CBB 1: Chief’s Bench Break
29 2 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hi, I thought of adding this break here to answer some questions and sharing my thoughts of the work so far and how I will progress it from here. I might still change some parts as stories progress and as Hololive continues in the real world. This does not mean I am copying their streams and content word for word, I’m just referencing an appropriate and easy timeline to follow.

So let’s start with the questions:

How did you get your idea?

So I read a few Hololive fanfics and they are all great in their own way but it was always taking the fantasy element and making a new world of self inserts that want to have fun with their oshi’s character. I wanted their streaming portions more included, involving a more goofy experience when Chief interacts on stream. It’s also a selfish wish for a fun executive like Yagoo to join in streams more often, which Chief will fulfil the role as a manager and hands on technician. Clips and streams have been the driving force for this novel, making me feel motivated to catch up and make my own funny moments during their streams, alas I’m taking it slow with the chapters.

Harem?

No, very unlikely. For certain circumstances involving Chief and his love life, it will be explained and will continue to persist even in other universes for future reasons. However, this won’t stop the idols from trying to seek affection and love so I will still write dates, Valentines and juicy romance stuff. I will try to appease the romancing with some consideration to not hurt the girl’s feelings but I’ll do my best.

Who is Alice-chan and why is she OP like Chief?
So, Alice-chan is [SYSTEM], just modified by Chief to become more ‘alive’. I can’t be bothered to explain how the hell a system goes human but just take it as he learnt a skill in one of the previous [RUNS] and tested it on her. 

Is Chief the same character as your other novel ‘Black Bullet: Red-Eyed District’?

Yes, they are the same character, but in different periods of time. In Black Bullet, Chief is barely in the double digits, having to get rid of [SYSTEM] because of prior problems. Hololive shows him in his 63rd [RUN], quite impressive and has gathered a lot of skills and experience. 

However, this will beg the next question:

Will there be other novels of each of Chief’s Runs?

Definitely not, I chose the franchises I like and created a [RUN] for them while the others will become excuses from where he get skills or fillers like the {Little Segments}.

What are the Little Segments?
Think of them as little omakes that are still canon to Chief. Will I expand on them, maybe some but most are just grab a series and make fun with it.


Why are you taking so long?
I’m a compulsive writer that will jump to other ideas and write a bit before coming back. It also doesn’t help that I love reading and that frequently changes my writing style, which conditions me to re-read my work and find the style again. 

However, I have sworn that all my chapters are and will be free for all to read. Meaning, whenever I finish writing a chapter, I immediately publish it.

 

But seeing the dates between releases made me quite uneasy, so I might be planning to make a Patreon for $1 so people can look at my Google Docs and see my work. Think of it as behind the scenes or early previews. 

NOW THIS GETS INTO SPOILERS SO DO NOT PROCEED MORE IF YOU DO NOT WANT CHIEF’S IDENTITY TO BE MYSTERIOUS

 

Who is Chief?
Chief AKA God of Apocalypse, second son of Creation and the one who killed all Gods in the universe. After being killed by the God of Death (no hard feelings, they each had their own purpose) he was reincarnated onto PRIME EARTH (where we live) and taught by Creation (a retired Omni-God that didn’t really want to tend to his universe anymore). After learning the ways of humanity and understanding the ways of Gods, he is sent back to the universe and help fix the worlds from the mess of the Death of Gods. 

 

TLDR: He was God, died and became human. And came back as God but with thinking of humanity (however, it's the ideology, not the heroic thinking of saving everyone.) He still has his purpose of making sure Apocalypse of selected worlds are proceeded. 

Why does the Chief act like some sort of excited fan trying to support their oshi?
Firstly, Chief actually doesn’t have any emotions. He [NEGATE] it as it was affecting his earlier [RUNS] and decided to dispose of it. However, when needing to blend in or acting, he has to resort to having emotions to communicate with people. He developed a technique using [GATE] to give himself a false sense of emotions that needed to be cultivated to appear like he has emotions.

TLDR: Chief does not have emotions and uses his skills to make a false set of emotions to help him do his things

 

Secondly, and will be hinted in future chapters, this is Chief’s second time working on Hololive. His first [RUN] on THIS world was actually reckless since he wanted to get things done quick and sorted. So, he rushed, massacring nearly all the Gods and actually accelerated the end, causing it to reset again.
So, this time, after planning out properly on what to do with Hololive, Chief will do things better.

 

Thanks for taking the time to read and stay tuned for more chapters (if I get them done.)

0