Chapter 11
8 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Supply List:

2.7 kg of Pork (Smoked)

5 Loaves Of Bread

A Dirk

Map Of The Barony

Spare Clothing

Bow+Quiver (25 arrows)

Adventurer Identification (Copper)

12 Silvers, 37 Coppers

Shadowmoon

1kg of Wolf Meat 

Black Leather Gloves

 

Feyte looks around to see where they ran off to, noticing two figures running down the street, Feyte starts chasing after them, the figure in the front keeps knocking things down in an attempt to slow their pursuers. Meanwhile, Claud is chasing and while not being significantly slowed, is being forced to move slower so that he has a chance to avoid anything getting knocked over.

As Feyte chases however, she notices that the figure is a lot taller than the goblins which they suspected were the perpetrators. Feyte starts to slow down as she thinks about this, are they an accomplice or are the goblins innocent in the first place. Realising that she was lost in her thoughts, Feyte looks again for the suspect before noticing Claud rounding the corner, hastily chasing.

As Feyte starts catching up to Claud, she feels some sort of tug on her eyes as the colour in the world disappears, as Feyte is catching up, she notices a Ghostly figure ahead.

Quickly arriving at the corner which Claud turned, Feyte notices that there are more ghostly figures, primarily surrounding the suspect and that they have arrived at a dead end. Claud lunges at the suspect who has pulled out some sort of scroll, before ripping the scroll in half and disappearing right as Clauds weapon would have impacted their arm.

As the suspect disappears, Feyte notices that the ghostly figures which she is seeing are all heading in one direction.

“Damnit, I wasn’t expecting them to have a teleportation scroll, looks like they’ve escaped, lets head back to the Inn, see if we can scrounge up any more clues.”

“No, we can still catch them, follow me”

“What do you mean follow you? You don't have any idea where they went.”

“No, I don’t, but they do” states Feyte as she gestures to the ghostly figures.

“Exactly, wait, who are you gesturing to, what can you see, I understand, lead the way”

Feyte follows the ghostly figures with Claud behind her, the figures keep going from one road to another enroute to their destination, eventually after walking for 15 minutes, being led across the entire city, they arrive at a dilapidated house. Arriving at this dilapidated house, the figures walk through the door. As Feyte goes to open the door to continue following them, she falls to her knees, and colour seems to seep back into the world.

After getting up, Feyte peers through the window, Feyte quickly notices that the inside of the building is not nearly as dusty as the appearance of the building would suggest.

“This would seem to be the building Claud.”

“You stopped outside, so I'm assuming you would like to get some backup, should we head back to the crime scene?”

“Yes, I feel that, this might be a bigger case than just a murder of an ambassador if they went to all the effort of hiding out here, especially considering that our primary suspects did not identify with that figure in any way”

“Ok, lets head back and get some backup then, I’ll see if any of my Party members are in the city as they did only request the people at the guild to help”

As they head back towards the crowded city towards the crime scene, Claud goes silent as he seems to be casting a spell, presumably to contact his party members. Arriving back at the crime scene, Feyte’s eyes go wide seeing what has happened to the crime scene while they were gone. In the hour that they were gone, it seems the perpetrator has come back.

The Guard is pinned to the wall by a Javelin coming out of his body, the Ogre is missing half of his head, seeming as though they were shot by a cannon, the mage has been decapitated and the 2 humans are missing, whether they were kidnapped or part of this follow up crime is unknown.

“What the fuck happened here?” Claud exclaims while Feyte is still out of it.

“I think they didn't like the fact that we were investigating what happened?”

“But then why murder them and make it a bigger crime scene, or maybe they have some other objectives then just the murder, maybe its all part of a bigger plot”

“Claud, the Fact we didn't hear anything means either this happened while we were on the other side of the city or they had a mage that could cast a silence spell on the area, either way, I don't like this.”

“Well, I guess we investigate, any of my party members who are in the city should be on the way here, most likely within 10 minutes, so we will wait for them while we investigate before heading to the guild and then heading to that building we followed them to.”

Going to the Even bigger Crime Scene now, Feyte goes to the guard and notices that he seems almost calm in his death, he most likely didn't see what happened and wasn't able to react to his death.

Meanwhile, Claud goes to investigate the Mage and notices that the cut seems very rough, most likely created by a Serrated Blade, Grabbing the tag as he looks, Claud also notices that the terror in her eyes is visible, seemingly held down from the marks on her wrists. Heading over to the Ogre, Feyte notices that the hole seems very perfect, almost too perfect, most likely created by either a spell or a Gunpowder weapon, seemingly proving the fact that this involved a silence spell as it would have been too loud for it to have not been heard and caused a panic. Feyte grabs the tag as she inspects the Ogre’s body.

As They’re investigating, they hear footsteps coming towards them, seemingly heavily armored considering the rattling they are hearing alongside each step.

As they come closer, the figure Starts talking, their voice coming out with clicking and some very difficult sounds to understand “Claud, I have come as you requested, but I only help to repay the debt which I owe you”

“Sheva, Glad that you were in town, we need some help, you might have heard of this happening if you have been to the adventurers guild today.”

Walking around the corner, Sheva comes into full view, She is in full Plate armour although there are some things that are different to what you usually see, her helmet comes out a bit further then normal and the clicking of what seems to be mandibles can be heard as she speaks, another noticeable feature is the fact that she seems to have antennas which are also protected by the armour, this alongside the giant Shield she carries that is bigger than her and the Giant Kaskara which she also carries.

These all imply that Sheva is a Myrmeke, A Rare race to see in this part of the continent as Myrmekes are not typically known to travel far from their homeland. Myrmekes are often compared to ants to people who don't understand, almost seeming like humanoid ants, for good reason, Myrmekes came into existence when a Mad Wizard tried to give some humans Ant traits due to the fact ants can carry things heavier than them quite easily, However, the Wizard made a mistake in his experiments and ended up giving the Ant’s the humans traits, killing the humans involved in his experiments, they then rose up and killed him before building an empire originating from the Tower within which the Wizard conducted his experiments.

“Sheva, this is Feyte, she is working with me on this case, and I did hope to have her join the party although she has not accepted my offer as of yet”

“Greetings, as Claud thinks you're worthy of joining the party, I will trust his judgment considering he is always looking for talent to recruit, I am Sheva, and I am bound by Honour to repay my debt to Claud, I look forward to working with you.”

“Ok, now that you two know each other, we are going to head to the guild since well, the people we planned on asking to reinforce us seem too no longer be with us.

I’ll lead the way, come on let's go.”

 

1