Ch 3: how did this all happen?(part two)
168 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Alex

I am a failed writer.

You have no clue how much it pains me to write what i just said above,but life is nothing more then pain and it is what it is.

Ever since i was a child, writing has been my dream and ever since i held a pen, i have been writing.

I even dropped out of school at 15, with the aim of chasing a career in writing. But, despite writing a million novels, i was rejected time and time again. Even worse,i was told that i couldn’t write anything worth a damn. heck, they even said i could barely make a coherent sentence.

So now i am 28, single, penniless, halfway bald, fat, with a beard stretching to my stomach, and with a face so aged by stress that people guess my age to be about 47. Even my john is small.

What’s worse is that the girl that i fell in love with in highschool, and that i am still in love with just announced on insta that she is about to get married to this 6’5, good looking,20 something, millionaire real estate agent.You literally cannot make up how pathetic i am

I dropped out everything for a dream that never was to be. I now understand why you should never put all your eggs on one basket.But there are so many good artists and creative people that you feel like that unless you put in your every waking hour into it that you will never have a single chance at even having a small bit of success. It’s catch 22 type situation. And as all catch 22 situations i lost and i lost bad.

So now i spend my days drinking alone in my room. Maybe one of these days i will try out some drugs. I never did alcohol or drugs before in fear that it might affect my writing, but now that everything has gone to shit, it’s a who gives a fuck situation. Anything to numb the pain...

Wait. Am i seeing things?

---Person sheet number 98343543354r----

Name: Alex beckket

Age:28

Date of birth: xx/xx/xxxx(classified)

Job/class: Failed writer A.K.A unemployed A.K.A neet

For more advanced details click on the arrow>

Am i seeing things? Has my mind gone so insane that it now creates imaginary tablets from outer space who mock me? I never thought my sense of self deprecation would ever turn out this bad,but i guess my depression combined with this fine glass of red wine did the job.

------You have been selected amongst billions of candidates for the prize of being sent to a different world.------

Use this chance wisely.Good LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!

A different world? Like those isekai novels i used to read? I have to be hallucinating. Maybe my neighbour is creating hallucinogenic mushrooms in his bedroom, and that somehow is affecting the air here.Wait, is that even possible? To create that kind of stuff in a bedroom?

And then my mind blacked out.

5