Ashen 1
12 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“I have a task for you Eléanore, while I loathe owing a favour to the others, at the very least, I am in an alliance with Velvet, she found the one I was looking for, Head to Ocrington and find her, I order you to protect her.”

A voice resounds in Eléanores head as she wipes her blade clean, looking at it to ensure it's clean. Reflected in the blade is a young lady, seemingly 25 years old, her pale skin contrasting her lustrous black hair, her yellow pupils shaped like a sword as they glow. As she rotates the blade to check its clean, reflected in the blade is a pile of corpses.

After ensuring the blade is clean, the blade disappears.

“Ocrington? Lady Zomis truly is sending me a long way, although I haven't been there for nearly 300 years now, it would be a nice change of pace seeing what's changed. I guess I should clean this all up before heading to Myr’s Origin to hand in the request since it's on the way. I can even visit Liliana in Epror while I'm there, it's been nearly 10 years since I’ve seen her.”

Turning around, the true terror of the battlefield is revealed when dozens of Owlbear corpses are revealed. The Monstrous ranked creatures seemingly slaughtered with no chance of resistance considering the lack of signs of battle on Eléanore.

Eléanore snaps her fingers as all the bodies disappear, leaving just the blood scattered around the area, the area almost seeming like a slaughter never even happened.

Eléanore turns from the site of the battle before she starts running back towards the road, arriving in short order. 

Following the road back to Myr’s Origin, after nearly 20 minutes of running, Eléanore arrives back at the gates of Myr’s Origin, the walls being 15m tall, an easy feat to build for the Myrmekes with numerous buildings on the other side of the wall, in the middle of the city is a tall tower, renovated with Myrmeke architectural design, showing a few balconies across the tower. Spotting someone flying to one of the balconies before entering the tower.

A clicking sound reverberates as the guard starts talking, his mandibles clicking together as he speaks.

“I would like to request your ID before I let you into the city.”

Eléanore gives the guard her adventurer tag before the guard puts it to a crystalline ball, checking its authenticity before the Guard salutes Eléanore.

“Welcome to Myr’s Origin Ma’am, we hope that you enjoy your stay in Myr’s Origin.”

“Thank you, it's my pleasure to once again be in Myr’s Origin.”

Following the streets, Eléanore examines the buildings quickly as she passes them, noting that most of these buildings, while simple, are three stories high, with balconies on their third floors, seemingly to allow easy travel for the Myrmekes blessed with wings.

Arriving at the Guild, Eléanore pushes open the doors before heading over to the receptionist's desk.

“I’ve dealt with the Owlbears.”

“Impossible, the Request was only released this morning, it's barely even midday and you're saying you have already completed the request?”

Eléanore sighs as she snaps her fingers, leading to a pile of Owlbear corpses to appear on the receptionist's desk, leading them to jump back in fright.

The Receptionist stares in shock at the pile of corpses for a full minute before he snaps out of it and pays attention to Eléanore once again as she clears her throat.

“Ahh, yes, Can I have your tag so I can update your tag with the mission's completion?”

Sighing, “Here you go.”

The Receptionist places her tag to a Crystalline ball, casting a spell to let the Ball examine the tag before they turn in shock to stare at Eléanore.

“The, the, the, Ashen Queen, I understand, it's no wonder you completed the quest so quickly, how would you like your payment.”

“Just keep it, I don’t need it, give it to the people harmed by the Owlbears, they need it most.”

“Yes Ma’am, I appreciate the fact that you are willing to do such an insignificant request.”

“It might be insignificant to me, but helping the people is what matters.”

“Heres your tag back Ma’am, I appreciate your visit to Myrmekia, the people will be thankful that your esteemed Personage was willing to visit our country.”

Nodding, Eléanore leaves the building as she heads through the city before arriving at the Gates opposite and handing her tag to the Guard, who nods before she leaves the city, heading towards Radaria, deciding to quickly meet Godfrey on her way to Ocrington.

1