Chapter 181: Making an Ace Attorney
508 3 23
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
This is a work of fiction and a lot of unresearched topics so don't bash my trashy work too much.

Alexander was quite surprised by his grandfather's enlightening suggestion.

It would seem that the old man's penchant for finding parallels and relations between the comic titles and his grandson's life did turn out well.

Although the Bizarre protocol was just meant to be just bizarre through and through, the Creed family's history did somehow correlate with the future Joestar migration.

Anyways, with the previous use of the Flawed Heroes protocol as a response to a major external stimuli like the Moore challenge, why not just use the Legalities protocol as well?

After all, it is a fitting response comic book that is just perfect for the legal controversies that plague Creed Comics.

As for what the Legalities protocol is... it is simply a slotted plunder of the Ace Attorney series.

It is simply a series of legal dramas set up to be an adventure video game.

It was developed by Capcom and they considered it to be one of their "strongest intellectual properties". As such, there was no way a serial IP plunderer like Alexander could pass up on that!

Of course, aside from that honor. It also happen to popularize visual novel games in the Western world.

An interactive fiction video game genre, featuring a text-based story with a narrative style of literature and interactivity aided by static or sprite-based visuals.

Anyways, it had interesting gameplay, game influences, distinguished playing mechanics, and all that but Creed Games hasn't been made yet.

Alexander's current need for it is mostly for its comic book feasibility and that is what he and the Creed Comics employees would be working on.

-------

Of course, as a crisis was pressingly looming and the chance to profit from needs to be taken seriously, the comic book production of the Legalities protocol was of great importance.

The stations for the pre-existent comic titles were progressing as it is while the rest worked on what Ace Attorney outlines that their little boss had given them.

It was quite a shame to set aside the other scheduled 'protocols' but there was no getting around it.

They were supposed to be a boon on Creed Comics title selection but they turned into a bane that the competition could exploit.

Anyways, the Legalities protocol is most fitting for the company's current plight and that is what they should put their focus on.

Everyone familiarized themselves with the characters, the story concept, the legal battles, and the true intent behind the making of it.

Anyways, Phoenix Wright, his cohorts, and future legal exploits were exciting to work on. However, the thoughts of these comic artists still inadvertently drifted to little boss praising as they always had whenever a new comic title is on their agendas.

A legal battle is set to go against Creed Comics but their little boss had the perfect comic book concept to thrive during that scenario... or maybe even other scenarios yet to be encountered.

The little boss did consider his 'protocol' naming for a reason. They were skeptical at first as to why their comic projects weren't called "projects" or anything close to that.

It would seem that their little boss chose "protocol" for the procedural response program it entails.

Bizarre protocol, Flawed Heroes protocol, and now... the Legalities protocol. Along with the hiatused protocols, the vaulted projects, and the other yet-to-be-inked concepts in their little boss' mind, it can be seen just how meticulously prepared and scarily creative their little boss is.

While other creators were making stories from inspiration and all that, their little boss added a corporate-like responsiveness to all of it.

In any case, as the Creed Comics employees worked on with their jobs as always, their little boss praising was high as well.

------

Alexander had no idea about how much 'little boss this' and 'little boss that' were going on in the minds of his comic-making team, he was much more focused on making sure that his legal-themed comic book would go as planned.

Making Phoenix Wright into the Ace Attorney that he is, isn't exactly an easy thing to do, after all.

He was conspicuous on the busy CREED second floor as he oversaw the busy zone with a creative and editorial drive. He clearly stood out but not just because of his boyish frame, but also because of his practiced managemental commands.

Which panel fractioning should be used here? How to translate the outline into a mixture of speech and image?

There is also the settling and transfixing of the art style to be used. Of course, it was no easy task to have the creative team leap from JoJo's art style, then the ultra-detailed and near-theatrical realism of Watchmen, and deconstruct back again to the streamlined but distinctiveness of the Ace Attorney comic book.

Fortunately, the non-veteran hiring came in handy in these scenarios as Creed artists need to be versatile to fit Alexander's versatile aesthetic needs. Having fixed and somewhat "entitled" comic-making veterans would only be troublesome hires. Either way, this is the major upside from the recruitment process that had also inadvertently led to the Moore incident.

The deliberations for the art style, paneling, pacing, and overall story flow can be quite the task but it was a good thing that Creed Comics' capabilities can now match up to a level that can accommodate their little boss.

Alexander had been doing these sorts of duties for over a year or so now and his accumulated experience practically burst forth during this production period.

Of course, a law practitioner comic book is quite a pioneering and unexplored territory in itself, so Alexander and his team had to make their adjustments and own improvements on it.

Pacing this from that. The usage of a narrative script and incorporation of legal-heavy terms. Making sure that the information is accurate and also making sure that it is entertaining as it is.

Of course, the advice of law-practicing professionals was needed to consolidate everything.

It had to be said that for some Creed titles, consolidating with professionals was needed as well.

For RoboCop, Alexander corroborated some policing knowledge from Mr. Security, who was quite geeky with police protocols and whatnot.

For The Cybertronian Chronicles, the team in charge of making and drawing the transformation sequences and the Cybertronians needed many and coordinated feedback from Creed Toys' toymaking team to reach the success that it currently has.

Of course, there are other matters that needed professional advising to give much levity and authenticity to the stories as it progresses.

To form the semblance of Ace Attorney, Alexander simply had to call out some law-practicing talents from the Creed legal team and consolidated everything.

Although he was a Creed creator known for versatility, some processes needed to take heed and advice from true law practitioners and professionals.

It doesn't just cut it when an author just slaps recognizable phrases like "Call on your Witness", "Order in the court", "Leading the witness", "Abstain", "Guilty", "Not Guilty" and all that to convince comic book readers after all.

From outlining, deliberating, and professional coordination, Ace Attorney was truly a matter of corroboration and coordination that was achieved from the consolidation of an entire production team.

Anyways, just as how hard and tedious it is for someone to reach the level of an "Ace Attorney" in real life, the process of making a comic book story about one is hard and tedious as well.

For what it's worth, Alexander had his grander plans and agendas in the making of it.

His rage and irritation from all the public clamorings were practically channeled into coordinated creativity and the entire production process.

For him, the making of an Ace Attorney isn't just about profiting from a legal crisis but also about fighting back and coming out on top.

Being angered and irritated was quite a rare occurrence for the calm Alexander and it was hard to tell what was to happen to the enemies who caused it...

Essentially, they had to bear its brunt and assess the upcoming consequence of it.

So... yeah... Legalities protocol is Ace Attorney.

23