Chapter 8
12 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Supply List:

2.9 kg of Pork (Smoked)

5.5 Loaves Of Bread

A Dirk

Map Of The Barony

Spare Clothing

Bow+Quiver (25 arrows)

Adventurer Identification (Copper)

7 Silvers, 57 Coppers

Goblin Ears (5)

Black Goblin Head

Shadowmoon

Deceased Adventurer Identifications (1 Silver, 7 Copper)

Leaving Salisgar, Feyte continues her way towards Ulton, staying in the treeline while following along the road to avoid the eyes of the Enforcers if they leave Salisgar in an attempt to find their assigned target, presumably her due to the “crimes” with which she commited.

As Feyte follows along the road, she hears barks and growling. Away from the road, Feyte goes to investigate the source of these noises, presumably, it's some wolves hunting their prey, but she can't be too safe with the situation that she is in.

Feyte draws her bow and readies herself for what she may encounter by heading towards the barking, Feyte nocks an arrow as she makes her way there, prepared for what she may see, she slowly approaches the epicenter of the noise before she spots the cause.

A Pack of wolves are surrounding a tree within which there is a man, the barking seems to be from the wolves trying to work out how to get the man down from there. Seeing the Man from where she is, Feyte feels the man seems familiar, Feyte climbs a nearby tree to get a better vantage point while also being safe from the wolves if they do spot her.

Upon climbing the tree and getting a better view, Feyte looks over once again, noticing that the man has two katars which he has stuck into the tree while he regains his breath seemingly. 

Feyte recognises the man, he abandoned his party to bears, and now it's a fitting fate for someone who would abandon their comrades to die that they’re stuck surrounded by wolves.

As the wolves continue barking, they start to back off, but as they start backing off, a cracking sound starts to permeate the area, the man on the tree seems to start panicking as he grabs his katars, before a resounding snap sounds as the branch breaks, sending the man plummeting to the ground, as the wolves start coming back, ready to finish the man.

With a growl, the wolves start circling the man, before 2 of them go for a pounce at the man, as he tries to fend them off, he thrusts his katars at one wolf, not realising that the other is there, stabbing the wolf in the eye, before the other wolf gets him in the back, knocking him to the ground before the other wolves' charge in, slowly ripping the man apart.

“OH GOD, SOMEONE HELP ME, PLEASE

YOU IN THAT TREE, PLEASE, HELP ME, I’LL DO ANYTHING

YOU HAVE A BOW, SHOOT THEM FOR GOD'S SAKE”

Feyte nocks an arrow, before aiming it at the man's hand, firing the shot as a wolf seemingly moves out of the trajectory, hitting the man in the hand. Causing a scream to resound as the wolves continue tearing into him. Feyte fires another arrow, this time actually aiming at a wolf, hitting the wolf in the side of its head, sending it instantly toppling to the ground. As the wolf topples to the ground, the remaining three wolves panic before they start backing off, realising that the man seems to have backup. 

The man starts heaving on the ground with bloody gashes everywhere, but alive, he slowly leans forward to have a look at the arrow pinning his hand to the ground. He shakingly starts talking.

“Thank you, it means alot that someone helped me”

As the man continues talking, Feyte nocks another arrow and aims it at the man.

“Wait wait wait, what are you doing, don’t do anything stupid, you won't get anything out of that”

Feyte launches the arrow at the man, hitting him in the other hand and pinning it straight to the ground like the other hand.

“WHAT THE FUCK, OH GOD, WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS, YOU GET NOTHING OUT OF THIS”

Feyte puts her bow back on and draws her Dirk before she starts talking.

“After what I saw you do to your previous party, I know you’re not trustworthy at all”

The man's eyes widen in shock before he starts laughing maniacally

“I see, I see, you saw that, did you? Why didn't you try to help you goddamn hypocrite, or did you just think that you could get all the spoils after we died

Go on then, kill me, it's not like you will let me live after what you have done here anyway, just kill me already.”

Feyte approaches the man before tossing her Dirk at the man, completely surprising him when the Dirk goes right into his neck as he starts gurgling before slowly falling to the ground, dead.

Feyte retrieves her arrows before hanging them from her belt, thankfully none of them broke and are still usable. Feyte loots the man while she is at it, and grabs his identification, A Copper identification, expected considering his low prowess, Feyte checks the man's bags before finding a pouch, which upon further inspection, is full of coins, 4 silvers and 60 coppers.

As Feyte goes to leave the man's body to rot, she pulls her Dirk out of the man's neck before heading over to the wolf and starts attempting to skin the wolf, due to the fact that she has seen them selling before and they were roughly a silver coin each. Roughly an hour passes for Feyte to skin the two wolves due to her inexperience with skinning animals, Feyte grabs the pelts and as much meat as she can carry, amounting to only a kilogram of meat before continuing journey towards Ulton before it will be too late for her to enter the city.

Feyte heads back to where she can see the road before continuing on her journey towards Ulton. As Feyte passes a clearing, she notices that the clearing is oddly circular, almost like all the trees in the area just disappeared within the range of an item. In the middle of this clearing is a collapsed building, seemingly a tower, Feyte assumes that this building was a watchtower due to what she can tell of the remains, although it is difficult with the amount of decay with which it has experienced.

Feyte notices signs of habitation in the tower, as through some of the holes in the tower, she can see some relatively new items, definitely not old enough to have been part of the building when it initially fell into disrepair, Feyte notices this and continues her way to Ulton, suspicious of the fact that there are people residing there, although it could just be used as a rest stop for people who can not make the full journey to or from Ulton, or for adventurers and patrols to rest.

Feyte continues her journey towards Ulton, passing a patrol on the way who notice the Adventurers Tag on her and nod to her in passing, they seemed to be heading towards the Watchtower, presumably to have a rest during their patrol. 

As Feyte arrives at Ulton, the sun has just started disappearing over the horizon, Feyte arrives at the gates before showing her Tag before they let her into Ulton.

“Sir, before I head in, I would like to ask, where is the closest Inn?”

“Take the third left, and then the 2nd right, it will be on your left, you will know which building is the Inn”

“Thank You, Sir”

Feyte follows the directions of the guard, as Feyte gets to the road where the inn is, she notices a very out of place building, surrounded by all the older buildings is a building that seems almost brand new, with a sign out front of the building marking it as an inn. Feyte walks up to the door before opening it and heading into the building. 

As Feyte opens the door, a Bottle flies towards her, shocked, she steps out of the way, avoiding the bottle as it smashes into the door, breaking on the spot.

A Lady comes through a door by the counter and starts yelling

“WHICH OF YOU THREW IT, I DARE YOU, FESS UP”

Everyone remains silent as the lady starts looking around before she grumbles and heads to the back room once again, as Feyte gets to the counter, she goes to sit down on a stool before recognising one of the other patrons sitting there. The man looks oddly similar to the man whom no one else noticed back in Flame Village, giving Feyte a shock.

The Man waves to Feyte before chuckling to himself and patting the chair next to him and calling Feyte over, Feyte heads over and sits next to him. 

“I'm sorry I scared you last time, I'm surprised you could see me though due to the fact that I was trying not to be noticed with my spells, I'm honestly impressed you could see through my invisibility and Silence spells. 

I'm quite surprised to see that you only have a Copper tag considering you saw through them, it probably has something to do with your heritage, I would assume that part of your heritage has True Sight or their immune to magic, if you don't mind me asking, what are you descended from since im sure you aren't purely human.”

“I don't know if i'm being honest, i'm an orphan”

“I see, well this might be something to take in, but I would like to recruit you to my party, it's rare to find those abilities and it would be a great help to my party, ah of course, I never introduced myself did I? My name is Claud, I'm the Leader of The Lowblades, you might have heard of us, we're a Gold Ranked Party.

Although personally, I'm a Platinum Ranked Adventurer, how about it miss?”

“I’m sorry Mr. Claud, but I would like to refuse your offer, although if you’re still here in the morning, would you mind showing me to the Guild tomorrow? Ah of course, im Feyte, I may join you in the future though Mr Claud, but I have my own problems to deal with before then”

“Sure Miss Feyte, I would be happy to show you to the guild since I will be going there to pick out a job tomorrow”

“Thank You I appreciate it”

Feyte pushes on a bell on the counter to call the owner of the inn so she can rent a room, after the bell rings, the Lady comes out from the back.

“Who rang the bell, oh was it this cute little Lady, what do you need? Are you here to order a meal, or maybe rent a room?”

“I’m here to rent a room, how much will it be for the night?”

“30 copper coins a night Miss, im sure you understand since im running a business and all here”

“Alright thank you” Feyte says as she hands the woman 30 coppers from her coin pouch

“Alright, you’re in room 7, when you go up the stairs, it will be the 4th door on your right, here's the key”

Feyte nods and takes the key before heading upstairs to go get some sleep.

 

Ok, So Schedule Wise, the next few weeks are quite packed for me, I may not be able to get chapters out besides some in my backlog, but it is possible that my backlog runs out since im quite short on it, thank you for understanding, and I appreciate anybody who reads this story.

 

1