Chapter 447: April’s Top Gunner… BVB!
190 0 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

This is a work of fiction and a lot of unresearched and obviously controversial topics so don't bash my trashy work too much.

Out of sight, out of mind.

That's literally how Alexander considers every other Simpson, Simpsons, and Simpsonses out there.

Even the Simpsons animation project was out of his main focus by the time that that visit was over.

Not that it's something to be left in disregard, it's just that it's in its phase of development so it's best to be on the backburner in the meantime.

Also, as far as he's concerned, that was the last of his long list of agendas in that very month of March.

Which is relevant, especially with April rolling in...

Not that everything beforehand should be disregarded, however, it is just that some things need to have precedence.

The precedence of 'being what should be currently and presently taken care of'.

With tax filing just being the least of it.

Still, the IRS's ire is actually one to look out for. Alexander wouldn't want to mess with them.

After all, in this world, nothing can be said to be certain, except death.... and taxes.

Death was something he skirted around, given that this is his re-life and all.

Taxes, however. Yeah... he didn't want to take his chances. 

Yet, he did employ some tricks to get around it. So, this all was just roundabout.

--------

Accordingly, April wasn't relegated to just be about that.

Alexander wouldn't be Alexander if he had no business to be busy with.

If he had nothing to do... that's got to count as one of the worst April Fool's jokes there is...

In any case, whatever could it be?

Warhammer 40K, supposedly slotted for this time of the year, was clearly out of that question... but he did litter quite a few easter eggs that are befitting of this Easter season.

Like Rimuru... a blue roundish slime that he's literally littered around the expanse of Dragon Quest.

Only to serve as the foundation for 'That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime'.

Then again, 'that time' was still far into the future and not yet to be enacted in the present.

Interestingly, he's also inserted Battletoads into TMNT in-comic lore. For the kicks.

Yet in all actuality, he would've much preferred to insert the punch-fighting toads into something else.

Specifically for more cohesion on video game antromorphs. Something that Alexander had big plans for... but he wasn't too sure just yet.

Which is also why the release of the Battletoads video game was slated to only be further down the line.

Technically, not now.

Which brings Alexander's train of thought to Yoshi. Mario's fictional and rideable dinosaur companion... mashed into Dragonball.

Not as an indication that he'll develop something like Yoshi's Island... but as a way of hindering Nintendo's own development of things.

He's not really one to take a competitor down a peg... but he does peg down when he can...

Yet all of that rambling effectively just crossed out his easter eggs... and has not really pinpointed toward the top priority of April that he was gunning for.

Alexander could only ponder at the pandering of his expositionary mind.

Anyways, to cut things short... one of his projects of the month was actually just another Top Gun expansion.

Top Gun: BVB to be exact.

--------

--------

--------

Confused?

Don't be.

Actually, you should be...

Since you're not the only one.

Just what is BVB? Must be what a lot of people wondered.

Especially with the first B facing the other way and stretched out... to mirror the B on the other side.

Then again, when they looked at it. The whole BVB acronym was designed to look like a fighter flyer's badge.

Quite cool! Yet confounding...

Accordingly, they were just as confused as to why it had Top Gun plastered on it.

This is April, after all.

Which is just about a full year since Top Gun graced the big screens... of cinema theaters.

And just about a full year since Top Gun: Flight and Fight graced the small screens... of their Chaos-ed televisions.

Still, weren't these Top Gun-ning releases released around May of last year?

Why so early? Was Creed making a fool of themselves or taking them to be fools? April fools?

Either way, the theme that should be approached for this month is Watchmen... and perhaps even nukes.

Becuase of Chernobyl, Chornobyl...

Oh, wait... never mind... why confuse themselves by opting to just stare at what 17/18 had in display?

Creed Chaos gamers mostly shook their head at their blunder.

Why not just go to their local comic book store to get themselves acquainted with the what's what?

It's already become a habit of theirs, anyway.

In any case, it really was confusing at first but when they got to where they wanted to go... it mostly cleared up.

Somewhat...

As BVB... is actually just Beach Volley-Ball.

So... Top Gun: Beach Volley-Ball!

At that revealing realization, perhaps many gave a chuckle or two. Or maybe noncommital all the same.

Seriously, why not just spell it out?

Also, couldn't volleyball just connote to the letter V?

Though, admittedly, the Top Gun plus BVB flyer badge theme is a nice touch.

-------

Theatrics aside, the video game was still purchased as is...

It's the 17th Creed video game, after all.

As for its content... it's Top Gun but about volleyball on the beach!

It wasn't important for the plot... but it was in the plot...

With the beach, competition, manliness, and a whole lot of tan! And abs!

How could anyone forget that?!

Especially so, whenever Marshmello's 'Playing with the Boys' played.

Just how fittingly awesome it was that said song got gamified, with it being the game's tune itself.

As for the game's content itself... it allows the player to choose any of the Top Gun cadets.

From Maverick and Goose... Iceman and Slider... Wolfman and Hollywood, and so on... in a duo combo of pilots and RIOs, with specific stats.

Essentially an option for one to be a part of that manly scene and then play beach volleyball! Albeit in 16-bit pixels.

There's also left, right, side to side, set, spike, block, and a whole lot of moves to learn, with the goal to volley the ball across the net... back to back. Specifically, on the beach.

What more could nerdy gamers like them ask for?!

Oh yes... it's not just the option to insert yourself in a hunk character. It also has the option to insert 3 others in the game.

Relevant, since beach volleyball is a 2v2 or 4-man game at its best.

Fortunately, an accessory that allows 4-player gaming has been introduced already.

So, in a way, Quadruple Trouble and Multi-Chaos all the way!

------------

To be honest, Alexander just wanted to bolster the people's interest in that new add-on some more.

To add on some more sales and profit, obviously.

Of course, he considers Top Gun: BVB to be a novelty game as it is... 

Those who love Top Gun will want it... but in the spirit of not ripping his fanbase off... it has some additional 'U.S. Championship V'Ball' and 'Kings of the Beach' gameplay expansion to it.

After all, he's got to give credit to his "inspirations" and all, for this video game about beach volleyball.

Technically, the start of April 1987, novel-wise. April Fools, either way, so why not beach volleyball.

And as a note, I've started writing and posting other things... I have too much hesitation with this fanfic now that I'll write and do other things in between. Some monkeys won't get it, but you get what you get! Haha.

9