Chapter 10: “Desperate Struggle” (part 3)
10 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

World of Monsters 

Volume 1

Chapter 10: "Desperate Struggle" (part 3)

The monster tries to punch Makari again, but this time, he catches its fist and, unexpectedly, throws him five meters away.

He (Makari) puts his hands on his head and starts growling and roaring again, thinking:

"W-what is happening to me?!

I can't controll my whole body!

I feel really angry because of what that thing did to Shuro!

I m-must be i-in con-troll…!"

Then he roars:

"RRRAAAAAAAAWWRRRRR!!"

As Makari is fighting the monster, Liam gets really frightened and thinks:

"What is happening to Makari?!

Oh no…

These moves,

Like I've already seen them before…

No,

NO!

IT CAN'T BE!

IS HE THE ONE WHO HAS SLAIN MULTIPLE MONSTERS INCLUDING THAT HUGE, MINDLESS MANTIS A FEW DAYS AGO?!

NO WAY!

I MUST RUN AWAY!

But if he survives…

He would find me and then… God knows what.

DAMMIT I EITHER DIE HERE OR RUN AWAY AND LOOK OVER MY SHOULDER FOREVER!

I MUST FREE MYSELF FROM THIS FEAR!"

As Liam is standing there frozen, the monster stands up and starts charging at Makari.

He (Makari) realizes that the monster is coming towards him, growls and also starts charging.

Monster tries to punch him, but he avoids the punch and strikes the monster in the guts multiple times, pushing it two meters away.

Makari comes right next to it and this time punches the monster straight in the head, roaring.

After he did that, he started punching it over and over again as much as he could.

The beast retaliates by punching Makari straight in the guts.

He (Makari) gets thrown away over ten meters, and ends up spitting blood.

Strangely, Makari doesn't react to the wound and continues attacking the monster again and again untill it has had enough.

The creature roars, roughly grabs Makari and starts punching him right in the head. Makari manages to slip out of the creatures grip and prepares to continue the battle.

The monster is enraged because Makari managed to get out of its clutches. In a fit of rage it launches a new attack towards Makari.

Makari roars again, catches its abnormal fist and sinks his claws deep into its flesh. He then rips its whole arm off.

Makari then thinks:

"I am slowly gaining controll over my body! There is a chance I can win this one, but at what cost!"

He growls and punches the monster right on the chin as strongly as he can.

Unfortunately, the monster uses all of its strength to charge like a rhino and headbutts Makari so hard that it sends him flying fifteen meters away, making him semi unconscious.

Makari falls onto the ground and stands on his knees. With his eyes wide open, he thinks::

"Have I j-just l-lost…?

Am I going t-to… to die…? "

He starts to spit out a lot of blood, and right after that, sees Liam running away frightened as the Sun is slowly rising from the horizon.

He thinks:

"L-Liam is running away…

Wait a second,

LIAM IS RUNNING AWAY!"

He suddenly gets fully concious and thinks:

"That idiot!

That bastard!

That moron!

THAT COWARD!

I KNEW HE WOULD BE USELESS AND RUN AWAY JUST LIKE THAT!

IT IS ALL MY FAULT!

I SHOULD HAVE KILLED HIM AT THE START!"

As Liam is running away, he (Liam) thinks:

"I either die there or run away!"

Makari struggles to stand up, but succed as he yells:

"LIAM YOU BASTARD, I SHOULD HAVE KILLED YOU AT THE START!

RRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWRRRR!!!!!"

Liam suddenly turns around with his eyes wide open loudly saying:

"OH NO, HE IS STILL ALIVE?!"

For the last time, Makari squeezes out all of his remaining energy to try and kill the monster, still not having complete control over his body.

Monster roars back and starts charging at Makari with all of its strenght.

As Makari is running while roaring, he prepares himself to clash fists with the monster.

At that moment, the monster suddenly gets turned into stone just as Makari's fist clashed with it, breaking the creature into multiple stone fragments.

Makari sees that the monster got turned into multiple stone fragments and thinks:

"Wait a second…

Was the monster turned into…stone?!

It can't be!"

Makari fully regains control over his body, slowly turns around and spots Shuro whose eyes stopped glowing red.

Makari starts crying because of how happy he is and yells:

"Shuro you're alive!

And you turned that monster in stone plus I've got the full control over my body!

Wow, cockatrices sure do grow up so fast!"

The cockatrice happily chirps while getting tightly hugged by Makari.

 

As he is hugging Shuro, Liam comes back saying:

"Hey, you and Shuro are alive!

I was going to call for help!

But looks like you've managed to kill that monster!"

Makari stops hugging Shuro, growls and punches Liam while saying:

"Yyou, yyou bastard!

How can you come back and lie straight into my face…?!

You were just standing there like an object and later on started running away!

And worst of all, you caused all of this!

I gave you food, drink and a place to live!

I should have killed you at the start."

Liam gets really frightened and then worringly says:

"Hey, easy now, its not how you think it is!"

To be continued…

0