Chapter 13
9 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Supply List:

2.7 kg of Pork (Smoked) (Left At Guild)

5 Loaves Of Bread (Left At Guild)

A Dirk

Map Of The Barony (Left At Guild)

Spare Clothing (Left At Guild)

Bow+Quiver (25 arrows)

Adventurer Identification (Copper)

12 Silvers, 37 Coppers (Left At Guild)

Shadowmoon

1kg of Wolf Meat (Left At Guild)

Black Leather Gloves

 

Walking out of the room to go find the others, Feyte heads to the room on the opposite side of the hallway, opening the room, she notices that there is another bed, with a bookcase and a fireplace, the layout of the room is eerily similar to the room which she had just been in. Noticing that the others are not in the room, she closes the door before heading to the next room.

Heading to the room next to this room, Feyte goes to the door before opening it to see a table surrounded by chairs with what seems to be a chandelier hanging from the roof, almost trying to show off that the residents of this house are not as poor as the house would lead you to expect. Closing the door once again, and noting how eerily silent it seems to be as Feyte heads over to the final room.

“Cayoth, why do you seem so scared of being here, I don't understand and Dak, you seem so out of it, are you feeling ok?”

“Sheva, this place just feels, like I shouldn't be here, I don't know what I can say”

“The Lack of spirits here makes it hard for me to pay attention, I am trying to see if there are any, most of my mind is being focused on that.”

Opening the door, the argument seems to stop as they all turn to the door, Sheva pulling her Kaskara out of its sheath, ready to fight incase its an enemy, until they all see Feyte and their taut nerves seem to relax as they notice that it is Feyte and not an enemy. “Feyte, why are you here without Claud”

“Claud told me to come and get you guys, he thinks he found something”

“Lead the way then, we should go quickly, if he thinks he's found something, he has most likely worked out that there is indeed a secret passage.”

Walking back towards the first room in which they entered, Feyte leads the way, as she goes to go through the door, she hears a clash of blades, drawing her Dirk and rushing in, Feyte sees Claud fighting 2 robed figures, parrying each of their blades with his daggers, Claud swings his blades and cuts the tendons in their wrists, forcing them to drop their weapons, before he sweeps their legs out from under them and forces them onto the ground.

Claud then proceeds to hit them in the head with the pommel of his daggers, knocking them out before he comments “anybody got some rope?”

Feyte goes to reply as Sheva pushes past her before staring at Claud.

“Claud, you have rope in your storage, don’t screw around.”

“Alright, alright, geez, you have no sense of fun Sheva.”

Pulling out some rope, Claud ties the two men's hands behind their backs before turning to Cayoth.

“You’re a cleric Cayoth, could you heal their wounds to the point they're still stuck but they wont bleed to death.”

“I mean, if that's what you want me to do”

The room seems in much worse shape than it was earlier, the Bookshelf is destroyed with books and pages everywhere in the room, the Bed is snapped in half with many splinters everywhere alongside the corpse that seems to have smashed it on top of it still, the splinters in the ruined bed seemingly having gone straight through him and killing him instantly. Although looking around the room, Feyte notices that the fireplace is seemingly untouched.

“Hang on, let me cast a dispel magic” Claud casts a minor dispel magic spell and the fireplace disappears, replaced by a stairwell descending underground.

“Sheva, lead the way, followed by Feyte, then Cayoth, Dak afterwards, I'll follow up from the rear. Also Sheva, you should probably switch your Kaskara out for a normal sword here, take this one, give me your Kaskara and I'll store it.” Pulling a Sword out of his storage and passing it to Sheva.

“Thanks Claud” Sheva passes the Kaskara to Claud who puts it away in his storage.

“Draw your weapons, considering they attacked me in the few minutes Feyte spent getting you guys, be prepared for anything.”

Feyte draws her bow as she puts her Dirk back in its Sheath before grabbing an arrow from her quiver and nocking it.

Following behind Sheva, Feyte looks down the Stairwell, noticing that the bottom seems to be nearly 20m down and that she can't see anybody, although it's better to be cautious considering the situation.

As they head down, Sheva leading the way with her Gigantic Kite Shield, an ominous clicking seems to resound from further underground. 

As she looks around, Feyte notices a sudden movement in the corner of her eye, further down the staircase, there is a hooded figure with a Hand-Crossbow, aiming up towards the group.

“Look out!”

The Figure fires their hand-crossbow, seemingly aiming at Dak, Sheva attempts to block it although she is too far to block it successfully, Claud throws a knife hitting the crossbow bolt, breaking it. 

“That was close, we don't want anything to happen to one of you, we need everyone that we can get.”

Feyte Fires an arrow back at the figure before he can run off upon realising his attack was repelled, although he dodges the attack with a quick sidestep before disappearing.

Claud picks up the broken bolt.

“He’s gone, although this bolt looks extremely similar to the one that ambassador was shot by, almost like it was the same weapon, we're on the right track, I have a feeling.

Let's continue searching, we should be able to find evidence that they were the perpetrators, maybe something they took from the Ambassadors. Stay sharp people.”

Descending the eerily quiet stairwell besides the footsteps, they arrive at the bottom, seemingly the stairs go all the way down in an attempt to avoid other underground tunnels, with only a Dark hallway at the bottom of the stairwell, eerily litten with some torches alongside some light spells haphazardly along the hallway, with parts being completely dark for meters on end while others are lit for meters on end..

Looking down the hallway, Feyte has the unsettling feeling that she is being watched.

“This place feels, ominous”

“Even so, the only way they could have escaped without a teleportation scroll is down this hallway, we will push forward, we should be able to catch up to them.”

Following Sheva down the dreary hallway, Feyte starts moving forward as she looks around trying to spot anything that seems off while she can see.

Sheva leads the way with her giant shield as they proceed down the sparsely lit hallway.

All of a sudden all the lights disappear, whether they are magical lights or physical torches. Claud casts a dark vision spell as the lights go out so he can see, but as he does this, the entire hallway seems to light up, blinding everyone in it. While blinded, Feyte hears a thump and a gasp behind her, turning instinctively. 

“Everyone alright?”

Mechanical sounds whir to life at the edges of the hallway as Feyte regains her vision to look around, Dak and Cayoth have disappeared, almost as though they were never there.

“SHIT! This base cant have been prepared in just a few days, and now we have 2 people missing” 

Feyte sees Claud ruffling his hair at the thought of this.

“Feyte, I want you within arms reach of me, you’re the youngest one here, I can't let anything happen to someone so young.

Sheva, I know that you are annoyed you weren't able to do anything, but this isn't your fault, you couldn't have done much about it.

We will continue, if they have taken Dak and Cayoth, they are still alive for now, we must find them before they are killed.

We Must get to the bottom of this.”

Continuing down the sparsely lit corridor, Feyte spots a set of double doors, seemingly made of a material causing it to be pitch black. Feyte pats Claud on the shoulder. 

“There's a door up ahead, and the ominous feeling I've had this entire time is getting stronger the further we head down this hallway, I have a bad feeling about this.”

“Don’t worry, I won't let anyone else get harmed in this.”

“As a Warrior of my people, I will not allow harm to come upon either of you so that I can repay my debt.”

Sheva goes to the door before putting her hands on the door and starting to push it open.

1