A story from the past – pt 1
294 2 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Announcement
I was bored and decided to write something. I'm still too busy to do consistent releases, so it will be all for the next several weeks. My sister read this interlude-ish thing and went "Wow, that's so gay" and I was like "Really?" and read it again and it does feel kinda gay. I swear it ain't intentional

A dashing young-looking man who looked like an ancient scholar with long silver hair and silver eyes that seemed to shine in the dark was walking on a bridge made out of moonlight.

He wore a clean grey cloak and his feet were bare. Each step he took felt carefully measured and calculated and there was wisdom in his eyes, the kind only those who have experienced much and have thought much would have.

His hand was on his chin and he seemed to be very deep in thought and yet, every step he took would carry him thousands and thousands of kilometres and the bridge of moonlight under his feet would obediently lay itself under his feet.

He walked and walked, past planets and stars, past galaxies. He has spent countless aeons walking, lost in thought, still not coming to an answer.

One day he stopped. The previously gentle light of silent contemplation in his eyes was replaced with violently burning passion, its flames wild and tyrannical, ready to burn all that hasn’t been burned yet in its madness. His previously orderly appearance of a wise scholar turned into one of a sadistic maniac, a mad monster, a beast deriving joy from the agony of all living things.

In but a moment he turned into a devil ready to declare war against all holy and sacred, about to desecrate all creation for no other reason but primitive and wild pleasure.

Just as the corners of his lips began going up, all of emotion on his face disappeared, replaced with complete dullness. It was as if he was no longer a living being, he was a soulless lifeless doll.

Emptiness and boredom overtook any other emotion in his silver eyes. He sighed deeply and sat down on the bridge made out of moonlight. His gaze turned to the stars beside him.

The space was vast, its countless constellations crowded the black expanse and created a view that would overwhelm just about anybody with its grandness.

The man's tiny silhouette was truly insignificantly small in comparison to the endless galaxies in his view.

The man sighed again, lay on the bridge of moonlight and closed his eyes.

He was about to go into a deep sleep that would last for millions of years until there would be another thought or idea that would give him even an amber of interest or amusement again. And yet, just at that moment, he felt a ripple in the fabric of reality, a distortion in the space right next to him.

A middle-aged man in a grey robe stepped out of the distortion. He was rather handsome and his features were gentle. He quietly sat down on the bridge of moonlight next to the scholarly man.

“Caterpillar”

The scholarly man called out to the middle-aged man with his mind.

“Hello to you too, old friend. It has been a while, hasn’t it?”

A mellow and soothing voice said in the scholar’s mind.

“Why have you come?”

“I was wondering if you are still angry with me”

“I have nothing to blame you for, old Caterpillar. I can only blame myself from back then. Now that I have become Eternal, what do those things from so long ago matter?”

“And for me, the things I have done back then still haunt me to this day. To this day I still feel regret”

“Is that so? Why bother. No one is at fault. The past is in the past, everything was as it should’ve been”

The voice that the scholar said in his mind sounded lethargic and bitter. It was the voice of someone who has given up on everything in the world

“How about we talk in some other place? I think that you are right, that the things were the way that they should’ve been and yet, I still feel regret. Let’s talk for a while and maybe our regrets will not hurt as much”

The scholar sighed as if annoyed. He opened his eyes and looked at the man in front of him.

“You indeed are right. I do feel regret over what happened. I regret the past so much that I would kill you just to feel better. Too bad the Pontiff will not let this happen”

The middle-aged man smiled bitterly and shook his head. He stood up and raised his foot, causing space to bend and ripple

Just before he stepped through the distortion, he looked at the scholar and said with his mind

“If you want to talk about those things from back then, you know where to find me”

And he disappeared.

The scholar closed his eyes again and went to sleep.

Announcement
Yes, the man in a grey robe was Ralph. And no, those two weren't in a romantic relationship! Damn, I tried to make it sound mysterious like there was a big huge conflict between the two and there was a big past and to an extent, I managed to do just that. Just in a way I didn't expect. I really can't read this chapter in a different way now that my sister has pointed it out and I found this hilarious so I ain't changing it! Lol.

I will write other parts to it too but I'll stick them every now and again as the story is mostly about Victor. You can consider this as a bit of character background for Ralph

8