Chapter 120: Tower or Crumble
586 3 32
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Eventually... December did come. A lot has been leading up to this last month of the year.

Specifying its lens to the point-of-view of the comics industry and listing it all up just goes to show how eventful things had been.

Creed Comics' continuous bonanza of high selling and conceptually great stories has wowed the comic book industry and has mostly ruffled up the rest of society that is outside of it.

It can be said to be quite significant with comic books themselves slowly being a medium that everyone would have at their homes.

The March debut of Dragonball and slowly elevated by the release of quirky but appealing Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and the grand epic of the ThunderCats.

The 3 titles became a refreshing trio that changed the mind of a lot of people when it comes to comic storytelling. Its regularly scheduled and incessant release week after week also introduced people into an activity to look forward to.

The survey, popularity polls, and popularity ranking posters just elevated the comic book store experience even more.

When The Cybertronian Chronicles finally introduced the 4th story to follow, every Creed comic reader that has already been swept up by the story coherence can't wait to grab another storyline to follow.

By the time Volume Books were out to be sold, the customers finally an elevation of the comic story's worth, value, and longevity. As books were easily stored, heavily texted, and quite re-readable if one wants, the utility of Volume Books became clear to all.

Why would they re-read what has already been read? Of course, that is to be entertained.

Volume Books just offered a more visually pleasing way to do it while also telling a continuous story all throughout.

All in all, with the succession of those factors, the indispensability of the throwaway and disregarded paper medium was made stable for the long term.

Everyone interested wanted to collect the Volume Books and everyone interested wanted to follow the stories of Creed titles as time passes.

Comic books became akin to a long-running TV show that you look forward to whenever it shows a new episode, with the benefit of being able to rewatch it every time you want... that is of course if you bought your own issues and Volume Books.

That is still taking into account that 'everyone interested' is still contained within a niche market of already established geeks, nerds, and comic book fans.

It hadn't stopped there though as the Creed movement created an expanding buzz and gathered the interest of a large demographic of children over the summer.

The children that were busy with school finally realize what the Creed comic fun was all about and wanted to join in on it. It was fine if they weren't able to join in on the limited single issues though as the premise of Volume Books would be enough to catch them up on what they missed.

'Everyone interested' grew further in numbers as the summertime went on and eventually coalesced into a great collective implosion by the time school was back on everyone's agenda.

From there, the age demographic slowly shot up as the timely release of the society-mirroring RoboCop strangely appealed to the parents who were just hoping to appease their kids.

A cyborg cop wasn't just cool enough for the children, Alex Murphy's story was strangely reflecting a cautionary tale into adults about a dystopian society that they can't help but feel to be part of.

The 5th Creed story only served to shoot up the industry further with the market growing and the age limit expanding... probably old people who just wanted to share things with their grandchildren can't help but join along with the 'hip' paper medium of the era.

As RoboCop hooked in parents, the 6th Creed title of 1984 roster served to expand a niche genre. Predator hooked people in as a perfect horrific being to come into everyone's lives while they are still in the spirit of Halloween.

The horror genre was tapped and the industry that was informed about the next Octoberian horror releases could only look forward to it. The terrifying creature that hunted soldiers needs to be explored further as their true agenda for everything has yet to be explained.

The succession lead up and synch quite timely and the comic book industry became somewhat less of a niche. 350,000 copies per issue isn't exactly that big compared to the world's population but the fact it sells out every time is already indicative of how far stuff has reached out to.

Of course, the final boom of everything came from 'The Terminator' film that was way too far from the paper medium but also somewhat congruent to it with the mechanical human RoboCop.

The synchronicity of a law enforcement cyborg and a time-traveling assassin "cyborg" was only the elevating climax though as November had raised everyone's expectations up.

ThunderCats, which releases only once a month, released up to the 10th issues while the rest of the less-than-tenner titles followed suit. ThunderCats #10 plus RoboCop #10 and The Cybertronian Chronicles #10 had already hyped up everyone that could be hyped.

The expectations could not be shot up any further as the relatively high numbered Dragonball and TMNT also racked up their November releases to reach Dragonball #20 and TMNT #20.

Creed fans from geeky nerds, children, teens, parents, and everyone else not fitting those categories had already guessed what's coming next.

They didn't complain about the disregard for release schedulings though as the blatant divisible by ten issues has already set their adrenaline high.

Even they didn't know themselves why they were caught up in such a simple trade paperback release. They already read the stories, they were already spoiled of the ten amazing issues that were put out, and they should just lookout for the next thrilling story arcs to come out.

However, there was just something about the heavy and collated Volume Books that called out to them. They also can't help but exclaim at Creed Comics' timing though as the Holiday season really bulked everyone enough with cash as their bosses and corporations were generous with things.

The #10s and #20s were clearly a baited heads up to everyone. It is as if Creed Comics were telling them that it knows you have money, so all they have to do is pay up and it'll deliver.

Whatever the explicit message truly was, the comic buying crowd has already readied themselves as they already kitted up bookshelves to cater to the organized and eye-pleasing spine books that Volume Books always has.

If Creed Comics want a piece of their bonus, then they'll gladly take up the challenge.

Even teens that don't have the luxury of being loaded were already racking up ideas to get the money. The little children had it much simpler as they were listing out Creed Volume Books for the Santa Clauses that should know that they were nice all year round and don't deserve coal.

-----

A lot of things from the past few months really stacked up with one another and December is the time that the stack would compile further.

Whether it towers up further or goes crumbling down, it is still figuratively expanding Creed Comics either in height or in its widened reach.

This is a work of fiction and a lot of unresearched topics so don't bash my trashy work too much.

32