Chapter 18
5 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Supply List:

1.4 kg of Pork (Smoked) 

3 Loaves of Bread

A Dirk

Map Of The Barony Of Ulton

Spare Clothing 

Bow+Quiver (14 arrows)

Adventurer Identification (Silver)

11 Silvers, 37 Coppers 

Shadowmoon

Black Leather Gloves

Map Of The City Of Riverglen

From her perch up high, Feyte notices the exchange of seemingly orders given to the wolves by the howl of the boy. Feyte watches as the wolves spread out before howls start coming back from some of the furthest wolves from Feyte, causing some of the other wolves to start rushing towards those howls. Feyte looks back to the center of the clearing to keep track of the boy once again. But as Feyte looks back she quickly notices that the boy has disappeared.

As Feyte scans the area to spot the boy once again, she feels a hand grip her shoulder, jumping in surprise from the sudden contact, Feyte falls off the branch before a small hand grips her once again and pulls her back up, Turning to see what has grabbed her, Feyte is surprised to see the Boy once again, from how close she is, she notices his blood red eyes alongside the fangs in his mouth as he smiles at her. 

“So, why have you come into my territory, human, no wait, you don't smell like a human, or any other creature that I know of, what are you? And wait, why do you have the smell of her ladyship, hmm, maybe I shouldn't dispose of you like the others.”

The boy's voice comes out almost teasingly as he speaks, seemingly ready to avenge the smallest slight that he may receive.

“I, I, I accepted a quest from the guild to look into why there are so many wolves in the forest.”

“Hmmm, yes, I guess with the growth of my pack in the last few months the guild would be worried about that wouldn't they? It makes sense considering that I gathered the nearby packs under my banner and migrated them to this forest. Ok, take me to the guild, I would like to talk to the guildmaster, but don't get any funny ideas or the town will fall.”

The boy howls once more and is met with a momentary silence before howls resound from everywhere in response.

The boy jumps down from the tree grabbing a lower branch as he does, swinging on it, doing a flip before landing on his feet on the ground.

“Come on, lead the way, I don't have all day.”

Feyte slowly scales down the tree before walking away from the clearing, the boy following along.

“Ah right, I haven't introduced myself, Have I? I'm Thyrius Crimsonfang, Blessed of Velvet, it's your honour to meet me, now do as I asked before I think otherwise about what should be done.”

Trembling upon hearing his introduction considering that he is a blessed, although Feyte does not know much about the blessed besides that they are powerful followers of their respective gods who have been gifted powers due to their level of devotion.

“I’m Feyte, nice to meet you, please follow me, I will take us back to Riverglen so that you can converse with the Guild Master.”

Walking through the trees back towards the plains, Feyte notices the eyes seemingly following them from the shadows. Feyte feels a tug on her eyes as her vision seems to get sharper, seeing perfectly in the dim forest, Feyte notices that they are surrounded by Wolves, but these aren't normal wolves, the Wolves are all different, one having fiery red fur, another having an Icy white Coat while a third is almost pure lightning yellow.

The Boy stops upon feeling a sense of power from Feyte as her vision changes, staring at her, almost as though he is ready to pounce and end her life here and now.

Quickly calming down, Thyrius starts looking at Feyte with caution, clearly understanding that she has a relation to someone important, although unsure if she even knows that due to her reactions.

Feyte continues leading the way back to the city before coming across the river that she followed to arrive at the Forest from Riverglen.

“Thyrius, we will arrive at Riverglen by following the river, Riverglen being the city within which I accepted this request at the guild.”

“Good.”

Following the river, the city appears on the horizon, in the light, the splendor of the city can truly be appreciated, it’s Marble walls almost illuminating, the tall guard towers along the walls showing off that this city is not just a thing of beauty and is a remnant of the Grand Principality of Epror, being one of its first lines of defence.

“Hmm, not as impressive as I thought it would be, it's so quaint.”

“If you say so, now let us get to the gates so we can enter the city.”

“I don't see a need to go to the gate.”

Thyrius Grabs Feyte before jumping and grabbing a protruding brick in the wall and proceeding to climb up the wall. Jumping from one protruding brick to another while carrying Feyte, Thyrius climbs the wall at a rapid pace.

Feyte stares down as the ground gets further and further, knowing that she would be injured from such a fall and staring down in abject terror. Feyte feels the hand holding her loosen as they go higher and the terror heightens. When the hand lets go Feyte closes her eyes before realising that she seems to be standing on something. 

Opening her eyes, Feyte realises that she is standing on solid ground, they are on top of the wall. Looking down into the town, Feyte notices the city seems so much smaller from here, seeing the entire city from up here.

“Now, where is this guild that you wanted to take me to.”

“I don't know from up here, I only arrived in town this morning, it was on the side of the river that we are currently on though, that's all I can easily tell you, let me get out a map.”

“We head towards the bridge but turn right as we get to the bridge and follow the road for a bit it would seem and there's conveniently some stairs we can go down there so we don't have to go down the wall the way we came up.”

“Fine, even though it would be quicker to just jump, you would not be in a good condition after that, considering I need you to lead the way, we can use the stairs.”

Walking down the stairs, Feyte notices a guard who seems promptly confused about why a young girl and a small boy are coming down from the city wall before they just shrug and continue standing guard. The road being a lot more populated then it was this morning, although still very scarce, most likely due to the people working outside the walls at this time. 

At the side of the river are some ladies washing clothing in the river, there are also children playing near them, staying within view of the women, presumably so they can keep an eye on the children.

Continuing along the road, they come to the bridge and turn right heading towards the Guild, heading along the road towards the Adventurer’s Guild, Feyte sees the guild.

“There's the Adventurer’s Guild, it's up ahead, the building which has the sign with the swords crossing in front of a shield.”

“I see, it's not as big as I would have hoped, it would seem this town is very desolate compared to my times in Asnar.”

“Asnar?”

“Ah, have you never heard of the great Theocracy, I guess not, it is a bit far from here considering it is on an island and we are near the middle of the entire continent, the main god of Worship there is Velvet, Goddess of Monsters, most of the population lives there happily isolated from the rest of the continent due to the fact that our hardships are trials of Lady Velvet, Outsiders are not very welcome after all, but they are trials in and of themselves.

Anyway, enough distractions, I would like to meet the Guildmaster so that I can tell him to stop sending people to disturb my pack. It's been tough dealing with intruders these last few days, I should have kept someone alive sooner so that they would get the message.”

Pushing open the doors of the Guild, Feyte heads towards the receptionist's desk.

“I need to talk to the Guildmaster, it has to do with the quest with which I took up.”

Looking up from her paperwork, the Receptionist starts speaking.

“I see, I wasn't expecting you to be back so soon, I will admit, I was not expecting you to come back in such good condition either, I may have seen your rank, but I still couldn't believe that you would be ok dealing with such creatures. Since I cannot see any signs of wear on your weapons from here, I will assume that you found the cause behind the wolf Migration and that you believe I’m not qualified enough to know of these things?”

Nodding, Feyte responds, “So where's the guildmaster so that we can speak with them?”

“Follow me”

The Receptionist leads Feyte to a side room with couches on each side of the room with a table in the middle, Thyrius follows in as the Receptionist goes to the other side of the table from the door and sits down.

“So, what did you want to talk to me about?”

1