Chapter 8 : Tier 1 Authority
80 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[ 3 types of achievements accumulated. You have unlocked Tier-1 membership of the Interdimensional Trading System. {ITS}.]

[You are eligible to enter the true dimensional trading system where you can chat with sellers, enter group chat to find like minded companions, and enter the quest board corresponding to your world.]

[Trading sessions were increased and Marketplace level was increased to level 1.  3 hours for every session, Once a week. Important: Your trading time is at 9.00 pm on a Thursday. Make sure to get more benefit from ITS- management]

"Thank god that wasn't the full version. The previous interface sucks."

He gotten a sneak peak of the new benefit of higher authority just before the marketplace shut down. The new marketplace was listed using categories, and he could search for specific items using a search bar. Just like online shopping in his previous life.

Before, there was only item names without any descriptions. He could only made some educated guesses with the price of the item. If an item had the same name but one of them was priced higher, it was the better or higher in technology or quality item. Now, there was a description on the item. He's going to learn more about the new updates on Thursday.

"Maybe what I used was the trial version? Now, I have more time and more sessions to trade. It's a major improvement compared to only one hour a month!"

He was grateful to the management for this. A month was really too long for him to continue his plan. Today was Tuesday so he only needed to wait 2 more days for his first session as a Tier 1 Authority Trader and enter the Level 1 Marketplace. 

There was a downside to this. "My fund is now running out. I should get out of the house to buy more gold. The only problem is whether Hiddle will let me. Otherwise I need to use jewellery as a fund." Before, he has a month to prepare, now it's shorter.

He felt extremely lucky he transmigrated into a rich dude body. Or he need to prostitute himself to get fund for the trade. After checking the harvest, Ryan popped out a liquor bottle that he bought from the system and poured a glass of drink for himself.

"A liquor bottle that cost 40 tc. I wonder what was so special about it."

Looking at the appearance, it seems like a liquor bottle from the middle ages as the glass bottle was handmade.

He tried to read the label, but he only understood its name. The name was..

"Iron blood lover? I've never heard of this brand before." When he poured it into a glass, a dreamlike- sweet smell permeated the room. It smelled of watermelon. He took a sip slowly and his eyes widened when the drink entered his mouth. "This feels really good."

A beneficial energy entered his body and started to strengthened it. It  filled his cell with healing energy, making his mind felt clear. The clear mind was only for a moment though, then the alcohol kicks in. He enjoyed the feeling that come with the drink. It's been a while since he had any liquor. 

He saved the rest of the bottle on his shelf, not his inventory. He got too much respect for the creator to not treat the bottle carelessly. Only a cup drank, but it had already made him tipsy. His cheeks flushed red and he started to sway. When he fell asleep, he had a dream about a farm life where he met a simple farm girl and had fun with her in a bale of hay out in the field. 

Waking up the next morning, he never felt more refreshed. He did not have a hangover. This comes as a shock to him. It seems like the bottle isn't ordinary. Last night he tucked in early, so he continued checking his harvest.

"The big ones will have to wait," He muttered as he think about where to put the car. "It's a pity there wasn't an auto equip for the suits, otherwise it'll be awesome," He said excitedly as he took out the Kevlar suit. 

After showering and having breakfast., he walked slowly to the gym. " I need to talk to Hiddle. This is becoming a hassle," he thought while practising the skills he got from last night. He practiced until afternoon as his instructor comes in. The energy from the liquor seemed to stayed with him all day as he wasn't tired at all from all of the lessons. 

Wiping his sweat with a towel, he went to look for Hiddle who was having tea time in the garden. He sat across from the old man and asked his question with nervousness. "Hiddle, can I go out today?" He didn't forget to make puppy-dog eyes to the housekeeper, hoping he'll be lenient.

Hiddle replied sternly without even looking at him and sipping his tea. "No" Seeing the kid's stunned expression, he continued. "Young master, your body is still in recovery, I am worried about you."

"I just want to buy some books and some stuff. I'm not going to take long."

"You can tell me what to buy, I will get the helper to buy it for you."

Seeing his strategy was useless, he decided to be honest. "Hiddle, I'm really bored. Please let me go." His honestly made the old man sigh. "Well... you can go, but you need to take the bodyguards with you."

"Deal!" Ryan said loudly and quickly so that the butler couldn't change his mind. The old man flashed a grandfather smile watching his kid's excitement. He watched Ryan ran away to get ready and muttered,  "I guess he's been cooped up for too long."

"With the skill I learn, it's not too hard to get away from the bodyguard.  I only need some time to buy the fund anyway." Ryan made a devious plan during changing his clothes. 'It's better to buy the gold with cash rather than credit card,' he thought while preparing some cash to buy the gold. Of course, his father's safe become his victim for the cash. 

He also prepared a disguise. He excitedly made several plans but he thoroughly underestimated Hiddle's concern for him. Although the incident was settled, many assassination attempt on his life made the old man overprotective.

"Hiddle, can I go now? '' Ryan asked for confirmation. He's waiting for the bodyguard to get ready. Appearance wise, he was wearing a brown jacket and a white shirt inside. he paired it with jeans and sneakers. He tied his long hair 'Eren Jaeger Style' while wearing sunglasses and carrying  a small satchel full of cash.

The old butler smiled genuinely while looking at the kid all dressed up and excited to go like a kid wanted to go to a theme park. He knew Ryan was 20 years old now, but he couldn't help himself in looking at him like a young kid.

" You can, your bodyguard has already arrived"

"Where?"

Ryan didn't see anyone, so he was confused. There's only his father's escorts here, standing nearby his father's armored SUV. Hiddle pointed to the team and said, "There, it's your security detail."

Ryan was stunned speechless. There were 4 black suvs with 15 burly men in bulletproof vests, armed with guns and rifles. They also were equipped with walkie-talkies and surveillance equipment. Hiddle had given him some leniency and reduced the number from Tim's escort.

Ryan cannot close his mouth. He turned to the housekeeper and said. " isn't this a bit…overboard? "

" I thought this was not enough. The helicopter isn't here", Hiddle replied worriedly. The helicopter was used by Master Tim today. Otherwise he would have ordered them to join the convoy.

"Please don't," Ryan said quickly to snub the idea in the crib. Otherwise, all his outings would become a ministry convoy.

He rubbed his forehead when he saw the housekeeper's innocent face. 'Well the plan is ruined. Its either I buy the gold with them, or change it to something else.'

Ryan and his 'entourage' drover over to Queen, New York. He's going to the bookstore that the previous guy liked. On the way, he felt extremely embarrassed. He compared himself to the president's  son. There were many movies keywords  that he heard such as , "Asset is on the move",  "protect the asset" , "Keep an eye for any attack".

"Urgh," his headache intensified.

After buying some books, he surrendered to his fate as he couldn't escape the security. If he did, then he would made trouble for the honest-working people, so he changed his plans. 'It's time for plan B.'

He said to the guard ,"Could you take me to an antique store".  Although confused by the sudden request,  Brian Millis, complied with the request. But only after informing Hiddle who was monitoring the security at home.

At Mr. Chen antique store, he randomly bought a 100,000 dollars worth collection. Brian secretly disdained the life of a rich man, but he still kept quiet and alert, monitoring the surroundings.

Ryan could sell antiques, artwork and the sort in the system, but it'll take longer to find a buyer. However this was his only choice. 

"Today was a disaster."

He bought some pottery, a few antiques and paintings. All his initial plans went to waste. He needed to step up his game, so that he can move alone in the future! In his mind, the figure of Hiddle has some horn growing on his head. He needed to defeat the demon to get freedom!

He stopped by a few stores while he was outside. First the gaming store, then he stops by a mobile network store and sets up an account. He got his phone number now. With some adjustment, he put the sim card into his smartphone. At the burger restaurant, he treated all the security for a meal. His act unknowingly made them a little bit closer.

Ryan tried sightseeing  He was sure he'd never been to New York in his previous life. All he had is Ryan's Knight memory of it.  However, the excitement of looking new things eluded him. After sightseeing for a while, he realised that he's drawing too much attention from the crowd. It couldn't be helped as the security team wasn't low key.

He went home for the day while feeling dejected. It's useless to try to do anything else with his over the top security precaution. Inside the car, Ryan stared outside to see the skyscrapers of New York City. He kept watching the familiar but unfamiliar city from his car until the driver drove outside the city perimeter. 

'New York city will soon become a mess and battle ground for superheroes, supervillains, perverts, aliens, and monsters. ' He shook his head and sighed. In his heart there was longing. 'Why can't I become a slime.'

When Ryan arrived home, he glared at the old man who was stifling his laugh. The butler's expression could be read as , "You are too young to want to trick me!" The security detail reported that the asset tried to get away from them a few times before he stopped, earning Ryan some glare from the housekeeper.

It wasn't until the next day that his mood was lifted. He waited till 9.00 pm to check out the new trading site.

"I'm looking forward to it," he muttered as the clock strike 9.

6