Chapter 19
4 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Supply List:

1.4 kg of Pork (Smoked) 

3 Loaves Of Bread

A Dirk

Map Of The Barony Of Ulton

Spare Clothing 

Bow+Quiver (14 arrows)

Adventurer Identification (Silver)

11 Silvers, 37 Coppers 

Shadowmoon

Black Leather Gloves

Map Of The City Of Riverglen

“Wait, are you trying to tell me the GuildMaster was working as a receptionist?”

Her lips curl upwards. “Is there anything wrong with that? It makes it easier for me to look out for guild members, whether I have met them before or if they are new to the Guild, now would you mind telling me why he has followed you in?” 

“Thyrius here, is the one that has things to discuss with the guild, it has to do with the quest.” 

Raising an eyebrow upon noticing Feyte pointing at the young boy. “How so? I can see that he has Wolf features, a Wolf Beastman it would seem, but he's young, I can't see how this is related to the quest, unless…”

“Apparently, your guild issued a quest to investigate why my pack is here, there's no real reason why we wouldn’t live in our homes is there?”

“Your pack, you say? Young Boy, It would seem I am right, you aren’t a Beastman at all, are you? You are a wolf taking a humanoid form by magic.”

“Good, Good, at least someone understands considering I've been referring to them as my pack the entire trip, although I wouldn’t expect such a weak person to even know about the fact that's possible, afterall, I can't think of any fables that mention the spell.

Let me introduce myself, I am Thyrius Crimsonfang, Blessed of Velvet and Alpha of the Crimsonfang Pack.” 

“Very well, I am Christina the Storm Talon, although I've retired from active duty, I am still a Platinum Tier adventurer, granted, considering your status, I don't think I would be able to take you in a fight, so what is the issue with the guilds quest and what are you here to discuss.”

“I would like you to designate my forest as an off-limits zone to adventurers, I can stop my pack from leaving the forest, but I won’t stop them from dealing with intruders, it would make things a lot easier on both of our communities if people were warned to stay away. 

And while I won't stop you from killing members of my pack outside the forest because its survival of the fittest, as Lady Velvet wills it, I will not accept people being paid purely for killing members of my pack, I need you to remove any quests of the sort, or we will have problems.”

“Yes, I see, Feyte, what do you have to say about all this?”

Surprised upon realising she is being asked about the ongoing discussion, Feyte quickly surmises a reply. “I feel like he can be trusted, as a blessed, surely he wouldn't betray the trust of the guild.”

“Hmm, I understand why you would think that, and I would have to agree with you, that is what I was thinking, oh also, hand me your tag for a moment, i’ll register the completion of your request and give you the reward, considering the unexpected danger of this request, ill chuck in a little extra for the reward.” Feyte hands Christina her tag.

“Good, I knew that you would agree, I didn't want to have to destroy the city. I'm surprised that you asked what the little girl thought though or are you just trying to see how experienced she is.”

“Well, an adventurer needs some sense of politics if they want to do well, so asking what she thinks is a way of me knowing if she can go far. Of course, even if they have a sense for politics, they need some degree of strength or else no matter how good it is, they won't have the chance to go far.

Speaking of politics as well, what's the deal with you Thyrius, considering that you are a Blessed of Velvet, are you here on behalf of Asnar, or are you just exploring or something?”

“What, you think I'm a diplomat or something, do I seem like one to you?”

Lips raising, Christina comments “No, you don't look or act anything like a diplomat, but who knows, that could have just been a front to get us to reveal how we feel about Asnar.”

“I can see why they elected you as the Guild Master here, Miss Christina, although it isn't surprising considering that Riverglen is a frontier town. But no, I'm just on an adventure, experiencing the trials of travel as Lady Velvet would appreciate. There is more I would like to discuss with you Lady Christina, but I think the Young Lady has other things to do, help her quickly before we continue our discussions.”

Christina nods, “Indeed, considering a Silver Rank has come this far from where they registered, I can only assume that she is running low on funds considering she couldn't have been registered for that long considering her age.” Christina walks over to the desk in the room before grabbing a small but noticeable crystal ball from the desk, placing the tag in an indented groove within the ball before it glows. 

Christina swipes her hand to the left in front of the crystal ball before tapping on it a few times. Christina proceeds to grab the tag before the ring on her finger glows and a small pouch appears in her hand, shaking it, Christina proceeds to throw the pouch and the tag over to Feyte.

“There's your reward, considering the latent danger that seems to have been involved in this quest, I've upped the reward from 5 silver to 15 silver coins, now there will be someone else available if you would like to take another request today, but I expect that you will just explore the city considering that you seem to be new to the city and it would be inconvenient to go out before our discussion has finished since it may lead to some changes in the guild’s local quests.”

“Thank you, I'm sorry about any troubles that I have caused.” Feyte walks back to the door before opening it and leaving the room, closing the door behind her.

Walking past the receptionist who seems to have come since the GuildMaster is no longer doing it, Feyte nods as she walks over to the receptionist. 

“Excuse me, are there any quests that can be done without leaving town, and also, I'm new to the city, I was wondering if there is anything interesting to see in the city that you would like to recommend.”

The lady starts contemplating before shaking her head “no, there aren’t any quests I can think of that wouldn't require leaving town at the moment, those have all been taken already, and for interesting things to find in the city… The Sunrise and Sunset are a pretty thing to see from the bridges on the river, apart from those though, I can't think of anything really.”

“Oh right, I forgot to ask, where are the inns in this city?”

“There's an Inn on the road heading towards Thonia, it's a relatively new inn due to the invasion of Epror by Ocrington just take a left after leaving the guild until you see the bridge, cross the bridge and follow along towards the gate, it will be on the right side of the road, there's also another inn on the road heading towards the Old Capital City of Epror, it's just next to the city gates, just take a right and follow along once you've left the guild. it will be quite easy for you to see.”

“Thank you, have a good day.” Feyte turns to leave the Adventurer’s Guild and pulls the door open before leaving the guild.

Turning right, Feyte heads towards the gates that she got directed to, the streets seem livelier than earlier, the sun slowly starting to go down, but still hours away from sunset. A young boy starts coming towards Feyte before they start talking.

The boy grabs Feyte’s hand, “Hey Miss, come play with us.”

The boy pulls Feyte along to the side of the road where a small park seems to be situated, a group of kids, who seem to be standing around talking to each other as they spot Feyte, they look at Feyte and start pointing and looking at Feyte as they come over to Feyte and the boy.

“Let's play Hide and Seek Miss, we won’t leave the park, give us 30 seconds to hide before you come look for us.”

“Ok” Feyte smiles as a tear drops from her eye as she closes her eyes and starts counting out loud. As Feyte is counting, she hears the footsteps scurry away from her, she hears heavy footsteps approaching her as she continues counting. As Feyte gets to 30, she opens her eyes to see a man in front of her, holding a club.

“Sorry about this.” The man says before hitting Feyte with the Club, knocking her out before she can react.

 

0