Chapter 15 : Quest
95 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

*Ding*

[Congratulations! You have completed 1000 transactions. You're awarded the achievement "Business Vendor" on the trading site. You will receive 10% cashback for ten transactions after this. ]

Ryan has a total of 5 achievements in the trading site now, rendering the prerequisite for tier 2 opens. He only needed to finish 3 more quests to get to Tier 2 authority and marketplace. 

After consulting with the group chat, he thought maybe he would take a personal quest rather than the system quest.

He hesitated to do the system quest as the quests listed there was like this.

¬Tier 1 quest : kill the Kingpin, become the new king of the underworld

¬Tier 1 quest : Expose the existence of Hydra

¬Tier 1 quest : Join shield and become a 5th level agent

¬Tier 1 quest : Find captain America before shield does.

¬Tier 1 quest : Make the Black Widow part of your harem.

¬Tier 1 quest : Record a commercial with the Hulk. "You're not you when you're hungry, Grab a snickers"

The system quest was actually a public quest given by the traders of the system. Once finished, he would get quest rewards from them, and level authority level will be increased. But many quests were not suitable for him at the moment.

So he turned to the member in the group chat so that he could coax them into releasing a quest for him. Only 3 people give him a quest, but it's filled with ulterior motives.

RetiredMechanic : Makes an Iron Man suit before Tony Stark. Let him know who's the true mechanic!

QueenElf: Plant 10 million trees all over the world.

VampireKid: Ask Gwen out on a date.

"I really hope the system updates to allow people to slap others across the universes." 

Only the queen elf quest is available for him for now. He needed to wait for other members' kindness to make an easy quest for him.

It's not that he couldn't finish the quest or the quest was too difficult, but it will attract unnecessary attention to him. After cursing the VampireKid and Mechanic in the chat, he laid down on his bed thinking what he had done.

In New York, he was monitoring several spots that were based on his memory of the Marvel world.He used the mini drone he bought and spider drone to establish a communication network all over the place.

Some of the places he monitored in New York are Matt Murdock law firm that just been opened, Rand Industries, Kingpin Headquarter (although he only finds the stand-in, not the real kingpin), some Hydra bases, Peter Parker home, et. cetera.

He was surprised when he found out that Peter was only 6 years old at the time."Aunt hottie… no I mean Aunt May just lost uncle Ben to cancer, she took Peter in when Richard and Mary Parker died."

After reading the data he has on the family, he let out a long sigh and fell into a deep thought. He has a soft spot for Aunt May and the spider kid. He knew that life was tough on them, and that was the furnace that created the spiderman. 

"Dad, I have a favor to ask," Ryan walked into his father's office and asked. He personally asked his father to hire May Parker in the company when he noticed that she was applying for a job there. As she had lost her husband, her financial situation was devastated by the tremendous hospital bills.

Tim was surprised at the time as to why his son knew and vouched for the woman.

"Okay, I'll see what I can do," Tim replied. To be honest, May's qualification was only average. But since his son personally asked him, he accepted her into the company. May was surprised at the time, and cried tears of joy. After receiving the call, she pinched her cheecks a few times to make sure it's real.

She rad and hugged the skinny Peter. She announced excitedly, "Guess What! I JUST GOT A NEW JOB!"

These few months have been hard for her. She needed to stay strong in front of Peter, to take care of her only family left in the world. Peter is still a kid and didn't realise that while May was hugging him, tear stains were visible on her cheeks.

Now she got a job with great perks given to her. (Ryan's helping out) An apartment in Queens for accommodation, a company car, company mobile phones and service, health insurance and other benefits.

It greatly alleviated her hardship. When she asked about her hiring process, the HR department just smiled and said "This is the order from the top".

People treated May with great care there as they know that she was hired directly with the word of the CEO. Not many people dared to mess with her, making her work life easier.

Moving back to Ryan, it's been almost a year since he transmigrated. Now he finally started to adapt to the world. He wasn't detached from everything as he used to. This contributed highly to Gwen, but he didn't realise it at the time.

Although he was still relatively low-key, he didn't shut down his social life completely.  Like going to the college party for 10 minutes before he left, travelling with a friend although drove his own car, or wishing people happy birthday through text. Nah, he didn't have any friend other than Gwen.

Ryan still went out with a mask. In addition to his habit, he used it to avoid the public's attention. When word got out that Ryan had been responsible for inventing many Knights industry new technology, some media labelled him the new 'Tony Stark' and even ambushed him for an interview.

Tim demoted the staff member who leaked the information after he saw his son's aversion for the media. He didn't directly fire the staff or made him dead in a ditch somewhere, as it was an honest drunken mistake the staff made when trying to score with a reporter chick.

After the incident, Ryan received many invitations to join a high class party from the top society in New York. He even received the Stark's New Year Party invitation. Stark was interested in him as the media kept comparing them, but not in a friendly way.

Of course, he made excuses for them all. He felt that it was stupid to go.  "I'm not gonna slather myself in bait and swim around with the sharks"

When he thought about all that's happened, he still chuckled when he remembered Gwen's reaction for him getting the perfect GPA. Her jaw just dropped at the time and she made a reaction as if her reality had been destroyed.

"You cheated, didn't you! It's the only explanation." Gwen accused him. He smiled and said, "To be honest the test wasn't that hard" He received a death glare from her afterwards. Also, he received a surprise pop quiz from her. 

While reminiscing, TheDoctor popped into the chat room.

TheDoctor : I have a quest for you kid, but you need to give me money first.

Hydra: What quest?

TheDoctor : Give me 2000 tc and I'll tell you. It's an easy quest for kids. It doesn't take much time.

Ryan was suspicious as he knew the doctor has something wrong in his head.

Hydra : Why do I feel ominous.?

TheDoctor : Just trust me kid, it's for your own good.

VampireKid: Is it a clone again? Just take my quest kid, it's very simple.!

Hydra: ...… 

Hydra : Alright I will accept your quest for the time doc.

TheDoctor : Okay, you won't be disappointed kid! You have learned about parallel thinking, right? And how to split your consciousness and so on?

Vampire kid: I knew it was a clone.

Queenelf: (disdain.gif)

Hydra: Wait, I take it back.!

TheDoctor : Too late, kid.

The system showed that :[Hydra] already accepted [TheDoctor] quest.!

[TheDoctor quest : Run a clinic in the chaotic area in your city. You need to SAVE at least 10 patients before the quest is completed. Spread the legend of [the doctor] in your area.]

Props : intermediate medical knowledge, intermediate medical kit, medical licence.

Rewards : perfect t-virus.

TheDoctor : Good luck kid.!

Hydra: Why is this easy, this is not easy.! Why should I become a doctor in the first place!

TheDoctor : Do some good kid. I know you have been living like a neet. You need to go out more.

Hydra : Many people recognise me, if I suddenly become a doctor, I'll get screwed.

TheDoctor : That's why I'll give you some clones. Tell me, do you want to make a split image of you or customise the appearance?

Hydra: (sigh) This is non-negotiable is it?

TheDoctor: Nope!

Ryan contemplated for a while. 'You can cancel a quest, but you have to pay a penalty'. That's the rule of the system. The penalty is multiplication of quests needed to level up in authority. If he canceled this quest, he would need to complete 6 quests to level up.

After thinking for a while, he gave the doctor his specification. Making the clones in his image was just stupid. He customised his clone's body as in his 30's, 180 cm tall, black hair and black eyes, have a short buzz cut, and a cold looking face.

TheDoctor notified him that it'll take a week to complete. Ryan did ask if the quest will count if it's done by a clone as he was worried it wouldn't be accepted. 

The doctor : It will count if it was allowed by the quest giver .

Before ending the session, Ryan asked QueenElf some questions about her quest.

Hydra: I don't need to personally plant 10 million trees by myself right? (worried)

Queenelf: smirking.gif

Queenelf: No need to, I count as complete if there's 10 million trees planted because of you.

Hydra: Alright, then I accept the quest!

VampireKid: Accept mine too kid!

Hydra : (middle finger)

[Hydra] has accepted [Queenelf] quest!

[Quest : The Queen of elves loves nature. Plant 10 million trees as a tribute to her.]

Rewards : Trees growth serum formula.

"This is manageable", he was satisfied with the quest. There's no trap in it like the one the doctor gave. The trading time is over after he accepted the second quest. Laying down on his bed, he prepared to sleep when a text came in.

Gwen : Come to my birthday party next week.

Ryan :  Will there be many people ?

Gwen: Only close friend and family members are coming

Ryan: So I'm considered a close friend? (smirk)

Gwen : You don't want to come, that's fine. (rolling eyes)

Ryan : I'll come, as someone's close friend, of course I'll come to her birthday party.

Gwen : allright, see you Friday

Ryan : See you then.

Ryan was glad to be invited. Before going to sleep, he didn't forget to curse VampireKid about his quest.

"That bastard sure is a professional in annoying people."

For him, Gwen was his best friend in this world. He wouldn't want to do anything to jeopardise that. He didn't knew that she was too excited to go to sleep that night the moment he said yes, even though he too didn't sleep well because of the anticipation. 

8