Chapter 118: Disappointing Authorizations
589 3 29
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

With all the success that RoboCop had accrued in its relatively new run along with Predator opening up a lot of potential for Creed Comics, Alexander's 6 plundered franchises were finally completed and became assuredly his.

It was due time to stabilize the comic book business for the rest of the year. Giving 6 titles to society and the industry should be more than enough in 1984 as anything further would be too much.

The Creed buyers would probably buy any other title they would release though but Alexander and Creed Comics wouldn't be able to handle much more of it.

With 50 people, the company's hands are already filled with what they've got. Alexander also has other responsibilities to handle, so his productivity bursts became stumped for the moment.

However, when the underway expansion plans are finally done, the viability of handling and adding more comic titles has already shot up.

Besides, the copyrights of his next plunder projects had already been snagged before the original creators could even think of making it work.

The 1984 plundering quick swipe and copyright lawsuit problems would be down to the point of being riskless from that point forward.

Of course, there are still risk plunders that should be met once in a while but Alexander could only adapt strategies when he really wants that specific franchise as his own.

Even if it is missed, one could only move on and pick from the abundant plunderable franchise from the sea of franchises in his memories.

Either way, Alexander has already won out big time and his successive successes have already gotten him to look forward to the future.

-----

Of course, it wasn't all smooth sailing though as an October test venture was below expectations.

It wasn't about the adult market tester that is handled by RoboCop or the horror market tester that is factored in by Predator: Slaughterous Hunt.

They are still phenomenal wins that are still ringing shocks to the market after all.

The one that truly letdown is the secret franchise costume authorization that old Sullivan handed towards his old clothing industry contacts.

Halloween should be about costumes and cosplaying, making it the perfect time for Dragonball clothing, TMNT shells, and ThunderCat attires to be up for sale.

Since Creed Entertainment still hasn't been readied for that industry, then outsourcing was the perfect experimantal gauge to how it would turn out.

It was against the Creed initiative to always handle things themselves but it was a necessary move. The dissapointing costume results practically gave the experimental authorization move its best reason.

It resulted in a disappointing turnout overall with the costumes not holding up and the sales just being not up to the usual Creed standard.

Only the blue Goku 'gi' was the best seller because Dragonball has been the prime motivation for kids to take part in a martial arts dojo in past months. They weren't even bought for the purpose of Halloween.

The Predator Volume Books had pretty much gotten the market's attention drawn towards it during the costume-wearing period.

Fortunately, it was just a test and an authorization deal that only made money and minimal damage to Creed Comics. It wasn't a failure but just a 'disappointment' after all.

As for the costume-making companies that asked for the authorization, they were already hoping to move on to the next best thing.

There were a lot of lessons to take from it though and Alexander had taken it to himself to analyze why the costume authorizations didn't gain much traction.

He had already gathered many reasons from it and Alexander had pretty much enforced to himself as to why the franchise handling should always be internally managed and not haphazardly outsourced.

The companies that worked on the Creed franchise costumes just didn't have much motivation and drive to earn much money from it.

The fact that they aren't complaining much to Creed Comics is that they were already expecting themselves to only earn as minuscule as possible.

In their minds, a comic book upstart could never hope to catch up to established companies and even the ultra-popular apparel from films like Star Wars.

In the scheduled Halloween costume release, how could Creed costumes even hold up to skeletons, pumpkins, ghosts, pirates, and other established Halloween costume staples.

These outsourced companies were only looking for diversifying their selection and nothing more.

Their collective mindsets could already be deduced from the shoddy products they've been retailing to costume stores. The Goku blue martial gi was the most viable while the rest were just undesirable flops.

The most simple design was clearly the easiest to recognize and the easiest for the costume departments to make.

The rest of the Creed characters in the selection roster were just way too otherworldly and complexly designed. Their designs drew the eyes of the readers in pages and panels of comic books but were hard to make happen in the real world.

The other addition to these costume complications is that costumes themselves are a small market to tap into. Halloween was the costume season but it stops there.

The costume companies could not be blamed for not having a rising and abundant market to sell their products toward.

Alexander understood that as well as it is still the 1980s and not 2010s when the nerds of Comic-Con and anime otaku would bring an insurgence to the costume industry... they even took it as far towards the shirt industry with Youtube Merch and Japan being the biggest initiators.

The era still wasn't right but at least the Creed franchise had a much better viewpoint on how to tackle the industry.

Alexander had already planned to pull out the authorizations after the contracts expire and plan to handle the costume industry along with the peripherals that need better overseeing as well.

Just as Thanos took up his Infinity Gauntlet wanted to get the job done himself because of all the failures of his pawns, Alexander had no choice but to 'Fine... I'll do it myself' as well.

The disappointing costume debut and the low-levelness of the experimentally pawn-like outsource costume companies just weren't cutting it. Since Alexander's personal intervention has always worked out well, then that wouldn't stop him spearheading another industry venture once again.

If the franchise expansion needed to be done right, then Alexander's past-future inspirations and emulations should be enough to trump the 1980s costume industry's stable but small trend.

Of course, that grand clothing and costume ambition has to wait for quite some time as he is still cooped up with other things.

Creed Comics' title expansion was already on standby after all, so there was no need to jump into another Creed branded industry as there are other Creed brands already in the queue.

-----

As disappointing as it was to see a disappointing Creed experimental venture, a balance has to be ensured for the stability of a business.

Nothing can be rushed and Alexander knew that. This is why his November schedule was preoccupied and fully focused on everything involving toys.

Comic books were a win while costume authorizations were shaky and unsteady.

Toys and the jump to the toy industry should be the continuation of the comic win and the redemption for the costume letdown.

Creed Toys was hard at work since the creative team was established and Alexander's grand toy vision was slowly but surely falling into place.

This is a work of fiction and a lot of unresearched topics so don't bash my trashy work too much.

29