Chapter 17
9 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Supply List:

1.4 kg of Pork (Smoked) 

3 Loaves Of Bread

A Dirk

Map Of The Barony Of Ulton

Spare Clothing 

Bow+Quiver (14 arrows)

Adventurer Identification (Silver)

12 Silvers, 37 Coppers 

Shadowmoon

Black Leather Gloves

 

 

 

Seeing the City walls as the sun rises from the horizon, Feyte sighs in relief upon realising she has arrived in Epror. 

Approaching the walls, Feyte makes her way to the city, a decaying sign on the side of the road, with the words welcome to Riverglen upon it as she gets closer.

“Halt, show your identification.”

Feyte grumbles as she takes off her tag before showing it to the guard.

“Ah, an adventurer, welcome to Riverglen Miss, I should have guessed from the bow, but you can never tell these days.”

Passing through the gates, Feyte looks around and notices that the streets seem almost pristine although the buildings seem as though they have been there for many years with signs of decay on the walls.

The streets seeming almost deserted, possibly due to how early Feyte has arrived at the city, heading down the streets, Feyte strolls through town, seeing a bridge ahead, Feyte notices the river drifting through the city, stopping on the Bridge, Feyte looks at the river, the River seeming untouched albeit the fact it is in the middle of the settlement, the sun reflecting off of the river, showing a unique pink hue as the sun dawns.

Admiring the view for a few minutes, Feyte continues her way through the city, before coming across a sign pointing towards the adventurer's guild. Following the sign and arriving at the guild, Feyte pushes open the doors, the guild showing off a distinctly different style from the previous guilds Feyte has gone to, the receptionists desk bearing a Eprorian flag, although it seems almost as though they are trying to hide this, the receptionist sitting at the desk is a young lady, seemingly asleep, most likely troubled by the fact of how early she has to arrive at work.

Heading to the request board, Feyte Looks through the requests.

Missing Person

Find Medicinal Herbs

Bandit Problem

Wolf Sightings

Cattle Gone Missing

Looking through the requests, Feyte grabs them one by one before deciding on investigating the wolf sightings.

 

Wolf Sightings

 

To the Northwest of the Town of Riverglen, Wolves have been sighted in numbers much higher than they normally are. Deal with them, if you can find out the cause, there is a bonus in it for you.

Reward: 35 Coppers Per Wolf, Proof of Subjugation being their right ear.

Optional: Find Out the Cause of This, 5 Silver

Heading over to the receptionist, Feyte knocks gently on the desk before the receptionist quickly stands up and her hand goes to her waist, seemingly trying to grab something that isn't there.

“Um, Miss, I would like to take this request.”

Reading through the request, the receptionist looks at Feyte before looking back at the request before sighing.

“Are you sure little girl, I can't allow you to take this in good conscious, I know that you might desperately need money, but I can't just let a young child head off to their death like this.”

“Before you belittle me, I would like you to look at my tag first.”

“A Silver tier tag, well, it would seem that you could handle this, though I would still recommend you go with others considering that Wolves are considered as something between a Copper and a Silver tier, leaving you alone like this just… isn't right for someone so young.”

“I would go with others, but only with people I know I can trust from experience and none of them are in Riverglen.”

“Thats, well, be safe out there, I don't want to find out something happened to one so young, I'm not sure I would be able to forgive myself.”

“Oh, also, I heard the guild sells maps, do you have one of the surrounding areas and how much would it cost me?”

“We do have one of the surrounding areas, we have a few maps, one of the Duchy for 25 Gold Coins, one of the County for 5 Gold Coins, one of the Barony for 10 Silver Coins and One of the City and Surrounding area for 1 Silver coin. Is there any particular one that you would like?”

“I’ll take a map of the city for now, here.” Feyte hands the Receptionist a Silver coin, the receptionist proceeds to open one of the draws of the desk before pulling out a map and handing it to Feyte.

Unfurling the map, Feyte looks at it and notices that the details are very crude, the city is shown in detail with each of the roads perfectly marked with each important building carefully marked on the map. However, the surroundings of the city are crudely sketched, to the Northwest is a Forest, a River heading through the forest before passing through the city. Mountains are marked to the Northeast upon the map and there is an area in the Southwest of the map that is labeled as off limits with no further information about it shown on the map.

Furling the map again, Feyte puts it in her bag before nodding to the receptionist and heading towards the exit of the building.

“Good luck out there, may Axella bless you for this battle.”

Feyte pulls the door open before exiting the building and heading towards the West so that she can exit the city. Passing the numerous buildings, Feyte notices one that stands out, according to the map, it seems to be the Merchant’s Guild, more clearly indicated by the Sign above the building showing Scales loaded with Gold Coins on both sides.

As Feyte passes the building, the doors smash open as a Burly man walks out of the building angrily followed by a chubby man who seems to be trying to stop the man.

“Sir, please, we are not trying to offend a noble such as yourself but i'm sure that you understand that the Merchants Guild needs to look after its own interests, we can’t get involved in the disputes of the Nobility, it would just harm the guild in the end.”

“A True Eprorian would not allow what Ocrington has done to our country, you should understand that siding with us is for the good of the Guild and the people of Epror. We must band together so that we can remove these oppressors.”

“Sir, calm down, what if people overhear you, they might report you for what has been said, while the guild won’t be able to support The Old Defiance, we will not report anything that has been said today due to our confidentiality clauses, but you never know who might overhear you and decide to snitch on you.”

“You’re right, now if you will excuse me, I will be heading back to my manor so that I can deliberate what should be done next.”

Walking along, Feyte overhears their conversation as she walks past, continuing along towards the exit of the city, Feyte sees the walls of the city and at a brisk pace heads towards it, getting to the city walls, Feyte sees a guard before pulling out her tag as she gets closer to show the guard. The guard, noticing her action, nods upon noticing that it is an Adventurers Tag and steps aside so that Feyte can pass.

Leaving the City, Feyte heads north towards the river so that she has a landmark that she can identify. Feyte looks around and notices the vibrant look of the area, getting more and more vibrant as she approaches the river. The River itself shines a vibrant hue of blue, Feyte follows the river upstream as she looks around, grabbing her bow with her hands so that she is ready.

Grabbing an arrow from her quiver as she sees the forest, Feyte nocks it to her bow so that she is prepared for anything that happens, as Feyte goes into the forest, a howl resonates from deep within the forest.

Feyte hears the howl and starts heading in the direction that it resounded from. Presumably, the howl was from the alpha of the pack.

Passing through the trees, Feyte arrives at a clearing, the clearing is packed with wolves. 

Feyte climbs up a tree and starts looking into the clearing, the wolves are all looking towards the middle of the clearing, the ones closer to the middle being bigger.

The wolves are all staring at the middle wherein sits a young boy, seemingly 10 years old with wolf ears and a tail.

The boy is sitting there calmly, almost as though he is in no danger whatsoever while surrounded by wolves. The boy opens his mouth before proceeding to howl, causing the wolves to spread out, staying within viewing distance of each other before seemingly patrolling.

1