Chapter 16
11 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Supply List:

2.7 kg of Pork (Smoked) (Left At Guild)

5 Loaves Of Bread (Left At Guild)

A Dirk

Map Of The Barony (Left At Guild)

Spare Clothing (Left At Guild)

Bow+Quiver (20 arrows)

Adventurer Identification (Copper)

12 Silvers, 37 Coppers (Left At Guild)

Shadowmoon

1kg of Wolf Meat (Left At Guild)

Black Leather Gloves

 

Sitting in his chair, Ellisar sluggishly stands up, “what's all this yelling about” as he looks over and notices what Claud is carrying.

 

“Claud, what happened, why is Dak dead and where's Cayoth?”

 

“Why is Dak Dead, you ask? Cayoth stabbed him in the back before smashing his head in with his staff, see for yourself” Claud puts Dak’s body on the ground, the caved in head prominently showing the cause of death.

 

“What do you mean Cayoth killed him, he's a priest, unless he's from the Warrior Church, but he never told me whom he worshiped”

 

“Well, maybe that’s because he worshiped Zelotl, you mentioned everything was fine as long as he didn’t worship Zelotl, and he worshiped Zelotl, don't you think it's a bit too much of a coincidence Ellisar?”

 

“What do you mean he worshiped Zelotl, and how would you have even found this out from those fanatics”

 

“Well, we mentioned we found their hideout, we went there and found an underground hideout, which we discovered to be a Cult of Zelotl, in the midst of all this, Cayoth murdered Dak before escaping with one of his subordinates using a Teleport Spell, because considering what he said before he left, he was the leader of that damn Cult.”

 

“Well, how was I meant to know that he was a member of the cult, all the information we as the guild received was that he was a highly skilled Priest that had completed some difficult jobs and was considered trustworthy, you can’t expect me to ask people about their secrets or even get an answer if I did, can you?”

 

“Ok, you’re right, I was getting a little emotional over what happened, I might not have been in much danger, but the young lady nearly died, I don't know if I would have been able to live with myself if she did, because I would have been the one who failed to protect her, I was the one who let her come along.”

 

“Alright, now give me the information I need so I can complete the quest for you or whether there's more to be done.”

 

“We dealt with the Cult, one of the murderers escaped, the others are dead, we found a second entrance to their hideout, it's how we got back to the Guild so quickly if you have a map of the town I can mark out the entrances on it so it's easier for the Guilds Team to check it thoroughly, the young lady better be promoted to Silver like you said she would be and inform Baron Ulton.”

 

“Ok, I can agree with that, Let me go grab a map for you to mark on and young miss, could you give me your Identification so I can upgrade it to Silver while I find the map”

 

Feyte takes her tag off her neck before handing it to Ellisar as he goes back and puts Feyte’s Tag to a Crystalline Ball before casting a spell, upon which the Ball Glows and starts working as Ellisar grabs a map from one of the shelves under the desk alongside Feyte’s bags before handing the map over to Claud. He also hands Feyte the things she left in his care.

 

“The Main Passage we found was located here, whereas the backup passage, presumably an escape route, is located here, it's close to the guild so I would assume that the thought process was they wouldn't expect fugitives to go close to somewhere that fighters gather.”

 

“That would make sense, but it's this close? That's barely a street over, actually, that could explain why Cayoth would always appear seemingly out of nowhere. Let me go grab The Young Misses tag, the equipment should be done updating her ranking in the guild as well as displaying it on her tag.”

 

Ellisar goes back to the machine before grabbing the Tag and chucking it over to Feyte who catches it before nodding thankfully and tying it back around her neck. Alongside this, he grabs some Money before handing it to them.

 

"Ok, so I can officially say that the mission is completed for now, we will put out a bounty for Cayoth as well, I will send a message to the Baron telling him that he can lift the restrictions of travel as all the criminals have been dealt with except two, but one of them knows teleportation magic."

 

"Thanks Ellisar, sorry about all the trouble that this has caused you."

 

“It's Fine Claud, you are just doing your job, it means a lot that you were willing to help the Baron considering you could just leave whenever you wanted.

 

Anyway, I will send this letter to the Baron.”

 

Heading back to the receptionist's desk, Ellisar grabs a small piece of paper before writing on it and heading to the second floor.

 

As Ellisar heads upstairs, the front doors of the guild swing open, revealing a Heavily Armoured Group, the armour clad with the Crest of Aria, revealing the group to most likely be Paladins. 

 

As Feyte notices the crest on their armour, she stands behind Sheva hoping that they don't notice her considering Sheva’s imposing figure.

 

“The Church Of Light would like help finding a criminal so they can be tried for their crimes, this criminal burnt down an orphanage with everyone inside, leading to a tragic outcome where nobody from it survived, the Criminal is roughly 14 years of age and she has orange hair, we also have a drawing of what she seems to look like, we don't have much more information than that, but the church would appreciate if the guild would help find anybody that fills that criteria and informs the church, if the information ends up being about this criminal, the church will reward the information provider with 5 Gold coins.”

 

Resounding from the second floor, “I’ll be down in a minute, I'm just sending some information to the Baron to do with the cities lockdown, then I will take the request and put it up on the notice board where it should go.”

 

Sneaking a glance from behind Sheva, Feyte notices that Claud is standing right behind the Paladin, looking at the drawing in his hand, with nobody else noticing that he is there. Feyte notices Claud glance in her direction upon looking at the portrait, noticing this Feyte panics as Claud starts walking closer, Feyte’s eyes following Claud as he comes back over to her before going around Sheva. 

 

Feyte’s heart beats faster and faster as Claud slowly moves closer before he hears a whisper in her ear “They seem to be looking for you” causing Feyte to stiffen.

 

“Now Feyte, I would like you to be honest with me here, if you lie to me, I will be able to tell, were you the one who did it?”

 

Not wanting to draw attention to herself, Feyte shakes her head in denial before Claud continues.

 

“You don’t seem to be lying, but since that is the case, I can only presume that you have some sort of connection with the orphanage they mentioned, considering the fact you're traveling alone at such a young age, can I assume that you are from the orphanage.”

 

Feyte nods as Claud puts his hand on her shoulder, causing her to quiver, afraid that Claud is going to turn her in before he proceeds to whisper in her ear.

 

“Well, considering you seem to be telling the truth, I will get you out of here, just hold on to me and I will lead you out of the city, and direct you to the Duchy of Epror, while it won't take you outside the country, the rule in the Duchy is much more decentralised compared to the rest of the kingdom due to its recent addition into the kingdom and considering how much has changed in the Duchy since its conquest, I wouldn't be surprised if things are brewing there. Now anyway, put your hand on your shoulder and follow me.”

 

Claud casts a spell on Feyte followed by another Spell as he starts leading her out of the building. Quickly moving through the still open Doors, Claud leads Feyte down some of the side streets before they arrive at the walls before leading Feyte along the wall and arriving at the gates which are open.

 

Undoing the spells, Claud casually walks up to one of the guards before showing his tag, leading the guard to nod before he looks at Feyte, who correspondingly shows the Guard her tag before following Claud out the gate.

 

“Now Feyte look, you just need to follow this road and in about three days you will arrive in Epror, once you are there, it will be a lot easier for you to leave the country, I would recommend leaving the country, but they also might expect that, so it's your choice whether you leave or stay. Now go.”

 

1