Chapter 1
594 4 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

If I were to single out one event in my life, it would be my unexpected death.

I mean I was literally walking on the road and out of nowhere lightning hit me which is Sus. Even though my death was peaceful, it nevertheless ached to leave this world without having... You're thinking about sex, right? Well, sex is one among them, but I'm not talking about sex; I'm talking about a career. Yes, a job. What was I studying for? To acquire a respectable career, of course, but it appears that the heavens were against me since they fucking murdered me before I could do anything.

When I opened my eyes, I was in a large temple-like structure, similar to those seen in Manhwa or manga. At that moment, a deity appeared out of nowhere and gave me the chance to reincarnate anywhere I choose, despite the fact that they had accidentally killed me with a lightning bolt. I'm in a konsuba predicament. I accepted their apologies and wished to reincarnate in Overlord, my favorite light novel and anime universe. They made an odd grimace and informed me that if I went there, I wouldn't be able to survive long enough.

In answer to their concerns, I responded, "Then grant me the ability to become invisible." Just kidding, I requested them to grant me a respectable skill that will at least allow me to protect myself against the world's harshness. They paused for a few seconds after hearing my statements before consenting to my demands. As they told me about the expertise they would bestow upon me, I breathed a sigh of relief. It turned out to be some kind of darkness and unending abyss skill, which sounded quite interesting, and I appreciated them for it.

"And now I'm ready to go." A dazzling light fills the sky, blinding me, and then I felt a wave of anguish as if someone was tugging me somewhere, grasping my flesh firmly, and then I lost all my senses as my eyesight clouded.

~~~~~~~

A youngster may be seen resting down on a bed and embracing a pillow in a little house. He is, of course, Sam, who has been resurrected and iseka'd into a sort of mash-up of everything.

The sun rays struck his eyes. As he opened his eyes, he massaged it and yawned.

When he gazed around the room, he was taken aback.

"This is outstanding. All of the novels and animes lied about it. If you are iseka'd, you will begin in the jungle or dungeon. I've been reborn into another realm, where I'm resting in a comfortable bed and waking up in a good room. Thank you for showing that anime is a delusion."

He got out of bed and opened a neighboring window to see a large, broad expanse of grass with beautifully lined up trees, people wandering here and there, and children playing together. From such a lovely view, he was perfectly content that God had provided him with the finest conceivable starting point.

"Let's go explore the room now." He then turned his sight inside, his gaze darting over every area. On a Wooden desk beside the bed, he discovered a black bag with an insignia attached to it. As he got closer, he took it up and began looking for something helpful. He immediately saw a note inside, wrapped in a crimson ribbon. He cut the crimson ribbon, opened the letter, and began reading it.

[To Azaan]

I know you're upset with me, but please consider my circumstance. Sending you was the wisest option at the time. They would have killed you and your entire family if I hadn't intervened. I've already bought the house you'll be living in under your name and placed enough money in your pouch to last for years without working again. I sincerely hope you will forgive me. If at all possible, avoid returning to the Slain theocracy.

[Ramposa, the man you despise the most.]

That's... Difficult to swallow.

Sam paused for a moment before coming up with an explanation.

He said that he had transmigrated into the body of another individual named Azaan, who had been forcibly banished from his homeland of Slain theocracy by someone named Ramposa.

"Well, that's a painful story, but what does it matter? It's not like he's here to read this." As he snatched the pouch, he let the letter fall to the ground.

As he unzipped the purse, he discovered a plethora of gold and silver money.

"Thank you, Ramposa. I have no idea what you did to this man. However, these coins will greatly assist me in settling"

In reality, these coins will be quite beneficial to Sam. This money will be his savior in an unfamiliar nation where he is completely alone.

"Oh sh*t, I was so caught up in it all that I neglected to look at myself." He began looking for a mirror-like device in which to observe himself and, after some time, he discovered a little glass laying beneath the bed.

He pulled it near to his face after pulling it from under the bed. No, his new self, exactly.

He has blue eyes with long eyelashes, scarlet hair that resembles fire, and a face that can capture anybody with its appeal.

"..... I'm handsome mommmm I'm handsome" Sam was overjoyed and began bouncing about the room, immersed in the delight of having a handsome face. This may sound novel, but on Earth, where he resided, his visage was that of an ordinary person, which he despised the most throughout his time there. But here, with his attractive face, his prospects of marrying a lovely lady improved, which made him extremely pleased. You might wonder what kind of individual goes directly to marriage. That is none other than alias Simp Sam, who has never dated a lady in his life.

He was dancing in excitement when he realized something important and stopped dancing with a serious expression on his face.

The thing that made Sam stop dancing was the unexpected realization that he hadn't yet discovered his God-given gift.

He moves to the center of the room and concentrates on summoning his power.

""Come forth, darkness." There was no response. "System open status screen."

Nothing occurred this time, but he didn't lose up and tried again, although this time it was quite different from the previous tries.

"Where is my skill, you filthy gods? You fucking liars! Is your word worth this much?" Looking up at the ceiling, he cursed aloud.

But, as predicted, no response came from the heavens.

"Abyss." He had a thought.

"Why didn't I try this?"

Stretching his hands straight, he said "Come forth, Abyss." As soon as his word escaped his mouth, the room darkened, caused by an unknown dark fog. A Violet Fireball and a Dark fire Ball emerged from the darkness as it came closer to where Sam Was. Seeing all of this unfold, the inside of his eyes was quite chilled or calm, whatever you say. The two Fireball hovers circling his body for a quite long time before vanishing.

[The Abyss Lord Inspection has been completed].

[Awakening of power Will start in four minutes.]

[After the Awakening Procedure is completed, you will be able to check your newly earned stats in your Status box]

[COUNTDOWN BEGINS: 3:59]

As the voice finished his words, the room returned to normal as the sun rays returned, lighting the whole space.

"Well, that wasn't too hard" sam then waited for the countdown to Come to an end.

...

[Countdown: 10 seconds left]

I braced myself knowing that the great event was approaching.

[Countdown timer: 0 seconds]

[Beginning of the Awakening Procedure]

Suddenly, I felt a sharp ache in my brain, and my veins were in anguish as if something or someone was forcing something into them. My heartbeat was racing at an unfathomable rate. I couldn't handle the anguish and fell on my knees, writhing in agony.

My body was getting hot. My senses had become dull. Everything in front of me was blurring. I was becoming blind.

I couldn't take the pain any longer and scream with all my might.

[The Awakening Procedure has been completed]

[A skill set has been added]

[A new title has been added: The Abyss Lord]

[The Darkness has provided a new item: Dombus ring - description accessible in the Skill menu]

[Abyss Lord advantages: You may summon two shadows at will] (Note: Your summoning count will rise as your level increases.)

[Abyss Lord: You have been granted the subskill Necromancy.]

[Abyss Lord: Thanks to the gods' graces, you can utilize up to tier 10 Magic with ease.]

[Abyss Lord: Your main magic circuits rely on your black magic]

[Abyss Lord: The great gift of Awakening has been given to you: you can be invincible during the Full Moon]

(Description in the Skill menu)

[Abyss Lord: As the Lord of the Abyss, where darkness finds warmth and evil feels safe, you are granted two more Demon Servants that will obey your instructions without question.]

[Abyss Lord: A divine skill has been awarded (Miphoria), from which you can establish a distinct realm comparable to the creation of a world.] (Description in the Skill menu)

[Abyss Lord: The more species you possess, the higher your rank will rise.]

[ Abyss Lord Current rank: Beginner]

The sound of the system or whatever began without being asked to cease.

As I listened intently to them, I discovered that I was some kind of abyss ruler, which is fucking fantastic. By doing so, I will be able to see my friend Ainz much sooner than I had intended.

Furthermore, my skills are determined by my rank. If these are "beginning rank rewards," I'm curious about what will happen to me if I rank up more. I'm becoming more thrilled just thinking about it.

 

18