Chapter 153: Collaborating and Pitting
544 4 27
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The trend of Mattel or any other toy company to make use of other industries as another exposure avenue was not quite surprising or new in any way.

It had to be said that the 80s was the Golden Age of Animation but it is also the era where every animation project is considered to only be advertisements for toys that are going to be sold.

G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero is an animated TV series that started in 1983 and has been pulling toy buyers since then. Even Hot Wheels from 1969 have been somewhat of an integral help in the toyline's widening.

Even a Barbie comic book initiative was not new as they have Barbie and Ken issue that debuted sometime around 1962.

It contained a weird selection of panels though as it mostly hovers around Ken and Barbie is the most perfect couple there ever is. Even Barbie is juggling a lot of professions with ease as if she was some immortal with way too much time in her hands.

In essence, even Mattel thought that was weird and hasn't made some attempts in comic authorizations by that much. However, the rise of Creed Toys finally made them turn their attention to that image print industry once again.

Creed Comics essentially powered the success of its toy equivalent, so Mattel just wanted to boost their existing properties by emulating that strategy.

The Mattel jumping initiative did not go unnoticed by the comix industry in any way as the toy company has been advertising the initiative as soon as they can through their well-established advertising channels.

Every established publishing company that wasn't Creed Comics was roused as they want that Mattel partnership. If all goes well, then their comic properties having successful toys like Creed Toys could very well become an easy reality.

Deliberations from the toy giant were underway and comic book companies were eager to get ahead of their competition.

Eventually, the prospects of a symbiotic relationship between the toy and the comic books industry were given great attention by anyone industry.

Other toy companies were awakened by Mattel's initiative and partnerships across the two fields were on their way to being established.

It was quite an improvement to how things have been as the coalitions that were formed were truly thinking of making their endeavors come out on top.

If they can't be a singular initiative like the successful Creed companies, then they could still try their best by going with inter-industry collaborations.

----

The emulating vendetta against Creed Comics and Toys was just the tip of the iceberg though as there were still other prospects that they could attack from.

Publishing competitors have been thinking of methods against the powerful Creeds since the last months of 1984 and they've been employing it ever since.

Among such initiatives was poaching from the success story. Ever since Creed Comics has been rising, poaching of the people from the creator list has been quite frequent.

They weren't able to win out though as the employees were unexpectedly loyal. They might have leaked some stuff here and there but it really didn't amount to much.

In essence, the poach strategy didn't garner anyone a win in any way.

It would seem that the competitors may have learned their lesson to not deal with seemingly stubborn old-timers of Creed Comics as they were turned their attention to the fresh recruits that may have not yet been indoctrinated.

The Creed recruitment notice has been quite a stir and everyone has been employing their means since then.

It was too bad once again that their employee turncoating plans haven't really amounted to any form of success.

The recruits of Creed Comics were quite comfortable in their employment that they hadn't really paid attention to the comic Big Two and others.

It was a futile and pointless initiative that devious editor from DC was grumbling about it. "Are our enticement efforts not enough to tempt anyone at all?"

"Perhaps it is better that we don't consider that option anymore as the ones we're trying to switch to our side are clearly newbies that would only do more harm than good in our production team." Sighing editor of DC was quite happy that his 'Crisis on Infinite Earths' was already moving forward but he still had to sigh at the stupid tactics of his devious peer and unqualified executives.

"Yeah, yeah. You're the most sensible of all of us." Devious editor praised in sarcasm against this sighing rival of his. He didn't put much mind to such a goody-two shoer though as he gave out his card. "Putting aside that intervention, I've gotten wind about a certain something that we could use against Creed."

"Oh." A DC executive didn't really care much for the editor feud but his attention was grabbed by something that could dent Creed Comics. "What's it about?"

"Well... it's about Alan Moore." Devious editor grinned.

"What's Alan Moore got to do with Alexander Creed or Creed Comics?" The executive was confused. "Is he considering to join under that publisher or has he already joined?"

"He was asking for a story authorization or a collab of sorts but my sources tell me that he's been denied." The source or the information wasn't much but everyone in the DC meeting was intrigued.

The 'denied' part definitely got their attention as they felt that they got a comrade in their plight. However, 'sighing' editor's skepticism was present. "What's that got to do with us then?"

"Since we can't budge much of the people they've already hired then we could still use those that they've rejected." Devious didn't care for his editor rival and went on. "Think about it, shamed and rejected people that are rising up and ready to fight back and show their aggressors what they've got!"

"Creed Comics hired non-comic professionals and didn't consider the established veterans after all. Let's just teach snobby Alexander Creed that dismissing industry seniors is the biggest mistake of his career!" Devious editor was truly quite excited in using devious means.

His means were still misty though but an executive that shared his mantra got the message. "Oh... wait. I know what we could do."

"Then, I do hope your idea is the same as mine." Devious grinned at a higher-up that shared his passion.

"What are you guys thinking about?" Sighing editor really wanted to palm himself. "Would you mind sharing with the group?"

"It's quite simple really." The devious executive divulged their linked deviousness. "We're just going to pit Alan Moore against Alexander Creed. Moore can't beat Creed in other aspects but there is no way that Moore can be beaten in his special style."

"What's this Moore guy's specialty?" An executive through nepotism can't keep up and asked. "Can this guy even best someone like the Creed guy?"

"It's sort of dark theme with hints of anarchy. Just read V for Vendetta and Miracleman." A knowledgeable executive explained. "Moore has a special spin to comic storytelling and has quite a special status in the industry."

"Isn't Alexander Creed a versatile storyteller?" Sighing editor butted in but he could only sigh again as the mood in the meeting was already set.

Everyone considered the prospects of the plan and they were pretty much on board with it.

Seriously! Everything they're considering doing is pointless, especially against the mysterious Alexander Creed. In sighing editor's opinion, that man was a monster whose true capabilities are still unknown.

The Creed creator practically raised the comic industry to great heights, gave attention to the horror genre, and even recently uplifited February with a romance style.

Moore's style was impressive but who's to say that Alexander wouldn't know it too.

This is a work of fiction with a lot of unresearched topics so don't bash my trashy work too much.

I guess we meet with Sighing and Devious editor once again.

27