Chapter 8: “A Desperate Struggle.” (part 1)
9 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

World of Monsters

Volume 1

Chapter 8: "A Desperate Struggle." (part 1)

 

Right at that time, the monster tries to land a strong punch at Liam.

Makari yells:

"LIAM, WATCH OUT!"

He suddenly comes in and clashes fists with the monster.

It overpowers Makari and sends him flying through fences and walls.

Liam snaps out from his daze and starts running as fast as he can.

The monster growls, as if to signal the start of a hunt.

Liam this time, climbs on a house and then starts jumping from tree to tree, thinking:

"Unlike Shuro who can fly, this thing cannot!

I can just simply go from tree to tree and be safe! It will tire itself out and give up eventually."

Just as Liam was starting to feel hope, the monster bursts through a wall, and starts breaking the trees as if they are nothing.

Liam gets disturbed and thinks:

"OH NO!

THIS IS REALLY, REALLY BAD!!

UNLIKE OTHER MONSTERS I KNOW, THIS ONE HAS SUPER STRENGTH!

This one is no joke!

I must distract it somehow!"

As the monster is chasing Liam and bursting through fences and walls, Makari wakes up and with his mind still in confusion, sees that a lot of things are demolished and thinks:

"W-where am I...?

W-what just h-happened...?"

He suddenly hears the worried chirps coming from the top of his shoulder where an anxious cockatrice Shuro is looking at him.

He then says:

"H-hey Shuro, w-where is Liam...?

Wait...

NOW I REALIZE WHAT HAPPENED!

THAT MONSTER IS CHASING HIM!

GOD THAT THING IS STRONG!

I MUST HURRY AND CATCH UP TO THEM!"

Few minutes later, Liam looks behind and sees that the monster isn't following him anymore.

He gets really happy, but as the adrenaline is starting to weaken, he also gets really tired, so he hides into a dark bush, hoping that he escaped and that it won't find him.

After a minute, he sees that the monster still isn't here, so he gets even happier and thinks:

"Oh god, even though my legs are giving out, but, in the end, I escaped that mutated fish thing!"

Suddenly, he gets really scared as loud footsteps are heard and vibrations cause him to shiver.

He screams inside his mind:

"OH NO!

THAT THING IS RIGHT HERE!

WHAT SHOULD I DO, WHAT SHOULD I DO?!"

As the monster is slowly walking, Liam thinks:

"This isn't the first time that my life is in danger, but this is the first time where I feel this hopeless!"

Liam tries to change his position, but unfortunately, his fear causes him to make a mistake and he breaks a dry branch, causing a loud noise.

He silently yells:

"Damn you, you stupid sti-"

The monster stops walking and starts growling.

Suddenly, it charges and quickly rips the bush apart, raising a cloud of dust.

Liam reacts really fast and somehow, dodges its jaws, thinking:

"OH THAT WAS TOO CLOSE!

I DON'T KNOW HOW MUCH LONGER I CAN KEEP DODGING LIKE THIS!"

Monster's huge hand bursts through the dust and grabs Liam.

He tries to do anything to escape from its grip, but fails.

As it (monster) is just about to crush him, Shuro suddenly dives from above and uses his beak to bite the creatures neck, injecting it with venom.

The monster roars from the unexpected pain as the venom is starting to circulate through its bloodstream. It throws Liam onto the ground and uses its huge hands to chase Shuro away. This creates a gap which Makari was waiting for.

He quickly jumps into action from the monsters blind spot and hits the beast into one of its four eyes. He then lands next to Liam who is still in shock, and puts him over his shoulder. He them begins to dash away as fast as possible while Shuro is flying above them.

 

 

 

 

To be continued...

0