Chapter 13: The Fairy and The Lake
674 2 31
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 13: The Fairy and The Lake

 

"No way! How could you get here without the Guardian's agreement?

That person is really scary.  He will not allow anyone to the summit without them passing his Test." mentioned the Fairy, who looked shocked at Vlad from his nose that she fell down, being caught by Vlad.

She panicked in the free fall, but Vlad's sensible ears heard this and scooped her, placing the Fairy in his long black hair, to keep her safe from any sudden movements that would lead to her fall.

Grabbing onto his hair strands, she sees Vlad start walking using his cane toward another part of the lake, where he could have a seat and listen in a relaxed way to the Fairy's story.

"You are so calm. Also, thank you. You aren't like the humans I imagined in my mind."

"Like?"

"Barbarians. You are gentle with me, which I approve of." replied the Fairy nodding her head, pleased by how Vlad had interacted with her thus far.

"I see, don't forget about your story.

Who are you, and what is this place?"

"I don't know who I am since I forgot all my memories about myself, not even my name. However, I know that someone contracted me to watch over this place and protect something that should be rewarded to a champion passing the Guardian's challenge."

"This is why I was shocked to see you at the summit because you said you didn't encounter the Guardian, which makes it even stranger. How did you get here?"

"How? I climbed the mountain?

There's no how. I just did that.

Even though it was dangerous that I almost lost my footing 3 times, nearly falling into the abyss, my perseverance proved its worth."

"You've climbed the mountain peaks?"

"I don't know. There's no way for me to see and understand where I got. Take me as someone who got lost if it is easier for you."

"Unbelievable! Then, what should I do? Only those who pass the Guardian's challenge are deemed rightful to reach the summit, becoming judged as eligible for passing my challenge, and try their luck in finding the treasure hiding in the lake." explained the Fairy, who landed on Vlad's nose, finding it far more comfortable than his head.

Once she ended saying that, Vlad gave her a response that scared her.

"It seems I really have to pass that challenge from the Guardian…

Could you guide me to where this Guardian is so we can get done with this part?"

"Wait, wait, don't rush yourself. You've reached the summit on your own abilities, even though you are probably stranded from the right path, not encountering the Guardian.

I can't ask you now to step down and walk the right path. It wouldn't be fair to you human, especially with your blindness." remarked the Fairy patting Vlad's nose, stopping him from raising up and going about with her directions.

"Well, I am glad you understand me, young lady. I've spent a lot of energy on this journey and even resources. I've been away from home for 8 days if we consider that this day is almost over."

"Indeed, I am not the one who put those rules in place. No rule says otherwise, such in your case. You've got here using your own abilities, giving you the privilege to be eligible for my challenge."

"Much appreciated, young Fairy." replied Vlad, who found this little Fairy interesting and not an annoyance like Mary or other girls in the city.

"You are welcome, champion."

"Vlad. I am not a champion by any means. I've done a lot of bad things in my life. Even God might frown on me once I get to Heaven's Gate."

"Fine, no problem by me. While I like how you talk with me, I don't remember my name."

"You want me to give you a name?"

"Mhm, I have a feeling we'll be together for a long time." said the Fairy with a pure smile on her face that Vlad couldn't see, but while perceiving her voice.

He felt a tender, warm tone from this little Fairy that had the appearance of a beautiful woman, with elf's features that could put to test any man's desires.

However, the Fairy felt security while standing on Vlad's nose and could only giggle when she heard the latter had no response to what she mentioned.

"You feel?"

"Mhm, I do. I believe you'll be able to take the sword from the lake and bring me along with you. You are a good human."

"... Hah, such a silly young lady. You don't even know me and place your trust in me?"

"So silly"

"Is there something wrong with that?"

"There is plenty of wrongs. What if the one who came first instead of me was some evil criminal without morals and consciousness? Would you think the same?"

"Obviously, no. I will instead hide inside the lake. My contract doesn't state that I should welcome anyone I feel undeserving, which would be impossible because the Guardian would defeat any evil person trying to take the sword from the lake.

Also, my name. Give me a name."

"I got none right now." replied Vlad in a concise manner, turning silent while the Fairy was animated, talking with him about various subjects as if she hadn't had a conversation with someone in ages, making him think about how she must have felt being prisoner to this place.

"What should I do with the challenge? Can I take it?"

"Ohh, you finally made up your mind? It is simple, inside the lake, two sigils bind the magical sword to the bottom of the lake.

To pass the challenge and gain the sword, you have to find the seals and activate them."

"That's all? I don't have to fight anyone for the sword?"

"Not that I am aware. You should have fought the Guardian, but what should I do now that you are here?

I can't fight against you. Just look at me, would such a fragile girl like me fight?" mentioned the Fairy, moving her hands on her own bodyline, right before Vlad's eyes, and immediately got embarrassed by her bold move, but remembered that Vlad was blind.

"I bet you are a very beautiful young lady. A fabled Fairy can't be ugly. It would be blasphemy.

I wish I could see you right now, this refreshing lake or Galena Mountain with its whole scenery."

"Don't worry, Vlad, you'll be fine."

"What's more, little Fairy, are you curious to hear why I adventured to this place?"

"…"

Getting the young lady seated on his nose and relaxing her back on his nose bridge, she wondered why, as if he activated her instinctive curiosity.

"There is a legend about this place that would offer something of one's desires once they pass the test. This adventure of mine was searching for my vision, not some sword which I already have."

"I am sorry to hear that."

"Don't be. There are more legends in this world that might bring light into my dead eyes."

Staying like this, he was seated on a leveled rock, while the Fairy on his nose made it look rather harmonious, with both talking with one another, both responding to each curiosity, until Vlad picked the Fairy from his nose and held her in his palm.

"I had enough recovery time. Excuse me, young lady, but now it is time I search for this sword."

She was gently placed on the ground and stared up. She could see Vlad take off his clothes and even his underwear, preparing himself to enter the lake.

In doing this change like this, the Fairy, initially curious to see how Vlad's body looked, turned embarrassed and placed her hands on her eyes.

Nevertheless, she couldn't escape the temptation of looking for more, and going off his private parts, she noticed that Vlad's body was full of scars, all in weird places that didn't make sense.

His lower body and upper body bore the marks of his suffering.

'Don't stare there! I'll not be able to face myself if I look down there.'

'Besides, I wonder what happened to him, to have so many scars…'

"Well, young lady, I will be off. Ahh, the last question. Do I have a time limit?"

"Don't look down there. Ahem, you asked me something?

Ahh, you actually have a time limit, but I can make an exception since you don't have a vision. Unlimited time."

"Ohh, thank you, young lady. I see that you also want to get away from this mountain. Don't worry, I might be blind, but the rest of my senses are better than most humans."

*Splash*

Jumping on the cold lake while he was butt naked, he felt this temperature refreshing, and after taking some minutes to adapt to the temperature.

He smiled in the direction of the Fairy and dived, starting his descent while his world was black, feeling the water touch his eyes and the water entering his ears.

His dive was nimble, but soon he started to feel the lake's deepness, which made his descent challenging. Feeling that the lake's deepness was quite challenging, and with only a single breath after 7 minutes, he touched the ground with his arm and searched for the sword or the sigils.

The first failed attempt had him swim back to the surface, remaining silent at the questions thrown by the Fairy attempting to find how he went.

But it was a failure.

Only after the night dropped, making the water temperature decline, when he prepared to say it quits for today, he touched the handle of a sword.

'Is this the sword the little girl mentioned? Let's see if I can take it out from where it is stuck.'

He tried once, twice, and other endless tries until his breath shortened, forcing him to get to the surface. Yet finding the sword made him try again, ending sourly in the expenditure of his strength and stamina.

'The sigils bound the sword. I need to get to the sigils, but tomorrow. I got to sleep a bit.'

With Vlad reaching the surface, he started swimming toward the shore, getting out, making the Fairy embarrassed again when seeing him in full display.

"You've grew quiet, young lady. Got upset with me for ignoring you when I was at the surface? Ahh, I see. I'll get my clothes immediately." remarked Vlad, who understood what was wrong with the Fairy peeking at his body between her fingers.

Covering his lower body and getting his boots, he turned his head where the Fairy was, asking her.

"Would you be kind enough to help me choose a leveled ground location so I can set my camp?"

"Mhm, no problem, but it has to be within the radius of the lake because I am bound to this place."

"Surely."

The Fairy jumped on Vlad's head and in a comical side that the young man rarely ever showed.

"Good, you've got to my head. It will be easier now to guide me.

Listen. If you want me to go ahead, you'll have to pull the front part of my hair. If you want me to go to the sides, pull my side hair. Backward is the back strands. Easy, right?"

"Wouldn't it hurt you?"

"How cute. Don't worry, young lady, your touch is akin to a fly touching me. In fact, I might have to concentrate on picking it up."

She pouted at this response, but she didn't find a problem.

She guided Vlad, acting like his eyes and settling him down on a greenfield with lush grass. Reaching a safe spot, he took his backpack and started getting from there his sleeping bag, where next he went to gather some wood from the surroundings using the Fairy guidance, starting a fire to warm up.

"How can you do so many things even though you've lost your vision?" asked the Fairy resting in Vlad's palm, at his warm cover.

"I visualize many things in my mind and use my imagination to make out certain things that my hands touch. My only way out from the insanity." responded Vlad in a solemn tone, where his voice's temperature dropped down a bit.

"Does this mean you can imagine how I look?"

"If you can help me with a description of how you look, it would give me a chance to view a fabled fairy."

The Fairy played with her beautiful hair that was shimmered in all the color of autumn leaves, acting like a shy young lady.

Raising her head at Vlad, who had his eyes closed, her golden eyes shining like the sun sparkled a tiny bit, and while she rested her head on Vlad's warm hands, she began telling him.

"From what the lake showed me, I have mixed colored hair like the autumn leaves, my eyes are of golden color like the sun, my skin is milky white just like yours, a lot softer than yours, but nonetheless yours is also pleasant. I have two small translucent, brightly colored wings.

Ahem, I like to wear white silk clothes made from spider silk.

… Do you also want to know about my body?" asked the Fairy quietly.

"If you want to tell me, it will not make a big difference in my mind. I've already painted your figure in my head."

"Noo, it is important. What if, by chance, you are confused that I have a flat chest? Or that I don't have a curved waistline? These are important aspects to a girl."

"Hahaha, such a cute girl. Go on, I am all ears."

"Ahem, I don't have a flat chest. Instead, it is quite big. Here, I'll show you."

Ending that, the Fairy turned her body on Vlad's palm and pressed her bosom on his palm, which made him humm, impressed, and even felt her nipples touch his palm.

"Noted down, this changes things. I have to modify the upper body. By the way, aren't you a little bit of a pervert, young lady? How could you do such a thing to a pure young man like myself?"

"Y-y-y-you made me do this. You are to blame and don't act as if I am the one pervert. You are the one who s-showed me."

"Showed you what?" inquired Vlad, using a playful tone that had the Fairy all red, like a cherry, and she moved around restlessly, trying to mess his palm.

"You baddy, you showed me everything and act as if you are innocent. If you tease me, I might have you do this challenge in one week."

"Yes, young lady. My bad, but who told you to peek at my body."

"Arghh, stop it. It is embarrassing."

"Huhuhu, fine, I will stop."

.

In this moment, where the stars were closer than when he was on the ground, he couldn't admire the mesmerizing night sky, but the Fairy was able, and when turning to look at Vlad, he saw him stare at her with his black eyes.

'Can he see me? Let me wave my hand at him. Maybe I will get a reaction.'

Waving her hand at Vlad, trying to get a reaction, she received Vlad's pinky, who made contact with her tender hands, waving along.

"You can see?"

"I would love to, beautiful fairy. But I am only a blind man.

I just heard the movement of your hand, waving at me. I only replied back."

"Ahh, I am sorry."

"Don't be, as I told you, I used to be a cruel, bad person that looked down at life, with his hands stuck in hell, soiled in the blood of his enemies and innocent. And it's not as if I changed myself, I am still the same cruel person with bloody hands.

Getting blinded is the punishment I am suffering for my past transgressions, and I have to live on, accepting it. Until one point where the madness will catch up to me, and I want to escape this abyss."

"You don't seem like a bad person to me. The way you speak and act is of a serene person. No way, you could be such a person."

"Hah, young lady, the beast hides deep inside of me. Lurking in the shadows of my mind, waiting to devour anyone standing in my way, blocking me from achieving my goals."

"It must be hard for you, struggling with such dangers that might harm you."

"Silly girl, that beast can't harm me. I am that exact monster."

"I will stop it once it gets out."

"Haha, silly girl. Sure, I hope you can stop me if you are so special." remarked Vlad who caressed the Fairy's head with his index finger, preparing himself to sleep in his sleeping bag, made out of thick blankets and thin ones, insulating his body.

Before he even went to sleep, the little Fairy made her way inside the sleeping bag, and, seeing that Vlad was giving the impression he was sleeping, went to his face and kissed his cheek before lowering to his neck and finding a comfortable part that she used as a pillow.

"Good night, my champion."

"Good night to you too, little Titania." mentioned Vlad with a small smile on his face, spooking the little Fairy and at the same time bringing forth a wave of emotions in herself.

"The name you picked for me is Titania?"

"If you like it, otherwise I can think of another one."

"Nooo, I love it. Good night, " replied Titania, who giggled like a happy little girl getting herself some sweets or toys.

Instead of sleeping, she played with Vlad's skin, where the latter didn't disturb her, finding her interesting, and before he even knew it, he was sleeping profoundly while Titania too found refuge in his warm neck, that she began salivating on.

In the morning, Vlad woke himself with his neck wet, but he didn't know that the little Fairy had left him some gifts without her even knowing, giving him small hickeys the size of a mosquito bite. Titania, when waking up, finding herself clinching on Vlad's neck, still drowsy, touched the neck as if it was her pillow, arranging it, finding out that it was wet.

"You like the present you left me, little Titania?"

"It wasn't me." denied the Fairy, who looked at the hickeys she gave him, making her avoid glancing at his handsome face.

"No? Then it must be me sweating. How could the gentle Fairy do something indecent?"

"Hm, exactly."

Vlad smiled, and picking Titania from where he was, he placed her on his disheveled ink-black hair, cleaning out his sleeping bag while Titania remained quiet, braiding some of his strands.

"When will you search again in the lake?"

"After I meditate and eat something, I will resume my search. I thought a bit about where those sigils could be located and got to test the locations."

31