Chapter 3
457 2 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As the sound of birds chirping reached Sam's ears, he awoke from his slumber and looked beside him to see Arusa sleeping with her eyes closed, embracing his waist with a sweet face.

Sam stepped down, slowly taking her hand from his waist, and opened the windows, allowing sunlight to shine in and illuminate the room.

"Lord Abyss, you're awake," Arusa called out from behind Sam, who was staring at the beautiful scenery in front of him.

"Yeah, just woke up. Let's go have some breakfast, then we'll have to leave this place," Arusa listened to his Lord nod as she got down from the bed, changing her appearance into a human.

Sam can't believe she's a demon no matter how many times he stares at her.

Sam was leaving the Baharuth empire for good today. Although he will have to return here in the future for some events that he must carry out.

Sam had always regarded Ainz as an idol and a fantastic character whom he admired throughout his life, so meeting him was a major dream for him, but if he went to him the way he is now, his chances of surviving were little to none. That is why, like nazarick, he would want to change the circumstance by establishing his own nation. It may sound silly or insane, but Sam wants to create it because it is the only way Ainz will recognize him as a respectable partner. As a result, he'll remain in the shadows for the time being and watch the scenarios unfold.

Sam's aim for today was to build an Intel surveillance and spy unit. In overlord, he learned that in order to survive on this continent, one must accumulate as much information as possible.

And he has the ideal tool to accomplish his goal: Shadows.

They went to a little eatery to satisfy their appetite. They then hired a carriage and drove to the forest, which was directly next to the town.

They arrived at their destination after a 20-minute journey. They proceeded far into the jungle after paying the carriage guys the fee. Sam came to a halt when he reached fairly deep, as did Arusa as she awaited her lord's next command.

"Arusa, utilize your skill [Shield Dome] in this area." She cast the barrier around them, as instructed by sam.

When Sam saw that everything was complete, he performed the magic [shadow generate].

The magic generated a black vortex from which a black beam rose, creating a line and penetrating the sky.

When Sam saw this, he worried, but thanks to Arusa's protection, he recovered. The beam didn't proceed any further and collided with Arusa's barrier, which sucked the ray in.

After a while, the vortex vanished, leaving behind a humanoid whose entire body was shrouded in a dark fog. The most intriguing aspect was that, despite having all of the characteristics of a person, his face was blank.

[Shadow Made 1. Congratulations, you struck gold. Level-37 Shadow]

[Rewards for Shadow Creation: Zarigroth's Code has been Added to Your Skills]

(Description: Zarigroth code is a magical procedure that separates mana inside the user, rendering the opponent. It is important to note that it is just temporary.)

Sam heard the notifications from the system and was glad to realize he had more things to perform in his arsenal.

Sam As he got closer to the shadow, he told it to show itself, which was standing there still.

[Warning: The shadow is hesitant to heed your instruction.]

[A solution to this problem is in the process]

[Apply your deadly aura on him]

Sam then directed his evil energies against the shadow. He cast a fragment of his aura into the shadows.

The shadow detected Sam's aura, kneels before him, and speaks in a weak voice that sounded like a mouse talking.

"Chi, chii, I apologize to the Lord for my previous actions."

"Shadow, I'm going to give you your first assignment, which is really essential to me."

"Chii, chii, my Lord, I am honored; please tell me what you need, of me." The shadow uttered it confidently, yet it still sounded like a mouse.

Sam said in a deep tone, sounding like a monarch. "Travel to the north... Take a look at this map. Search for the open spot shown on the map with you and report back to me. That's it." Sam tossed the Shadow a map of the Overlord universe, which was based on memory. Sam described a spot on the map near the Plain Land bordering E-rantel, where The Nation of Darkness was born.

What was Sam trying to accomplish by sending the shadow to survey the area?

:It was only to confirm if Ainz had made his presence known or not.

If he did, it suggests that the village Ainz protected in the first episode is likely to be recovering from the prior harm. If the shadow reports it, Sam will proceed with caution.

If there's one thing Sam fears in overlord, it's the demiurge, and with his IQ, who wouldn't think he could easily topple an entire continent into a gigantic mess?

"Arusa , create some lesser demons."  She then summoned eight demon individuals that resembled humans with the flick of a finger. Three of them were female, while the remaining five were male.

They knelt in front of me, showing their respect for Arusa.

"Arusa, Command the-

"You don't have to do that, My Lord; you may command them and they will obey your instructions over mine."

"Oh, that's right." Sam checked their stats and discovered that they were level 45, which was higher than him.

"Okay then, we'll be leaving the city in a while, spread throughout the town, and if you see anything suspicious, inform me immediately, and if that isn't possible, execute them."

When they returned last night, Sam learned that the empire's troops had been detected near the town surveying the region, which led him to fear, but he quickly calmed down and decided to leave this town and the empire for good. And he knows who has led these forces here: Fluder Paradyne, the Baharuth empire's strongest mage. He must have sensed a mana fluctuation over here, and he wants to know what caused it. But Sam had no intention of being discovered just yet. Sure, he can demolish anything in his path, but it would be too dangerous and may bring him a lot of trouble in the future.

As Sam sighed, the demon's nodding vanished into thin air. Sam was having a difficult time adjusting to all of these new things that he believed would never happen, but being the person in this circumstance made him realize how difficult it is to implement, prepare, and begin.

They then returned to town and discussed their future plans.

"I truly need someone like Demiurge as a subordinate. Then I can delegate the planning and strategize to him "Sam said to himself.

....

Somewhere close to the forest

A squad of armed troops was surveying the area on horseback when they saw a dark beam light up the sky.

"What exactly is that?" A soldier from the group behind him said up. They all had the same question.

A soldier in that group, wearing a royal symbol on his white dazzling armor, also noticed the darkness before it vanished.

"Silence!" he said at the group, his countenance solemn.

" Sir What are our options? Should I go with the soldiers to find out what it was?" A soldier stepping down from his horse on foot approaches the white-armored soldier, seeking permission.

''No, there is no need for that. Well, directly head to the town, "the white-armored soldier said in a deep tone.

As they all made their way towards town, which Sam was well aware of,

...

Sam was sitting in the Merchant Heaven, the prior place where he had negotiated the purchase of an E-Rantel property.

The greedy old merchant stood in front of him, outlining the terms of his property deal to Sam.

"I hope you're happy with this, sir."

"I think it's not horrible." A demon communicated with Sam at the moment, alerting him that soldiers were closing in.

''I think it's earlier than expected. Well, it's not a problem though. My work is here all done, and Arusa has hers done too. I think by now, let's give them a welcome gift before we depart. " Sam thought inwardly, smiling with a creepy face, which scared the shit out of the old man.

.....

Soldiers from the Baharuth empire rushed in and began searching the entire area. As the people were being interrogated, the entire town was in a state of pandemonium.

In the town center, a white-armored guy stood holding an item called [Luminiam Myphor], which can detect mana and demonic energy. The item emits a brilliant yellow glow, suggesting the existence of Dark Magic.

"Our men have observed two persons fleeing into the jungle in a carriage, Sir, Brahmin."

"Interesting," dispatch our cavalry team to catch them, although I doubt it'll be beneficial because the artifact is still picking up evil energy in this vicinity, suggesting that whatever the old magician said is still lurking over this town. "Don't stop searching; keep looking," he instructed the soldier as they frantically resumed their search.

Commander Brahmin was undoubtedly astute, for if he had gone with the Calvary Squad to apprehend the two fleeing individuals, he would have been dead by now.

Why do you ask? Because Sam had already left town, and the carriage that was heading towards the forest was a demon's, who served as a distraction for the soldiers of the Baharuth empire.

Another reason why the artifact is still vivid light yellow. That's because Arusa sent demons to encircle the entire town in order to murder the Baharuth empire's troops in THIS town. Is Sam aware of this? He does not. It was surreptitiously commanded by Arusa behind her lord's back.

.....

"H-help...Please help, save me..." The village was filled with the screams of Baharuth empire troops being cruelly slaughtered one by one by the demons. The incident was so gory that if a regular person witnessed it, they would undoubtedly fall in horror. There was blood everywhere.

A soldier begged for his life with his right hand in front of a bloodthirsty demon who was playing with his prey.

"Please, I have a family at home. Please spare me. I swear I will leave this country p-please. " But his cries were ignored as the Demon sliced the soldiers' heads with a single sweeping movement of his sharp hand.

Commander Brahmin stood not far from the massacre,  staring at the bloodbath with an expression of fear, regret, and sorrow. Sorrow To see his fallen soldiers and fear of those blood-thirsty demons and regret was why he had agreed to come on this mission.

At the time, a soldier nearby who was fighting a demon yelled at the commander.

"Please vacate the area, Commander. We'll keep them here for now." The soldier who yelled was a fresh recruit who had lately joined the Imperial army with great aspirations, and the recruit had also been taught by Brahmin.

When he sees the kid he had just trained to sacrifice his life for him to escape, tears well up in his eyes, and he unsheathes his sword and leaps at the demon who was engaged with the kid.

'Listen to Me, Nimu, and don't dare to question My orders. Look to your right there, there's an alleyway. Go through it. There should be a horse tied to a rope right there. Riding that, leave the place immediately. '' While exchanging blows with the demon who Was standing there without a scratch on his Body He said to the boy Beside him.

"B-but-"

"No buts, Khhh, P-please hear me out and go immediately." The soldier goes into the alleyway, saluting his courageous captain for the final time. brushing away the tears that were falling from his eyes.

Observing the Kid He smiled again, his attention fixated on the Demon, who was also beaming at him.

"Come at me, you bastard," he said as he dashed towards the Demon with his sword drawn.

That was the day that the Baharuth Army lost one of its six command pillars.

Brahmin (late) (General)

.

.

.

.

The youngster dashed down the alleyway, without looking back for a second.

"T-there you have it, I can live." As General Brahmin had indicated, he noticed the horse bound by rope standing there.

He runs towards the horse and, after losing the rope, gets on top as he was ready to leave. As he glanced back to see what it was, the sound of someone laughing filled his ears, and when he saw the object standing behind him, his entire body lost power.

A female with gorgeous features, whose entire body was covered in blood, stood in front of him, about to take his life.

"Why, why, why, why, why, why?" The boy shouted in pain when he fell from the horse.

"Don't cry, please. I'll make it shorter so you don't have to suffer." The girl approached him, which he noticed, and began to beg for his life again, but he knew deep down that it would be futile. He had no prospect of being saved.

She punched the youngster in the face with her fists. The boy's skull exploded as soon as her fist impacted his face, releasing the contents of his brain.

The girl simply shakes off the flesh of her bloody clothes with her hands pressed on her ears.

"We carried out your order, Lady Arusa."

[Are the villagers safe?]

[As you said, we made them unconscious before we attacked the soldiers.]

[Now return to E-RANTEL]

...

"So this is the place.Woah, it really feels quite different in person.'' Sam said Looking at the city,

E-rantel, which will soon become a part of the Nation of Darkness.

"Master, Will the event you stated happen today?" Arusa inquired from Sam's left flank. They were on a tower of some kind.

"Well, that's the thing that i want to know as well, but don't worry, the shadow I sent will soon clear that question out of our heads, Enough babbling. Let's look for a decent inn. Tomorrow, we'll relocate to our new house or base, as planned " They both departed from the scene after saying that.

12