covering the back of a youth with light that gently brushed against his skin. Enhancing his beautiful features a little bit more. But like a spot on a clear landscape an obvious frown could be seen on the youths face. His appearance not at all calm and collected. 

Raven for the first time had run into a buttle neck during his meditation. He was constantly unable to manipulate his mana the way he wanted and needed to. The more he tried to concentrate the more he could not. He had been struggling for the past hour and there was still no progress from the time he started to now.

But it wasn't like he didn't understand where all these problems were stemming from.

It was the unceasing voices and emotions, he continuously felt without a pause. He was having a hard time meditating because of it. Since he stepped foot on the front lawn of this mansion he could semi hear it all. It wasn't so much the voices as he had to be within a certain close proximity to hear them. It was more so the distant emotions that would float through the air into his mind. And at times he would either feel it in his heart or if the emotion was strong enough he could glimpse a memory.

For an example the frown he had been displaying earlier was because he had encountered a strong emotion of condescension from a maid that the original owner of the body was familiar with.

It is known in the household that Raven doesn't participate in dinning with his family during breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Therefore when it's time to eat he has his meals personally delivered to his room by his close maid.

Said maid whose name was Mary, harboured negative feelings towards her own master. In the memory he had glimpsed the maid had put rocksalt in his food and gave him dirty water.

Going through a load of memories one had found out that this was a recurring behavior that ceased to end on Raven's part as he never made a complaint about it. Letting the maid comfortable sit in her illusions of being far superior than her master. Even if Raven was a waste and the son of a concubine he still in the end was the son of Theodore and had the Rosemore's blood running through his veins.

He was undoubtedly a descendant of the Rosemore household. He wasn't a part of the 2nd branch but the main family. What right did a low born have in treating a noble as if they were dirt beneath ones feat. This didn't sit right with Raven so he ordered her in a cold non-negotiable voice to leave the food outside his front door and quickly leave after.

He wasn't going to eat such a meal that had been poisoned. But instead use it as evidence for in the morning when he would send for her punishment.

He wanted to see how she would act in the presence of life and death.

Sighing Raven slowly opened his eyes and stood up from the floor and walked over towards his bed, flopping down on it with a bit of force as he laid on his back face upward. There was no use in continuing his meditation as he wouldn't be able to concentrate in the slightest.

"They really don't like me." He easily discerned, with a light laugh. Not only could he see it in their actions, he could deeply feel it.

 

"It's not you they don't like." Leaping onto the soft quilts, Lucienne joined the other on the bed.

 

Raven nodded in understanding. How could he not understand that their annoyance and hatred for him wasn't directed at the present him but the past owner of his body. Who unbeknownst to everyone had long sense been gone.

 

"How do you deal with it, all the voices and emotions?" Even now he could feel many emotions both negative and positive surrounding him like a plague of unending diseases. It was loud and threatening. He wanted to shut it all out.

 

"I turn it off."

"Completely?" Raven left brow gently arched upward. "How?"

Lucienne carefully looked at the other pausing slightly. "I simply just block out what I want and don't won't to hear nor feal. If not, even a being at my level can be mentally overwhelmed."

 

"Can't I do that then?" If so how would he go about it.

 

"With a long time of practice. Yes."

 

"So it means I have to deal with these noises forever."

 

"..."  

'That's surely not what I said.'

 

Raven sighed exasperatedly at Lucienne's empty answer. If this was true his future days would soon be very tiring to say the least. "How am I supposed to get any sleep around here. At this rate the way things are going my peaceful days are truly going to be over."

 

Gazing thoughtfully at the young youth Lucienne spoke again, his voice obscure but clear. "Close your eyes."

 

Raven eyebrows wrinkled in confusion. "Close my eyes? This environment isn't right for sleeping. It's too damn noisy-"

 

"Quietly. Close your eyes." Lucienne commanded.

 

Raven slightly hesitated as he was still a bit confused but in the end he followed Lucienne's order. Quickly he quieted down and closed his eyes.

 

'Is he going to help me sleep?' Unconsciously his peach lips formed into a smile. Unknowingly for him, he had come to be dependent on this peculiar beast who was always there helping him. Even when he didn't ask. He really liked this strangely new but pleasant feeling of being cared for.

 

Right after he shut his eyes, he could feel the air around him shift coldly. A strong presence had suddenly appeared, it's aura cutting down on everything in the room beside him. But Raven could feel it. The drastic changes of mana within the space of his room.

 

'Just what was happening?'

 

It was then that a deafening cold silence surrounded him.

 

"Lucienne..." He called out curiously as he wanted to see what was happening around him.

 

Yet before he could open his eyes a warm smooth hand, careful covered his sight. A familiar voice that he knew all too well was heard. As it clearly entered his ears instead of his head. "Keep them closed."

 

Raven couldn't help becoming startled as he quickly understood the present situation. Lucienne had transformed into a human. He could feel his emotions bubble up within him. He was happy at the realization but then depressed about it. He wasn't able to see it, his friend's human form. He couldn't catch a small glimpse of anything through the fingers that covered his eyes.

 

He clicked his tongue in regret while thinking thoughtlessly. 'Truly, what a waste.'

 

Lucienne made a witness to this all, silently shook his head, his silver-moon like hair falling over his shoulder like satin silk. He didn't need a mind reading ability to tell what the other was thinking. Raven was almost practically an open book. He knew exactly the thoughts that were running through that little mind of his.

 

'What am I to do?' Lucienne formed small smile as he softly brushed a couple of dark strands away, giving himself full excess to the forehead.

He spoke lowly. "Focus on my touch and try visualizing a stream of water moving towards the center of my palm."

 

With out questioning this time, Raven followed his order. Focusing on the heat of the others hand he carefully guided bits and pieces of his mind into Lucienne.

 

"Your unconsciousness is shedding off the emotions that you no longer want to feel, see, nor hear by passing those experiences onto me. As you aren't yet capable of blocking out certain noises this way can be temporarily used in place for sorting out the wanted and the unwanted."

 

"But wouldn't that overload your mind?" Raven anxiously asked. He didn't want to burden him with his problems.

 

Lucienne didn't know if he should laugh or cry. Raven was once again worried about the wrong thing. 

Overload my mind? With his capabilities, there was no such thing.

 

"Don't think too much and just sleep." Lucienne commanded softly. And at that moment like a spell he felt a drowsiness wash over him. The comfortable feeling of silence was exceptionally pleasing. Quietly he had fell asleep under Lucienne's careful touch. Soft and quiet breaths full of resting could only be heard. Signaling to Lucienne that the procedure was done.

 

Feeling the squishy soft skin under his long fingertips he absent mindedly traced Raven's futures, finding a couple of tiny moles present under the right eyelid, right side lower lip and a double one in the very middle of the neck and collarbone. Four beautiful light moles decorated the pale skin on one side downward, in almost a straight line.

 

Carefully he brushed his thumb over Raven's feeble neck, gently touching the twin moles with a slight aggressiveness.

Using the most tiniest bit of strength he could snap his neck into two. 

The younger was completely unguarded against him just because he saved his life. Never once did the other ask why he choice to save him. He just excepted and blindly followed after. 

Obediently listening to whatever he said and even decide to make a life decision that unknowingly by magic was a word bonding oath. That chained each other together until one or both died. But there was a kicker to that. The oath was made by the weaker one of the two, therefore his bond can be said to be null in void as supposed to if it was the other way around and Lucienne had made the bond instead.

 

A dark probing light flashed through his vertical orbs. 

This whole situation was new and fascinating to him. 

Meeting a reincarnated soul that didn't belong to this world. Bringing back the dead for a measley human. Accidentally sharing his inhumane abilities with said human. Then helping them from time to time and in the end making a life pack.

A devilish smirk formed on his lips. He was now truly intrigued.

9