Chapter 4: What is my dream?
139 4 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"What is your dream?"

Yagoo's mind was still wandering around this question, trying to figure out what it meant.

'What is a dream? I still don't understand.'

After the Chief left, Yagoo tried to contemplate a bit but to no avail. He went around the company to ask about the question and what their opinions were but they were just as perplexed as he was.

He spent the whole day with his employees, asking around, and even calling up the investors but no answer was given.

 

'Dream,' Yagoo typed on his phone as he was riding the busy train to go back home, 'a cherished aspiration, ambition, or ideal. Is it supposed to be something like what the company is doing? How does this relate to a financial decision on investments? I don't understand!'

It stumped Yagoo, as all previous investors just invested because his company looked safe and stable. It was the usual practice, small and stable businesses win and trying to go into larger companies netted fewer profits. Nobody wanted to invest in those at the top of the industry as they had worse working conditions, larger responsibilities and a higher risk of flopping. So, with the Chief's investment in Cover, it could break the economy and change the status quo. But Yagoo didn't care about the status change, he was more concerned about what his company should be when the Chief joins.

 

"I'm home!" Yagoo announced as he stepped inside his humble abode.

"Welcome home, honey." A cheerful voice sounded inside before a beautiful Japanese housewife came to the entrance. Her black long hair was tied into a neat bun and simple spectacles matched her cheerful face.

 

=====A/N: I'm going to wife up our boi Yagoo. This is what his wife looks like, obviously not in real life.=====

Spoiler

Pin on Anime Characters

[collapse]

 

She wore a very loose white t-shirt that looked way too big for her and comfy shorts.

"You are wearing my shirt again, Chise," Yagoo said as he leaned forward and pecked on his wife's lips.

"Ara~~, you are in a good mood today, Yagoo," Chise said and went in for a deeper kiss, "Something happened at work? You were kind of excited yesterday as well."

"Yes and no," Yagoo said and quickly went to get changed into home wear. When he was done, he saw his wife sitting on the sofa and accompanied her as they put on some random TV channel.

They hugged each other and cuddled together in a comfortable position.

 

"You look like you need to talk." (Chise)

"Yes, please listen..." Yagoo said as he recounted the events in the company and his thoughts on the question.

"What a strange person, coming in with such a huge investment and imposing such a strange question."

"Indeed, he even has such strange but advanced technology. I can't fathom who he is in his home country."

"He probably has circumstances into coming here. This is a big decision on his side as well."

"I doubt that, he looked like he just did it because it looked interesting."

"Let's forget his motives for a bit and think about that question. I think I know what he means."

"Really?!"

"Yes, I think you have as well. Remember when we first met?"

"I will never forget. From the first show, I watched you become an idol and devoted my time to watching every show and even managed to date you."

"Yes, I am grateful that you remembered. Now, what did you do when you chased for my love?"

"I recorded every show that featured you."

"Was it necessary?"

"Yes, I loved you so I did it."

"No, you didn't need to since you being there was enough. But I still appreciate it." Chise gave a little kiss on his cheek, "Now, what did you do after I retired?"

"...I went to  work properly and found Cover with my camera work and started to do projects."

"Did you love the job or just did it cause it was a convenient job that required your experience?"

"...It was convenient."

"Exactly! When you recorded for me, you wanted to show the world the cute idol. Even though they couldn't see it in the end, you still fell in love with me off stage."

"Yes, I wanted to be with you."

"And did you want to be with your job?"

"....No, I want to use that time to be with you. But I need money to support us."

"I think that's what he means about dreams. Something you want to be passionate about, to work towards. I still remember your confused face when you attended my first concert. What an innocent face....ara ara~~~"

 

"....So you think that's a dream?"

"Yes, I always thought of becoming an idol, despite what my friends and family said. I had the grades to go to university, the money to start a business and many other stable jobs. But I didn't. I wanted to be an idol. When I did, I realised I wasn't attracted to becoming an idol, I just loved the clothes. That is why I retired and turned to design. I think that is what my dream is."

"...So in essence, he's asking what I will make the company become? What do I want the company to become, not need?"

"That's our best bet. I hope that is what he's seeking. It would be great for us, you wouldn't have to push yourself too hard at work."

"What do I dream for the company to become?" Yagoo thought as he tightly snuggled with his wife on the couch.

 

=============

=============

 

"I want this company to become an idol agency and make exclusive concerts and venues!"

Yagoo bowed in front of the Chief when he came back to the office as arranged for the next day.

 

"I wish to let other people become idols. I know it is a weird jump from our current expertise but I hope to realise this dream. My wife had wanted to become an idol before changing to another career but I still hold that passion of showing the world the charms of idols."

"Interesting" Chief clapped and showed a little smirk, "What will your employees and investors think of this?"

"My employees are mostly friends who dabbled around the idol industry before like me and the investors can choose to stay or not. It doesn't concern me because you came."

"And if I still refuse the investment?"

"I'll still go through with the change, even if I don't get that massive investment. It made me realise I should do a job I love, not do something with no passion. I feel bad for completing all my previous projects just for the sake of it."

"...brilliant! I'll sponsor your endeavours and hope to see your company become successful."

"THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR GIVING ME THIS OPPORTUNITY!"

"Sweet, now that we got a deal, let's renovate the building for the change in industries."

 

"...What?"

"I'll pay for everything, let's make the living quarters, dance studios, recording studios, stages, outdoor stadiums, baths, onsens, office space, canteen, streaming offi-"

"WAIT, WAIT WAIT! You can't just start construction, you need permission and the things you listed need a lot of space. It requires a lot of time and money as well as looking into appropriate departments for each change. Why the hell would a company need an onsen? Where would even put the outdoor stadium?"

"Why not? Doesn't hurt to be prepared and I am already getting everything done."

"What!"

 

The Chief pointed outside the window of the meeting room, showing a bunch of hooded people in the surrounding areas. They were covered in black from head to toe and were holding a bunch of machinery and construction tools and equipment. The perimeter of the surrounding area has already been taped out and trucks were travelling by to prove assistance. Across the road, three plots of land were also being occupied by these hooded figures.

"...Who are they, Chief?"

"Dunno, don't worry about it." Chief proceeded to walk out of the room to introduce himself formally to the other employees.

"What the hell is that supposed to mean?! What do you mean you don't know who they are?"

 

=============

=============

 

{Little Segment}

"I need to leave for something."

"Just as the concert is just around the corner Chief?! Is it important? We are in a bind right now."

"It is as important as pulling out [TIME & SPACE PIN]."

"That is important!"

"Yes, I need to meet him. It is finally my turn."

"...If you don't mind, Chief, who are you meeting?"

"Oh, myself."

"...Have you taken the right medicine today, Chief?"

"...You better get going to your concert with the mouse before I rip those devil ears out of your head."

"I'LL GO! P-P-PLEASE! T-T-THEY A-ARE S-S-SENSITIVE!! AHHH~~~"

 

Yeet! Next chapter is going to be hype! Hope you like it!

 

3