A House Goblin Vol.2
21 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It hastily climbed onto the bed with its skinny arms and legs, gripping onto the fabric of the blanket that hung to the floor, with the hook-like nails on its long and thin fingers, and it ran straight towards the pillow.
And as the creature slowly lifted the pillow under which the peasant kept a small pouch of hard-earned coins, it's large yellow eyes sparked with excitement, as it's evil grin grew from one pointy ear to another.
"Mine! Mine! Mine!" The raspy voice repeated with a hideous joy and greed, and without a moment to waste, the creature grabbed the pouch with both of its hands and carried it over it's shoulder, running quickly across the wooden boards with an evil laugh.
The creature in question was clearly a House goblin. As greedy as it can be, it is the most common of the household fae.
The goblin ran very quickly with its rat-like feet, dashing and jumping, leaving the footprints on the dusty floor comparable to those of a rat, while the coins clinked inside the freshly stolen pouch.
But in an instant, the goblin's vile grin turned into awe, as he bumped into a wall of white fur behind a corner.
It was Jack, the farmer's lazy old cat that slept for most of the day, and now it became obvious why; he was on duty at night.
Jack, despite being a common cat, represented a great danger to the miniscule goblin. Although magical, the goblins are very feeble creatures and they do not stand a fighting chance against a cat, especially not one as large and chunky as Jack.

To goblins, cats are like lions to humans.
The frightened creature jumped and screamed:
"Br'lya vor-lyah!" and in that very instant it disappeared without a trace; for those words were the words of the goblin spell of invisibility, a gift that every goblin is born with.
But despite all the magic that the tiny creature had, Jack's eyes could see through the spell.
With nowhere to go, the goblin led by his panic ran into the corner, cornered by the enraged Jack that hissed at him, showing his sharp teeth while his fur bristled on his back and tail.
The goblin already thought  his life had reached a sudden end, and his tiny heart pounded inside his chest, but fortunately for him, the peasant entered the room and picked up the cat.
"Be silent Jack, there's nothing there!"
The man spoke while he held the cat, but Jack fiercely struggled to jump out of his arms and the peasant, having no patience to deal with an angry cat in the late night hours, carried him outside.

0