Chapter 6
9 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Supply List:

3.4 kg of Pork (Smoked)

7 Loaves Of Bread

A Dirk

Map Of The Barony

Spare Clothing

Bow+Quiver (7 arrows)

Adventurer Identification (Copper)

6 Silvers, 10 Coppers

Goblin Ears (5)

Feyte opens her eyes before looking around in confusion, she's in what seems to be in a colosseum with a full crowd, she has nothing on her except the clothes on her back, all her supplies, gone.

“We have our next challenger! Feyte! Although someone seems to have forgotten to give her a weapon, someone throw a weapon down for her”

As Feyte worries about what is going on, someone throws a halberd down from the stands, the same one Feyte grabbed before she arrived here.

Feyte catches the Halberd as it's thrown at her, lighter than expected, considering that its made entirely out of metals, but still a bit on the heavier side, Feyte swings the Halberd around a little to check its weight and see what kind of things she can do with it, before nodding satisfied.

“Alright, now that our challenger is ready, may I welcome Waruk! Lord Of The Arena to fight his challenger!”

As the gates on the other side open, a large towering Black Orc roughly 2.5m tall walks out wearing a full Breastplate and a menacing face covered in scars, wielding a Zweihander, as the crowd goes wild with cheers as Waruk lifts his Zweihander over his head with one hand.

As Feyte stares at her opponent, she wonders why she felt as though she had to fight in this battle when she could have tried to argue that she shouldn't be here. It's almost as though she felt compelled to take part in this battle.

As Waruk arrives in the arena he points his sword at Feyte before he starts talking “Fool, another one who wants to fight me, I have been the champion for Years and none have come close to defeating me, you will be just another body for the count”

Feyte looks at Waruk warily with the fact that he seems so confident that he has already won, although maybe he is just confident due to the fact that Feyte seems so young.

Waruk charges at Feyte before Swinging his Zweihander from above in an attempt to crush Feyte. Feyte jumps back before swinging the Halberd at Waruk who Parries the Halberd before moving to swing again, Feyte jumps back before Waruk’s swing connects and Thrusts the Halberd at Waruk in an attempt to stab him.

Waruk attempts to dodge the blow but it still goes into his arm, going straight through the armor like it was made out of paper, as the Halberd goes into Waruk Feyte swings it in an attempt to deal more damage, Waruk, having his arm go loose due to the damage, loses his grip on his zweihander with which Feyte knocks out of his hand upon the swing due to the halberd coming out of Waruk.

Waruk grabs the Halberd, before pulling it towards him, and punches Feyte in the gut after she stumbles towards him, causing her to fall onto the ground.

“Good, I underestimated you, it's been a while since someone was able to threaten me like this, albeit no one who picks up their weapons here seems to know what they're actually doing. Well, time to get this over with”

As Waruk re-grips the Halberd so he can properly swing it, Feyte rolls on the ground to get away, grabbing Waruk’s Zweihander before attempting to re-engage. 

“Well, you’ve still got some fighting spirit left in you ay? Good, that will make crushing you all the more entertaining.”

As Waruk, charges, Feyte drags the Zweihander behind her before Swinging it in an attempt to get extra momentum from the swing, Waruk seeing this attempts to block the blow, but Feyte hits his hand, chopping off four of his fingers on his right hand, causing him to lose his grip on the Halberd. Feyte, seeing this, drops the Zweihander before grabbing the Halberd and tugging it, making Waruk lose his grip on it before re-affirming the Halberd so she can swing it at Waruk once again.

Feyte jumps back to get some distance before thrusting the Halberd at Waruk, who blocks it with his right hand, the Spear tip going through his hand and dangerously approaching his neck, before he grabs the Halberd with his other hand in an attempt to block it, Feyte kicks Waruk in a gap in his armor, hitting his knee, causing him to stumble and lose his grip on the Halberd, enabling Feyte to thrust it and stab it into his chest, before pulling it out and backing off.

“Good…. Good, I…. didn’t think I would…. Lose today, con, gratulations on… besting me.”

As Waruk crumbles to the ground, the crowd is silent for a moment before erupting into cheers. Feyte looks around before spotting the man who threw her the Halberd and approaching him. The man slowly claps with a smirk as though this is all some sort of game before staring down at Feyte as she gets closer. 

“Well well, you won the fight, I honestly wasn't expecting you to be the successor i've been waiting for, before you try and return it to me, keep my Halberd, it's yours now, I have deemed you worthy of owning Shadowmoon, or as it may be more commonly known, the Hope of the Moonwalker as well as being my successor, it will appear when u will it and I hope you understand this.”

As Feyte attempts to register what the man has said, the Halberd de-materialises before flowing towards Feyte’s hand where she feels a burning sensation and grips her hand in pain, as the pain subsides, Feyte looks at the back of her hand where there is now a Dark blue marking, shaped like the Halberd with which she had been wielding in this fight.

“Also, I should probably send you back from whence you came, remember, being my successor is both an honour and a dangerous fate to hold, good luck and I hope you can truly grow into my successor.”

Feyte, looking at the man as she collapses onto the ground unconscious before getting up shocked, back in the tent that the Goblin Leader used. 

As Feyte processes what she just went through, she remembers that the man said “Moonwalker”, the title of a legendary figure of the continent, realising that she is now the successor of this figure is a shock to Feyte as she's heard that while he had many allies, he had many enemies as well.

Feyte slowly gets up from the ground and notices that the marking she saw on her hand before waking up is still there and that the halberd that she grasped is now gone, as though it was never there in the first place.

Feyte shakes off the thought that all of that was just a dream before continuing to rummage through the leader's tent, scavenging for what she can. As Feyte looks around for more valuables, she finds a pouch, shaking it, she hears what seem to be coins before opening up the pouch to see what's inside. 

Opening the pouch expecting to see coins, Feyte is shocked when she notices that these are adventurers Tags, a sign that she wasn't the first one to accept this quest. Counting the amount of Tags, Feyte notices there are 8 Tags, but looking at them closely, Feyte notices that 1 of them is a different colour from the rest, unlike the rest which seem to be made out of copper, this one seems to be made out of silver, a sign of a higher rank, showing that this mission was more dangerous than the guild seems to have thought.

Rummaging through the rest of the tent, Feyte finds another pouch, actually a coin pouch when she opens it, she looks into it and takes out the coins counting them, once she finishes counting them, totaling up to 2 Silver and 47 Copper, she puts them into her bag with the rest of her coins, 

Feyte goes back to the Goblin Leader and clicks her tongue when noticing that he doesn't actually have a right ear that she can take as evidence, Feyte debates whether she should just take the entire head before in the end deciding that it would probably be a good idea to take the whole head since he did not have an ear that she could use as evidence.

Feyte pulls out her dirk before slowly chipping away at his neck with it before eventually, after nearly 20 minutes she finally gets through the bone and chops off his head, putting it in a separate bag before bringing it along with her.

Feyte grabs the flail next to his body before moving down the cliff and heading back towards the road, grabbing the hatchet from one of the dead goblins before arriving back at the road and setting up camp near the turn of the road after looking at the sun and noticing that it is starting to go down over the horizon. After Feyte sets up camp, really just some sticks to use as a campfire if need be. Feyte starts slowly but surely attempting to roll the tree blocking the road off the road, the tree is not too big, could easily be moved by two or three people, but big enough to delay any caravans attempting to go through and allowing the other bandits to come over to initiate an ambush.

After about an hour of effort and the sun having gone down, Feyte gets the tree off the road, allowing for caravans to once again head towards Ulton. Feyte then sits down by the campfire she has set up before starting the fire and pulling out some food from her bag, half a loaf of bread and 200g of Smoke Pork and using it as her dinner, while it won't last her forever, she can conserve it to last as long as she needs.

1