Chapter 7
14 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Supply List:

2.9 kg of Pork (Smoked)

5.5 Loaves Of Bread

A Dirk

Map Of The Barony

Spare Clothing

Bow+Quiver (6 arrows)

Adventurer Identification (Copper)

8 Silvers, 57 Coppers

Goblin Ears (5)

Black Goblin Head

Shadowmoon

Deceased Adventurer Identifications (1 Silver, 7 Copper)

Arriving at Salisgar village, Feyte heads into town before stopping someone.

“Sir, is there an adventurer’s Guild in this settlement within which I can hand in my requests.

“Sorry Miss, there is not, but if you need some place to stay, cause it is getting dark, you could stay with the butcher, he might ask you to get him some animals instead of money, but it shouldn't be too big of a deal considering that you came here alone.”

Feyte heads towards the butchers and notices his storefront before heading in. 

“Welcome, oh, you don't look familiar, what can I get for ya?”

“I would like some accommodations and heard that you have some that you are willing to offer?”

“That would be correct miss, although I would like to request that you get me some rabbits to pay for it, they aren't too hard to find, they’re quite common around here, just two will do, I can tell that you must be a bit tired from your journey”

“I will get them in the morning sir, it's too dark to go now, I will leave my bags here as proof that I will not run away without paying”

“Well, that will have to do, would be too much of a hassle to go get them now, that's fine.

Come on in, your welcome to stay with me for the night, the spare guest bedroom is upstairs, third door on the right”

Feyte follows the Butcher into his home before noticing the stairs and noting where they are.

“Thank you for taking me in sir, i'm tired so I will see you tomorrow, I will leave my bag here as I said I would when I leave to get your payment”

Feyte heads upstairs before following the Butchers directions to the spare bedroom, opening the door, Feyte notices that it is a quantity little room, not too small to be uncomfortable and not too big to feel strange, with a window that Feyte feels she can climb out of if she needs to.

Feyte notices the table in the corner of the room and places her bag there before heading to the bed and laying down, nearly instantly falling asleep due to her fatigue without the threat of an ambush.

“Feyte, remember the past and don't fall to your enemies, they are coming for you due to your bloodline”

Feyte wakes up with a start looking around for the voice she heard, it sounded out of place, otherworldly. The room is locked and there is no one else here, almost as though Feyte was just imagining the voice.

Feyte looks out the window of her room, Its Dawn, the sun on the horizon looks beautiful in its orange colour reflecting off the lake which Salisgar was established by.

Feyte opens the door before heading down to the butcher, grabbing her bow, quiver and Dirk on her way out. Arriving at the bottom of the stairs and seeing the butcher.

“Sir, I have left my bag in my room, I am going out to get the payment now.”

“Ok, stay safe Missy, I would feel horrible if something happened to you due to my request”

Feyte cordially nods to the butcher before leaving his home and heading towards the forest.

As Feyte gets to the tree line she nocks an arrow on her bow before searching around to see if she can find any rabbit holes, Feyte notices a hole near the base of a tree, seemingly where a Rabbit would be and starts looking around to try and spot the rabbit, assuming that the rabbit is not home. 

Looking around, Feyte spots a rabbit on the other side of the clearing near the tree, roughly 30 meters away, Feyte steadies her aim and starts pulling the string back, aiming for the rabbit and unleashing the arrow towards the rabbit, the arrow flies through the air before hitting the rabbit Center mass, downing it instantly.

Feyte crosses the clearing before retrieving her arrow and the Rabbit, grabbing some Grass and tying it in a way that the rabbit is now dangling from it before hanging the other end from her belt alongside the arrow.

Feyte heads deeper into the forest in search of more rabbits, Feyte nocks another arrow as she moves, prepared to find another rabbit, Feyte seeks out another Rabbit before finally spotting another one, nocking her arrow, Feyte lines up the shot before firing her arrow, hitting the rabbit in the neck, dropping it instantly.

Once Again, Feyte retrieves the arrow and ties the rabbit to her Belt. As Feyte goes to head back to the village, she hears footsteps and rustling getting closer and nocks her arrow before aiming in the direction of the sounds.

As the Rustling gets closer and Feyte prepares to unleash the arrow upon seeing the target, A woman riding a horse appears. As the woman appears, the first thing Feyte notices are the two Glittering Blue horns on her head, curvy horns that seem to be coming out from behind her ears before heading forwards, seemingly like a goat's horns, contrasting with her Blonde Hair. Feyte also notices quickly after the shock of seeing a demon for the first time that the woman is wearing metal plate armor, seemingly custom made.

“Miss, Can I help you?”

“There's no time for that Feyte, hide quickly, you can’t let them catch you”

“What, who are you, how do you know who I am”

“There’s no time to explain, hide, now.”

Feyte, confused, decides that it's better to listen to the woman since she seems to know who what's going on, before quickly climbing up a tree.

As Feyte sits there, she hears what seems to be more horses clopping along.

Two men arrive on Horses, before stopping alongside the woman.

“Erna, have you found her yet? We can't Disappoint Lord Varkal”

“No, I haven’t, I thought that I heard something but when I arrived there was nothing here.”

“Thats a shame, I thought that we would catch Feyte for Lord Varkal since he so requests it, after all, we can’t let the church catch her first”

Feyte, confused how she got caught up in this at all, is wondering who Lord Varkal even is.

“Continue searching, but don’t go near the town, we can’t let people know that we were here, kill any witnesses if they aren’t the girl”

“Roger that Mam, we will continue the search”

As the two men leave, The Lady, whom they referred to as Erna, calls Feyte down.

“Feyte, head back to town, quickly, you need to leave, or everything will be over”

“Why are you helping me?”

“It's in my best interest for you to escape, everything would be over if you got caught, seek out The Church Of The Dead, they can help you, now go”

Feyte, not questioning her any further, thanks her before heading back towards town, arrow nocked and ready to go the entire time. 

Feyte slowly heads back to town, avoiding any prying eyes, Feyte stops, a horse clopping along, the Rider, having no helmet on, most likely due to the horns coming out of his head making it difficult to make headwear, clops along slowly, while searching around.

The Horse coming straight towards Feyte, Feyte launches the arrow at the man, knowing it's him or her, hitting him in the head, sending him tumbling off the horse, dead. 

Feyte starts running towards the town due to the loud thud that occurred when the man hit the ground so that she won't get caught, due to their orders and her close proximity to the town.

Feyte bursts out of the tree line before spotting Salisgar and sprinting like her life depends on it towards the town.

Arriving back in town, Feyte heads towards the butchers, out of breath, Feyte stumbles along slowly before arriving at the butchers and opening the door.

“Sir, i'm back with your requested payment, here's the two rabbits you asked for”

“Thanks Little Miss, I don't know why someone so young is an adventurer and traveling, but I assume you have your reasons so I won't dig into your circumstances, head upstairs, grab your bags and good luck on your travels Miss”

Exiting the butchers with her bags, Feyte heads towards the lake to wash off her used arrows so that they don't rust. Washing off her arrows, Feyte heads back back into town so that she can continue heading towards Ulton, as She heads back into Town, she sees people arriving in town, bearing the Crest of Aria, The Goddess of Light on their armor, seemingly the enforcers of the Light Church. Feyte’s eyes widen and quickly heads towards the general store of the town.

“Sir, I would like 20 arrows, and I need them quickly so I can hopefully arrive at Ulton before the day is up”

“Alright little miss, no need to hurry, i’ll go grab them, it will cost you a silver, grab it out of your bag while I got retrieve them”

Quickly opening her bag and retrieving her coin pouch, Feyte grabs out a silver before putting her pouch away and waits for the man to come back with the arrows.

The back door opens up and the man walks back in with the arrows.

“Alright miss, seeing that you have a quiver, I'm going to assume you're going to put them into that so I didn't bother grabbing a quiver, I'll take your silver and you can be on your merry way.”

Feyete passes the man the silver coin before taking the arrows and putting them in her quiver before leaving town before The Light Church notices she's here and tries to catch her.

 

1