Chapter 9
12 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Supply List:

2.7 kg of Pork (Smoked)

5 Loaves Of Bread

A Dirk

Map Of The Barony

Spare Clothing

Bow+Quiver (25 arrows)

Adventurer Identification (Copper)

11 Silvers, 87 Coppers

Goblin Ears (5)

Black Goblin Head

Shadowmoon

Deceased Adventurer Identifications (1 Silver, 7 Copper)

2 Wolf Pelts

1kg of Wolf Meat 

Feyte wakes up before looking out the window to see what time it is, the sun is coming over the horizon, Feyte grabs her things before heading downstairs. Noticing that the innkeeper is awake, Feyte heads over to her.

“Good morning, Could I have some food, Miss?”

“Sure, that would be 25 Coppers for a meal.”

Feyte pulls out her coin Pouch before giving the innkeeper 25 Coppers.

“Alright, I’ll bring it out for you when it's done”

Feyte sits down at the counter before looking around while she waits for her food.  Looking around, Feyte notices a pair of dwarves at one of the tables, arguing over which beer is better. On a table near the dwarves, Feyte notices a group of Goblins watching them, paying attention to their every move.

Noticing this, Feyte has a bad feeling that something is going to happen. As Feyte thinks about this, the stool next to her gets pulled out and a man sits down before tapping on Feyte’s shoulder. Taking her out of her thoughts as she turns to look at the man.

“Ah, good morning, Claud, I thought you might have already left the inn, thank you for agreeing to take me to the adventurers guild yesterday.”

“No problem, Little Miss, I appreciate your talents, speaking of which, what quest did you take the other day”

“I… took the task to hunt some highwaymen, it was the only task that took me in the direction of Ulton”

“By yourself? Good job there Kiddo, with your talents, it must have been easy for you, especially since you wield a Spirit Weapon, I don't know which one that is, I can tell it's a Halberd though, but you should probably get some gloves to cover it so as to not give away that you own a Spirit Weapon”

Feyte looks at Claud shocked that he recognises what it is, considering she had never even heard of spirit weapons till she acquired one, only knowing that some weapons were famous for more than just their wielders.

“What, don't look so surprised I know what a spirit weapon is, there are many Platinum ranked adventurers who have at least seen Spirit Weapons before, some even have their own.

Although I must admit, it's strange for someone so young to wield a spirit weapon, it's surprising to say the least.”

I would appreciate it if you could keep it a secret between us Mr. Claud, however, since you mentioned that I should get some gloves, would you mind showing me to a leatherworker so I can buy some before we go to the guild?”

“Sure, helping talents like you is something that I’m always happy to do”

As they talk, the door to the kitchen of the inn opens and the innkeeper walks over carrying a plate, with some bread alongside some Fried eggs.

“Here’s your meal, enjoy it”

“Thank you”

Feyte slowly eats her meal before standing up upon finishing her meal.

“Claud, would you mind leading the way”

“No problem, follow me”

Feyte follows Claud out of the inn before turning left and following Claud to the leather workers' shop.

After following Claud across what feels like half the town, they arrive at the leather workers shop.

“Here we are, look around till you find some leather gloves that you like and can afford and then I will take you to the guild”

Entering the store, Feyte goes straight to where the gloves are on display, sizing up the various gloves there, some of them being too big while others seem too rugged, Feyte comes across a Pair she likes and grabs them, smooth on the exterior and the interior, Feyte likes these gloves at first glance, dyed black, these gloves also would not seem out of place in most situations.

She puts them back before continuing through the gloves to see if there are others, she is interested in.

The worker comes over noticing that she seems interested in one of their products.

“Ah Miss, I notice that ya seem to like one of our products, which one is it?”

Feyte gestures to show which gloves that she is interested in.

“Ah, those Black Leather gloves ay? That would be 3 silvers Miss”

“3 silvers you say? Ok, well while we're at it, I have some wolf pelts, how much would you take them off my hands for?”

Feyte expresses as she takes the wolf Pelts out of her bag.

The worker examines the pelts

”These Pelts are damaged, so I will take them for 1 Silver, 50 Coppers, so if you're taking the gloves, I'll take the pelts and 1 Silver, 50 Coppers.”

“We Have a deal Sir”

Feyte hands the man the pelts alongside the coins to pay for the Gloves before putting the gloves on, thanking him before leaving the store.

“Alright, now that's done, I’ll take you to the Guild, i'm still sad that you aren't interested in joining the Lowblades, but it is what it is.”

“Thanks Claud, I really appreciate the fact that you are helping me like this, it means a lot”

“Helping new adventurers that I appreciate is normal, it's nothing special, don't worry about it really”

Claud starts heading to the Adventurer’s Guild followed by Feyte, after going along a few streets, they arrive at the Guild. Claud turns around before he starts talking.

“We have arrived Ms. Fate, this will be where we split ways for now, I hope to see you again and that you change your mind about joining the Lowblades, it would really help having someone like you in our party.”

“Thank you, Claud, I do hope that we can meet again under good circumstances”

Feyte opens the door before heading into the guild and heading towards the receptionist's desk so that she can hand in the tasks within which she has completed prior.

Arriving at the Front Desk, Feyte looks at the receptionist to see an old man, he seems to be in his 60s, although his pointed ears reveal him to be an elf, meaning he must be hundreds, possibly even thousands of years of age depending on what type of elf he is, his dark blue eyes which seem to unveil everything about Feyte stare at her as she approaches, seemingly waiting for her to start the conversation as he is just here to answer questions and do his job.

As Feyte goes to talk, the man talks first, seemingly as though he's trying to interrupt her to un-nerve her.

“Hello Missy, first time seeing you here, did you come to register or are you traveling at the moment”

“Oh ummmmm, I’m traveling at the moment Sir, I just arrived in Ulton last night before I came to the Guild today”

“Ahhh, I see, well, what can I help you with today Ms….”

“Feyte, Ms. Feyte, here's my Tag”

The Man puts her tag to a crystalline ball which then changes almost to show information that the Guild has on her before he passes the tag back to Feyte.

“I see, so you went and hunted some Brigands, did you? Well, do you have your proof that you killed them”

“Yes, I do, let me get it out of my bag real quick sir”

Feyte puts one of her bags down on the Receptionist’s desk before opening it up and showing the man that she has the proof.

“Oh, sweet Zutia, don't scare a man like that, why is there a head in your bag, have you just been, carrying a head with you, why would you do such a thing Miss, that was, unexpected”

“Well, their leader didn't have a right ear which was the proof of subjugation so I thought that maybe I should take the entire head since it was a Black Goblin, which are known to be more renowned in their community.

“Well, that makes sense Miss, take it as the guilds responsibility that there was a Black Goblin, we will give you an extra Silver to make up for it, so that would total as, let's see, 2 Silvers and 25 Coppers, well done on completing this request, its surprises me that someone so… young would be the one completing this request, I feel that this would be traumatising to most young’uns like you.

Also, did you get any adventurer tags from their camp so that we can... Confirm the deaths that may have happened to previous people involved in this job.”

Feyte opens a separate compartment in the bag, before pulling out a smaller bag within which she opens and pours the tags out.

“Ok, let me scan these tags so I can confirm their deaths and mark them as deceased in our registry.

I see, it would seem that, the highwaymen were all adventurers, with the silver tag belonging to their leader, it's a shame that some adventurers turn to things such as banditry in their attempts to make money.

Give me your tag, seeing that their leader was a silver rank adventurer and you beat him in combat, I will mark you as ready for a promotion task from the guild, speaking of which, would you like to take one?”

“How long would it take Sir, I don't plan on sticking around in Ulton for long”

“Not Too long, should only take about two days including the travel and the actual mission.”

As the man finishes talking, the front door of the Guild slams open, a soldier having burst through the door.

“ATTENTION EVERYONE, THE BARON OF ULTON WOULD LIKE TO INFORM YOU THAT YOU ALL HAVE A NEW TASK, THERE HAS BEEN A MURDER IN THE CITY.”

“Well Little Miss, looks like you might have a different Promotion task.”

 

Announcement

So, this is the last chapter I have written, and I have exams next week, most likely, there will not be a chapter next week as I will probably be focused on studying for my exams, I appreciate your understanding and I'm sad I don't have enough backlogged chapters.

1