Chapter 5- A Night Apart
353 2 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It was an odd sensation. One body was in bliss taking a hot shower the other hurting all over. I push myself up off the ground and did a damage assessment. Head hurting but not split in half, Arms and legs intact, chest... "AHA!"  "GAA!" Ribs at least one broken. Also, one sore butt, the waves of pain that came from touching my broken ribs, caused me to slip as I was getting out of the shower.

Someone must have heard me go "GAA!" because there was a knock at the door. 

"Ms. are you alright?"

"Ah, yeah I'm fine." Just a little clumsy.

Wait a minute. Why is there someone in my room?  I didn't recognize the voice. A maid? Oh, well back to my male half.

Standing at the edge of the river surveying my surroundings. No, lakes edge. I was looking at a lake, this must be where the river dumps into. I could even see where the water was coming in on the other side. By the forest. 

The forest, good to know that creepy place is still here. Did the river seriously, cut straight through there? Now I felt extra lucky that my male half was alive.

Looking around further there was another dirt road and down it a town. "Oh, good. And just where were you earlier?" Could have used the shelter before slavers found me. A good 15 minute walk. Maybe? Alright, no time to lose. My male body began walking. My female body was done drying off, and coming out of the shower.

I poked my head out, checking for that maid that I heard earlier. Nobody. Walking out I reached for my clothes. Gone. "Hu?"  So that's what the maid was doing. Stealing from me. Really? Why? Just when I thought I could trust these people. Sure they were dirty but they're the only things I have. And now they're gone, and I'm back to being pissed off.

The door opened. The maid came in. "Oh, Ms. your out sooner than I expected."

She had returned to the scene of the crime. Yes, it was her I recognized her voice. But why come back? Was something else going on here? My rage turned to confusion, I asked, "So were my clothes?" 

"I have them here Ms." She does? I don't see them. "Here, this is for sleeping in," She put a nightgown on the bed. "These are for the morning." She then put something down in the empty walk-in closet. "And of course underwear. We weren't sure about your bust size so I brought you multiple Buststraps for you that should be around your size, so tell me what fits and I'll bring more."

Oh, she brought me clothes. That was nice of her. She didn't answer my question though. "Yeah, ok, but were are MY clothes?"

"Hu? Oh, those have been taken for cleaning. You'll get them back sometime tomorrow." 

"I see." Wow did feel stupid, I thought this lady had stolen my stuff. She didn't need to know that. "Thank you." 

"Just doing my job. Would you like some help?" 

"With?"

"The Buststrap."

"Ok?"

Meanwhile...

CLIP CLOP CLIP CLOP

Is that the sound of horses?

The sound was coming from behind me. So I turned around, praying to whoever that I wasn't about to be tied to a horse and dragged off to a slaver camp.

There were two of them. Both wore the same armor, and although I couldn't see their faces all that well with their helmets on, one of them had a mustache, while the other was clean-shaven. There was still some light out, yet they had lanterns lit, hanging from poles attached to their saddles, bending under the weight the lanterns hung down just behind their horse's ear.

They spotted my battered, tattered, and barefooted form standing in the road, my arm wrapped around my ribs, and set their horse into a trot.

"This one fits the best I think," I said to the 

"Are you sure Ms."

"I am." I was true and just in time.

"I shall take my leave then. Goodnight Ms." She took the Buststraps that didn't fit and left

"Goodnight." I sat down hard on the bed. I didn't know how much longer I could hold a calm face in front of that maid, as these two...

...Stopped in front of me. "Good evening citizen! It would appear that you've seen better days." Said mustache.

"I guess."

The two locked eyes, speaking something unspoken. "Do have your ID on you."

ID? What's that? "I don't know."

Mustache looked over at clean shave and nodded. Clean shave then go off his horse and walked my way. I instinctively backed up. Only to be grabbed, and my pockets searched. "Nothing Sir." 

"Really," Mustache pursed his lips in thought," were you robbed son?"

"Yeah." If you count my dignity after the virginity check, then having my ass hung out to be gawked at. Which I did!

"I believe it Constable." Constable? Is that a name? "I'm seeing some blood mated to his hair." 

Constable gazed down at my arm protecting my chest, "Hmm, how your ribs boy?" He asks me. 

"I think ones broke."

"I see, and what's you, name boy?" 

Not this again! 

"I don't know," I said slightly annoyed.

"Oh! What's the last thing you remember?"

"Some asshole trying to kill me, and a rock." Well at least with this half of me anyway. 

"Corporal," Corporal? That's not a name it a rank. Right? The smallest things confuse me sometimes. "Saddle him with you, we'll take him back with us." Constable gave the order and Corporal responded without hesitation. 

"Yes, Sir!" Corporal gently nudged me in the direction of his horse. "Come on you'll be riding with me." 

"Wait, you want me to do you what?" 

The corporal just guided me to his horse. "Come on I'll help you up." He cupped his hands offering it to my barefoot. "Well come on." After some hesitation, I got onto the horse. Corporal took his place in front. "Alright hang on tight."

"Where?"

"My shoulders will be fine."

And off to the town, I went. 

Both bodies let out a very heavy sigh. Finally able to relax a little I, was finally able to finish getting dressed. The underwear was easy enough. I wasn't sure if this was the right way of doing this, but I put the nightgown like you would a shirt. Not an easy feat when the thing is at least ankle length.

Swish, Swish. "Hm." I don't didn't know I felt about all this cloth swinging from my hip. I guess I'll get used to it. The only other clothes I have to compare are sweatpants. I looked myself over in the mirror. It had short sleeves, was very white, and very frilly. I scrunched my face at it. "Hm." I didn't hate it. I didn't love it either. 

Done looking myself over I placed myself under the covers of the bed. I couldn't go to sleep I realized. The problem was that there was no way my female half could go to sleep before the male half. It didn't really work like that, or at least I don't think it does. Never tried. Don't really want to.

Only unless someone whacked me over the head again would I tolerate that again. The feeling of part of myself just gone, like that. The thought made me shutter. 

"What's wrong?" Asked Corporal 

"What? Nothing." Seriously nothing. 

"Oh, it's just, you kind of shook back there." Oh, that.

"It's nothing."

"Ok." Corporal didn't look convinced. "Well, we're here anyway."

There were no walls around the city it was just open for anyone to wander in. I saw a few men dressed like the ones I was with now. They were wandering the border, lanterns in hand. I assume this was how they made up for no wall. Sadly I couldn't see much of the town, it was dark out now. The sun had gone down a few minutes ago before we got to the town. If I were still trying to walk here. I'd still only be halfway. 

"Alright, boy we're here." Constable brought us to a stop at what was likely the biggest building in the town. Corporal helped me down from the horse. I winced as pain shot up from my ribs. 

"I'm sorry! I should be more careful." Corporal panicked

"No, it's not your fault." It wasn't, it was the act of getting off the horse that caused me pain. Truthfully the whole ride was like that. Every step the animal took was a fresh agony. I didn't complain about it though, their help was a very welcome change from previous encounters. 

"Get him to the infirmary, Corporal."

"Yes, Sir!"

I followed the Corporal through to candlelit building. The whole thing was made of stone brick. Rooms on all sides, metal bars for doors. "What was this place?" 

"Hu? Oh right, your bump on the head. It just a very empty, and unnecessarily large jail."  

Unnecessarily? "Ok?" Before I could ask about that, I found that this place wasn't completely empty.

"Hey, Ronnie! who's the kid!" A muscular, but slim man clung to the bars inside his cell. His head was bald with a tattoo of flames. He grinned at me with really bad teeth, some even missing.

"It none of your business!" Corporal Ronnie shouted. He then addressed me. "Come on."

The man in the cell then grabbed me and pulled me to him. "Rude, walk'in off like that! What you do?" 

WACK!

Corporal Ronnie had pulled out a club that hung beside a pistol and hit the man in the cell. I quickly pulled away from his grasp.

"OW! What was that for?"

"You're getting yours in the morning so behave! A man who rapes a woman on her wedding day doesn't deserve to talk to anyone anyway!" Corporal Ronnie Turned back to me. "Come on."

I quickly and eagerly followed. 

The man shouted after us. "She was mine! He stole her from me! You can't do this to me for taking back what's mine!"

"Ignore him." Corporal Ronnie instructed. I listened.

We made it to the infirmary. It was dark, I couldn't see anything. Then a light appeared. Corporal Ronnie walked over to a sconce on the wall and lit it. It was then I noticed, he wasn't holding the flame on a stick or something no..."Your fingers on fire!" I shouted pointing and wondering where the nearest water source was.

"Hu? This? Well, of course, my attribute is fire so..." He stopped taking notice of how thoroughly confused I was. "Oh, that's right! Now I know you have no memory if a little magic is freaking you out."

"Magic?"

"Yeah, tell you what I'll explain in detail later ok. Maybe even have you evaluated. Learning more about yourself might help with your memory problem."

"Evaluated?"

"Look later ok. Right now I have to go find Mayble, so we can get you fixed up. Just stay here."

"Right."

Alone at last. "Well me what do think of all this?"

"It's all one giant pain in the ass." Female me responded.

"Indeed. Nice talking to you myself."

"A pleasure."

Now that I got that bit of weirdness out of my system. I looked over at the bed. It was small only big enough for one, and had no covers, but was still inviting to someone as exhausted as I was. In a single day I had been rescued, almost killed by my rescuers (one in particular anyway), swept down a river, washed up, and you know what I'm counting that encounter with that prisoner. 

I lied down on the bed. It wasn't cloud-soft like the bed were my female body was. A place? Or Castle? I don't know a Prince (or so he calls himself) was involved somehow. Anyway, the prison bed was still better than the shack bed. 

Both my bodies were in bed now. It felt wrong somehow, I guess I just got used to sleeping with myself shoulder to shoulder.

"Hello." A voice said. I looked up to see an old lady. "I'm Mayble."

"Hello." I tried to get up. "Ow." Ok getting up hurts.

"No just keep still," Mayble said.

"They said you can fix me."

"I've been at this for sixty years kiddo, no way a busted rib or bump on the head going to stump me." She put on a cheesy grin and acted energetically as if the years had nothing on her but wrinkles, this behavior put a genuine smile on my faces for the first time since waking up in that shack. "Now just you relax."

I had a thought. "What about memory?"

she frowned. "Sorry, but my attribute is nature not mind."

"Oh." I had no idea what that meant.

"Now like I said. Just relax." A green glow came from her hand. She put her hand to my chest. I felt warm, after a while I forgot, about my worries and both bodies drifted off to sleep.

 

For anyone wondering I'm trying to stay away from some words that we use IRL like for example truck got turned into hauler, and bra to buststrap. Trying to make this feel like another world you know. Not sure how successful I am at it, but I have to try things otherwise I won't learn. Also, I finished and proofread this at 3 am so be forgiving.

Also, this is my first time wrighting the bodies in two separate locations, which got kind of tricky and reading might be a bit jarring if you have trouble keeping up I appolise and welcome any feedback that might help.

8