Chapter 12
10 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Supply List:

2.7 kg of Pork (Smoked)

5 Loaves Of Bread

A Dirk

Map Of The Barony

Spare Clothing

Bow+Quiver (25 arrows)

Adventurer Identification (Copper)

12 Silvers, 37 Coppers

Shadowmoon

1kg of Wolf Meat 

Black Leather Gloves

Entering the Guild, the group looks around to see that there are a few adventurers here and there, presumably not knowing of the situation that has happened in the city due to how nonchalant they seem going about their own business trying to pick which requests they want to take.

Walking over to the receptionist, Feyte goes to start talking before the elder elf interrupts.

“Claud, Fancy seeing you here, and considering you’re with this little lady, does that mean that you know about the situation that happened in the city this morning?”

“Indeed, I do Ellisar, we are here in relation to that matter actually, we have information on where the culprits, or at least someone involved currently is, but we want to make sure we have enough people due to well, we don't know how many there are, but this feels bigger than it seems due to the, status of the victims”

“I see, the victims are important, hence why the city has gone into lockdown, is that what you are trying to say”

“Indeed, we would like you to ask some of the trustworthy adventurers to help us in this due to the fact we are going to need trustworthy people.”

“I understand, although why did you not ask the other people already involved in solving this”

“There wasn’t anyone left to ask, me and the little lady were in the same inn as the victims so we left to see if there were any clues there that could help us work out the motive of the crime, we caught someone in one of their rooms and chased them to their hideout, although they wouldn't know that we found out where they are.

When we went back to the crime scene after that, the other people involved were either dead or missing”

“I see, well, let me check if there is anyone trustworthy considering the implications in the guild at this moment, if not, the three of you might have to go on your own, although two members of the Lowblades would most likely be enough to solve this case on their own.”

“Thanks Ellisar, were going to have a chat while you sort this out”

Going to sit at the bar, the group finds a table before sitting down so they can start their discussion.

“So Feyte, what were we following when you found their hideout, considering the man used a teleport scroll”

“I was-” Interrupting as Feyte Starts to talk, the clicking sounds of Sheva’s voice come out “wait, she was the one who found their hideout, im impressed Feyte, getting a one up on Claud like that”

“As I was trying to say, I was following some ghostlike figures that had been following the man, they seemed to know exactly where he went, so I followed them considering they were basically heading straight there as though they knew where the man had gone as soon as he used the teleport scroll.”

“I see, that explains why I wasn't able to see them, I knew you were special, but to think that you are able to see Spirits, seemingly without any training for it.”

As they go to continue discussing, Ellisar comes over with a pair of adventurers, the First is a Goblin, seemingly a mage due to his attire and equipment, although his equipment seems different from the traditional mages which they are used to seeing. He seems very nervous for some reason, almost as though he has something to hide that he doesn't want the other people here to know. The Second adventurer is a beastman, presumably some form of bird considering how sharp his eyes seem to be as he looks across the group. Presumably a cleric from his clothing, which seems to not fit with his character as he seems very aggressive.

“Ok, I got some trustworthy adventures, the Goblin Spiritualist goes by Dak as most Spiritualists give up their original name as you might know, whereas the Owl Beastman is Cayoth, as you can probably tell, he is a priest, he never told me which god he follows, but that doesnt matter too much as long as he doesn't follow Zelotl.

Also Dak, Cayoth, I would like to inform you that you should listen to everything that Claud says, he might not look like much, but he is the leader of the Lowblades, so it would be better to trust than to doubt him.”

“Thanks Ellisar, I will give them the rundown as we are on the way. I'm assuming you gave them basic information about what the job is about?”

“I did indeed, they know that their objective here is to help you guys solve a murder.”

“Ok, thanks, we will explain more on our way to our destination”

“Oh right, could you look after my bag and stuff Sir, I've already checked out of my inn, speaking of which, could you return this to the inn, we used these in our investigation, Claud would be able to tell you the directions”

Ellisar nods and goes back to the reception counter in case anybody else in the guild has a need of him.

Leaving the guild and heading towards the expected hideout, the group gives the new members the rundown of the situation.

Claud & Feyte had been requested to help solve a murder, knowing the victims, they went to investigate other clues before discovering someone sneaking into the victims rooms, they followed the man to the hideout and got reinforcements from the guild since the other people working on the case were either dead or missing.

“The number of spirits seems to be decreasing as we get closer. They seem to be disappearing? I would assume that this is definitely the right place” Dak states as they get closer to the suspected hideout.

Claud remarks “That is strange Dak, normally there are many spirits around, but them being missing is just, there's definitely something off here.

Arriving at the dilapidated house they followed the spirits to, the group spreads out a little bit.

“Well, we have arrived, there is most likely a secret passage considering the fact that we were not able to see them through the windows when we looked, as though they had disappeared.”

“Claud, would you be able to lockpick the door if it's locked so that we can try and find out the location of the passage”

“Sure Feyte, just give me a minute”

Claud checks the door is locked before pulling out a lockpick and gets ready to pick the door as Cayoth interjects.

“Are you guys sure that it's a good idea to break into this house, we don't even know if they are actually involved yet, its not like we know that they were at the crime scene or actually involved in the murder”

“Cayoth, even if they weren't involved initially, they got involved as soon as they started looting the rooms that the victims were staying in, we can't just let them get away with it”

“I…. you’re right, I should have thought about that, we will have to deal with them then.”

“Alright people, doors open, stick to groups, Feyte with me, see if you can find anything that seems out of place. Also, while this building may seem abandoned on the outside, there's no telling what it's like on the inside due to the fact that it's not abandoned considering that it was locked, so be careful.”

“Understood Claud, as I am honourbound, I will listen to your orders, Dak, Cayoth, work with me here and report anything that seems out of place.”

Feyte follows Claud into the building going to the first door on the left, the room seems to be a bedroom, a small bed alongside a bookcase and what seems to be a fireplace.

Claud looks around the room, pulling at books seemingly to check if there is a secret passageway caused by the movement of the books, meanwhile Feyte heads towards the Fireplace, where her instincts seem to be screaming at her to run away as she gets closer to the fireplace.

“Claud, is it just me that has this feeling of dread? It seems to be getting more prominent as I approach the fireplace.”

“The Fireplace?” Heading to the fireplace, Claud looks at it before noticing that the firewoods seems to be oddly shaped alongside the fact that there seems to be half a footprint on the edge of the fireplace, seemingly heading into it.

“Feyte, Go Get the others, now.”

 

1