Chapter 14
14 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Supply List:

2.7 kg of Pork (Smoked) (Left At Guild)

5 Loaves Of Bread (Left At Guild)

A Dirk

Map Of The Barony (Left At Guild)

Spare Clothing (Left At Guild)

Bow+Quiver (24 arrows)

Adventurer Identification (Copper)

12 Silvers, 37 Coppers (Left At Guild)

Shadowmoon

1kg of Wolf Meat (Left At Guild)

Black Leather Gloves

The Doors creak as they open, revealing a giant statue at the far end of the room alongside faintly etched symbols on the walls of the chamber, seemingly some sign of worship from the way they are placed and how the room seems like it took inspiration from a church.

The Statue seems to be of some form of bird, although it has 6 legs alongside the numerous eyes placed all across its body and the three beaks lined up next to each other on its head.

“This statue, explains many things about the occurrences happening in the city recently”

“I don't understand Claud, would you mind explaining”

“No, I will explain for you, young one, so that you realise the error of your ways.”

A hooded Figure shouts as he emerges from behind the statue, holding what seems to be a staff with one end in each hand. 

“This is our denomination in the city of Ulton, here we worship the glorious god Zelotl, we aim to save the world from the corrupt gods that are worshipped currently and bring the world back to its natural order, or should I say, CHAOS. 

The false gods believe that peace and prosperity is what will lead the world into balance, NO, chaos is the only way that we can weed out the weak from the strong and allow life to follow its natural order, it is under our guidance that the world will return to its true path, and we will no longer have to scurry around like rats, hiding from the false gods and their believers.”

“Oh, shut up with your whole fanatic spiel, you guys are insane and should be removed, worshipping the God of Chaos, no sane person would do that, the “blessings” of your god all just show that you have lost your minds.”

“YOU CAN NOT SAY THAT ABOUT OUR GOD, THE TRUE LORD OF THE PANTHEON YOU FALSE BELIEVER, you will pay for your sins!”

The hooded figure knocks his staff on the ground, causing a wave to resonate from where his staff makes contact with the ground, upon this, the doors on the sides of the chamber swing open with more hooded figures burst into the room carrying weapons.

Feyte turns to her right to aim her bow at the cultists who have barged into the room, as Feyte starts pulling back the string to fire her nocked arrow, Sheva charges at the opponents before shield bashing them as they swing their weapons at her charging figure which she blocks with her shield. 

After the Shield Bash has knocked the two figures back, she slashes her sword across their chests, leading them to collapse to the ground as blood spurts from their wounds.

Turning around upon seeing this, Feyte aims her bow at the opponents who came from the other room to realise that they are already on the ground, seemingly dead considering the knife in one of their heads.

A Clang resides from near the statue, as Feyte turns to look she sees Claud swinging his dagger and hitting the staff of what seems to be the leader of this Shrine.

The Priest spins his staff before thrusting it at Claud who dodges the blow before doing a wide swing with his left dagger but as he's doing this swing, he does a quick thrust with his right dagger. Realising this, the leader jumps back to dodge this.

Feyte lines up a shot, but they are moving too fast for her to get a clean shot where she is sure she won't hit Claud by accident. Feyte tries to get a better angle but with all the moving around, there's no way she can take a shot without having a chance of hitting one of the two combatants.

“SHEVA, LOW!”

Hearing this shout from Claud, Sheva charges in to assist before sliding as she gets closer, the Priest dodges back, losing his balance as he steps back and seems to fall over, as Sheva goes between Claud and the Priest, Claud jumps onto shevas shield which is now placed above her before jumping off of it towards the priest who attempts to block it with his staggered balance before falling backwards with the momentum of the jump causing Claud to push the Priest over and land on him before Stabbing him in the neck.

As this happens, the door they came from bursts open with another cultist charging in, with a short spear and a shield in his hand, charging at Feyte who has her bow out, Feyte launches an arrow at the Cultist before throwing her bow to the side and drawing out her dirk.

The Cultist thrusts his spear at Feyte as she pulls out the Dirk, Feyte narrowly redirects the thrust with her Dirk, leading the spear to cut her cheek. The Cultist follows up with a Shield bash, knocking the Dirk out of Feyte’s hand.

As Feyte starts backing up with no weapon, the Cultist thrusts his spear at Feyte who hopes she can get out of this, willing Shadowmoon to appear, a blue glow starts shining from the back of her hand through her glove as Shadowmoon appears, the Cultist appears shocked that a weapon appeared out of nowhere as his weapon gets knocked down to the ground and Feyte swings the Halberd, cutting into the cultists stomach as he falls to the ground, clutching his stomach.

“Well, Feyte, I was a bit worried when I saw you get disarmed, but Claud told me not to worry and I can see why, you wield a spirit weapon, that is a rarity around these parts, from my adventures before I was helped by Claud, they are a lot more common in Ashmore although still rare, but these parts? I have seen maybe 5 spirit weapons my entire time in Ocrington.”

“Sheva, we can discuss this when we are safe, for now, we have to find Dak and Cayoth. When The Incident happened, the sound came from the right side, so we will go through the right door, maybe we will find where they have ended up.

Sheva, while I would prefer if you stayed here in case there are more cultists on the other side, we can't split up at this point. Lead the way Sheva, I'll cover the flank and Feyte, I'm sorry, but this might be more than you can handle with your abilities, here's a teleportation scroll, if things go wrong, tear it and leave.”

Feyte wills Shadowmoon away as her tattoo stops glowing, receiving the scroll with which Claud offers her.

“Thank you, Claud.” Feyte tucks the teleportation scroll under her glove enough that it stays in place so that she can quickly retrieve it at a moment's notice.

Feyte grabs her Dirk before putting it back in her sheath and grabs her bow so that she can fight from afar and deceive the enemy into the fact that she only has one weapon as backup.

Heading to the door, armed, Feyte indicates she is ready to proceed as Sheva pushed the door open before jumping back, seemingly having heard, upon jumping back, the doors which have just been pushed open get skewered by spikes coming out of the walls behind them, shattering the doors in the process.

“Well, that was unexpected, it seems this entire Shrine as they called it has traps everywhere, most likely to deal with intruders, they most likely armed the traps when they realised there were intruders.”

“I’ll take the lead then, Sheva, cover the flank, I'll see if I can detect the traps before they occur and disable them where possible so that we can continue our search.”

With Claud leading the way and disabling the traps as they come across them, going through the Hallway, they come across a set of doors, pushing the doors open, in the room, six figures are revealed.

The Hooded Figure with the Hand Crossbow, three relatively shorter robed figures, wielding a mace, a Dagger and a Musket. The remaining two figures seem to be tied up to chairs, Dak & Cayoth, having ropes sealing their mouths preventing them from speaking.

 

1