Chapter 26: Towards Sorbet Kingdom
523 1 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 26: Towards Sorbet Kingdom

 

One month passed since Vlad turned 18 years old, while he still continued placing in order the last details to his journey. Yet, what was he doing currently, apart from preparing his journey to nowhere?

He was having a gorgeous woman sitting on his shoulder read out a small notebook that was filled with condensed information that at stable intervals, the Fairy would take breaks rubbing her temples to alleviate a headache.

"I need a break. I am still shocked at the fact you can write so well without seeing. How can you do this?"

"Visualizing the notebook and my hand while keeping everything to my mind, I can rely on that to write. Once I recover my sight, I will be able to read all my notes."

"Ohh, I really don't want to see what is inside your mind. … Well …  Maybe just a tiny bit."

"You'd rather not. I doubt you'll escape sane from a visit to my mind." replied Vlad calmly, while he was relaxing on a comfortable couch inside his private room, remaining quiet for the duration Titania was resting her mind, contemplating what his thoughts in the past months were.

"Ahem, let me resume."

"I am all ears."

"[I think that because of the different puzzle pieces, I should instead try to combine the information that makes less sense and see what I receive. For starters, I have the moment where the Author talks about the 4 keys, and how each key is positioned in a place that marked Atlas in his childhood or later years.]"

"[Based on that thought, if I would bound what scrambled information there is, the first key, at least in my opinion, should be the first place that marked him, that being when he was a child. The author makes great effort in Chapter 120 to emphasize this part, where the young Atlas, is challenged by one of his friends the Smiling Boy if he was capable of climbing one of the Kingdoms biggest mountains.]"

"[A Majestic frosty mountain, where a person couldn't even breath because of how tall the mountain is. However, what marked Atlas was the fact that the sight he gained from staring at the world from the pinnacle of the world was breathtaking, as if he connected closer to the God.]"

Titania, looked at Vlad who was nodding constantly at what she was reading from his notebook, and in a curious mind, asked.

"Vlad, what you are saying here, is that the first key to King Atlas Tomb is right in this mountain? But where could such a mountain exist in the South Blue? I mean, didn't you teach me about how the world is covered by the sea, and how each location is split up by this boundary?"

Hearing that question, Vlad's face turned into a small smile, which was colder than usual, and the answer he gave Titania made her skin crawl in chills.

"That is because from what the book implies, the Great Kingdom was a unified location, a whole mass of earth. A continent of sorts where various people of the kingdom lived in harmony, under this "Great King" Atlas.

A person that the common people of that era looked up to as if he was the God in the Heavens. Some believing he was the God descended on the Earth to guide them, the lost sheeps to a prosperous future."

"Really?? Does this mean? The whole South Blue used to be connected?"

Vlad replied in cold indifference without feeling that much of a shock at this information, since he was skeptical about the whole continent notion.

"It could be, or maybe not. It is up to each individual to believe whatever they wish. This is what I received from placing together some of the information from different chapters.

This book can be a message or the best sham to ever exist in the world. Fooling generations and generations of people, into admiring this King Atlas, as if he was a hero. But, I can see a lot of Propaganda that makes this man into some untouchable, incorruptible person. But is he?"

"Is he?" inquired Titania, almost bringing her little face to Vlad's face from how curious she was.

"That remains to be discovered, if everything is true. Still, I can say this with certainty. This book's author is a masterful artist, who created a maze of information that only those who know where to look can find their answers."

"Make sense, I wouldn't want my enemy to know where I've left my resting place, so they would disturb me." replied Titania, making Vlad chuckle.

"No, in fact this is what this Great King wants specifically, to be found. He wants a worthy person to find his treasure."

"I see. Is it really true that the tomb has anything one desires? Can I really get what I want if I find the keys?"

"And what would you wish to gain?" inquired Vlad in a casual manner, finding himself thinking about what Titania might want to gain from the tomb.

"Ehhhh, that's something only for myself. It is a secret."

"Really?"

"Really, really."

"So be it. Can you continue reading the notebook?"

"Ahhh, yes, I forgot."

*Cough* *La, Laa, Laaa* Shorting out her voice into becoming more manly, trying to mimik Vlad's manner of speech, she continued.

[After my inquiries around the city, and also using the assistance of various people to read me the books noteworthy discussing the landscapes of the South Blue. I couldn't gather enough information to pinpoint a concrete location for this Mountain.]

[Galena doesn't match with the author's description of the landscape, since it is surrounded by a veil of snow and also a deprived oxygen zone. This is why I've begun looking for the different locations where the keys might be placed.]

[The second location talks about Atlas visiting a cave. A cave in the shape of a Cathedral which inspired him to build his own church in his homeland.]

[It's huge size made him feel as if he was in a royal palace. Another point from the story is the shape of the cave, having spiral walls which rise up to the algar.]

"I highly doubt we will find any luck with the second one since it isn't rather ambiguous. A cave with a unique shape, nothing more."

"This cave sounds interesting, I really want to see it with my eyes." mentioned Titania taking a break from reading, before she resumed again, going with the information about the 3rd key and the 4th one.

"[For the third and last key, the amount of confusion I get is hard to navigate. At different stages, the Author mentions about a vast forest where the eye couldn't escape the vastness of the Forest. A place where his valiant subjects, the Elves, would watch over the Sacred Tree.]"

[Confusing as it was for me to bound together this information, it seems genuine, the fact that Elves could exist. An element to my conclusion being Titania, who, herself is a Fairy.]

"[As for the 4th key it says to be at the sight of a great battle where Atlas almost lost his life. Where could that place be? I don't know, which is why I deem this key to be the hardest one to find.]"

.

.

Titania continued reading Vlad's notebook until she found that the content finished, to her relief and also confusion, about how they had no idea where those specific keys could be hidden by this extravagant king.

On the other hand Vlad was contemplating about the information he noted down which reminded him of certain things he wanted to do while writing the notebook, but he postponed going for the following steps, wanting to spend time with Titania and giving her small tests about navigation.

"Not again! That's the 3rd test of this week."

"Don't complain, this is how we will be safe on the sea. You have to learn to read the compass and give me the coordinates it tells you, so I can guide you to the next steps. If we can't even do that, why even bother sailing?"

"Fine, but don't make it so hard."

Chuckling at the satisfaction Titania was showing, he then rips a page from his notebook while picking up a pen not far from his hands, where he starts inscribing the questions for Titania's test, handing her and leaving her to the test.

"Have fun."

"How much time do I have?"

"Enough to respond to my questions." replied Vlad calmly, raising and moving away from his private room.

Next he walked inside the living room where some discussion was having place between three girls, Mary and other two who became her workers and assistance in this project of hers.

"Mary, we need to part with the materials we managed to buy to have an easier job after. I know you wish to have the quality materials, but we just started this adventure, we need to be sparing with our precious funds."

"Hah, I guess you are right. Still, we'll use some of the good quality linen on the important parts that will capture the imagination of the child."

"A compromise can be achieved on that part."

"Great. We got Vlad's permission to use the living room as the production room."

Hearing the girls also finish their final details with regard to the Toy Workshop.

It made him feel a bit proud seeing the girl he eyed have such a character, it reminded him how even in the past he had an eye for quality people that he desired so much in the past.

"Ahhh, mister Vlad! Are we disturbing you with our talk?" asked the woman who was in her late twenties, with long black hair, and average appearance, wearing simple clothes spotlighting some of her features such as her large breasts.

"Mhm? Not at all Evani, don't mind me. I'll go to take some fresh air until Titania is finished with her test."

"Understood, once again thank you for allowing us such an opportunity."

"Work hard girls, Madame Lavna and even myself, placed our money on your endeavors. You should always discuss important steps on your future as a group. Am I right, Mary?"

"Fully."

Waving his hands in a nonchalant manner, he departed from the house, leaving the girls to return to their conversation, not before gossiping, asking about Vlad.

"Mary, how is it? Have you managed to make any progress since that incident?"

"... He placed a boundary which is hard for me to pass. I can only do my best and show him my best qualities. Working hard for the toys.

Also, I can't live with the impression he will really fall for me, and abandon his desire of moving out from Picodras. He specifically told me last month when I asked him if he would reconsider remaining on the island."

"The answer?"

"A cold, no. I can also see that his preparations are slowly reaching the final stage for him too. Going outside the house far more often than usual."

"A pity, I would love to have him around." mentioned the black haired woman, Evani, with a disappointed expression to which Mary could only sigh.

.

.

Vlad was aware of Mary's feelings, but he simply didn't want to get entangled and be constrained to a single place. He acted with her as if he would do with a trustful maid serving his Castle, by placing a clear boundary to what state their relation was.

Moving out of the city, the bustling city gave him the hope that things will look decent for the Island's future, as he could see the progress made in those 8 years he called this place home.

The picture of Picodras he made in his mind was similar to Ragusa, when he visited the Dalmatian Republic at the shores of the Adriatic Sea, the views and buildings, the atmosphere, was enough to make him understand by comparing the two pieces of information.

Walking in a stroll, taking his time, he made his way toward Patrick's house, where he heard him curse around for disturbing his peace time.

"Who is it now? Can't this old man even enjoy his new products?"

"Calm down, old man, it is not like your new cigarettes will fly off. I came to talk with you about something that has been bothering me."

"About those 4 keys from that book you've been trying to devour?"

"Exactly."

Getting himself comfortable on the living room couch, he noticed the pleasant fragrance of the cigar the old man was smoking, which made him curious.

"Here take this, and don't give me that look. Just say it if you want to try it. These are new products from Valent city."

Receiving his cigar that he touched and smelled initially, he also got a match that he started using to light the cigar taking the first puffs which he blew right in the old man's face.

"Not bad. Is like the Shisha I told you about, old Patrick."

"That device for smoking?"

"Indeed."

Both started conversing with one another, filling the living room in the tobacco smoke, and while they were at discussing casual stuff, Vlad asks a big question to Patrick.

"Old man, do you by chance have any idea where one of the biggest mountains in this region could be located?"

"Biggest mountain?"

"Yea, it is related to the keys."

"I never thought about it actually. Let me see. What about Galena, that mountain should be the tallest around here, right?"

"From what the book tells, not actually. This location I am looking for is surrounded by snow, where you can't even breathe properly."

*Whistle* "Sounds scary. Let me think."

Patrick's face turned serious, beginning contemplating on the question and details given by Vlad, who waited patiently while smoking the cigar in his hand, casually.

Minutes ticked, and from nowhere Patrick began laughing, finding amusing what he thought about.

"Right, right, I remember. How could I possibly forget about that cheap guy inside Valent."

"Ohh, you've got something for me?"

"You bet I have. I now remembered about an interesting individual that I stumbled upon one of my visits inside Valent. There I met a peculiar guy, a merchant coming from the Sorbet Kingdom, who arrived on a rundown boat."

"Initially I didn't know much about Sorbet Kingdom, since it is far in the frosty region of South Blue, something I learned from that merchant who arrived and made a fool of himself, or so we thought. "

"However, this guy brought with him the goods of his kingdom, directly acting upon the orders of the Royal Family of Sorbet, The Cormacs, which weren't much compared to other merchants from the various islands and kingdoms near Kaysang Kingdom. Still, the guy had a lot of furs and rare ore metals, which had a high value on Valent's Free Market."

"The scene that guy makes was about the fact that the amount of food Valent had was unimaginable for him. Such that he started buying all the food in the Market with the money he gained from selling the pelts, furs and ores."

Vlad, who listened to Patrick's story about this Sorbet Merchant, started stroking his chin, also thinking about the information he received, before asking Patrick.

"This Sorbet Kingdom most likely struggles feeding its people for such an overreaction."

"Mhm, that's right. A sad reality for some parts of the South Blue and in the World, where kingdoms and cities struggle to get enough food to feed their population. Anyway, let me finish the story because the more I think about it, the more it makes me believe this is the place you are looking for."

(KYLIAN)"So while that guy's servants were filling his boat with all the food products he bought from the market, some of the merchants began asking the Sorbet guy, Kylian, about the situation inside Sorbet. They barely got any information about the real situation, but the guy confirmed about the food shortages his Kingdom suffered."

"Nevertheless, the discussion didn't linger too much on this aspect, as those merchants began asking him about his kingdom in general. Things that might be noteworthy, to the point the guy begins with excitement to talk."

"He talked about some of the landscapes of his kingdom, the Royal Palace, and the capital city which had a magnificent image in his mind, a frosty world.

(YEHIMAL MOUNTAINS)Yet, the guy returned back to stress about the landscapes of the Kingdom, and talk about the grandness of the Yehimal Mountains, and how the legend goes that whoever climbs the mountain summit would reach Heaven's Gate."

"Reaching Heaven's Gate?" murmured Vlad to himself, as he remembered the information from the book, about how it described what Atlas felt in those moments.

"Yeah, at least that's what that guy told us back then."

"Could it be? This is the location of the first key? Inside this mountain from Sorbet Kingdom?"

"Boy, I can't tell you, yes or no, just mention this story. It is your choice if you want to adventure toward Sorbet Kingdom."

"The location of this place?"

"Hmm, it should be in the map I gave you."

"Perfect. I will begin finishing all the preparations." remarked Vlad taking a deep breath from the cigar, while blowing it out, making Patrick smile at him, since he would rarely see him excited about something.

"Child, I can only wish you good luck, and to have clarity in your decisions."

"Once I get my key, I will return back to tell you about this exploration, so, in the meantime you better take care of yourself."

"I am still as healthy as when I was a youngster. No need to worry about me."

"Old man, I only have a handful of people I care about in this world. My heart would sting hearing that you've gone down the drain before I could even tell you about my explorations in the world."

"Boy, I know you, enough to tell me some words. Compared to those rascals who might even want you to kiss them, a handshake and a hug will suffice."

"Heh, that's also what I like." mentioned Vlad, staying with Patrick until he finished the cigar, point where he departed back to check on Titania's test.

Entering back inside his private room, he heard the beautiful Fairy murmur something as if she was trying to remember something, and from what she was talking it was about the last question on her test.

"The way I can find Polaris in the sky if clouds are blocking my sight, is by searching for the Plough, the Big Dipper, who will point me toward the star. This is only in the case I don't have the compass."

"Yea, this should be the answer to Vlad's question."

"What about the South?" asked Vlad, who walked toward the table where Titania was using a small pencil to write on the sheet of paper bigger than herself.

"If we would move in the South and once again don't have the compass I will look for Orion."

"I see, good. You've finished the test?" inquired Vlad with a small smile, getting to his seat, tapping calmly on the wood with his index finger.

"Right away, I'll have to write the answer for the last question."

"Forget it. You've already told me your answer. Just read your responses to the rest of the questions."

Titania turned her head at Vlad and saw his expression, which looked rather pleased, as if something good happened to him in the couple of minutes he was away, and knowing he would tell her regardless, she began reading her answers to Vlad.

There were some small errors in what answers Titania gave, but he wasn't nitpicking on her, feeling rather good that he found the location to the first key.

"You've passed the test. You've got a 10, however, this is not a point to boast about it. We still have to work on chart navigation, but it will be fine for the bigger part of the journey. You should also start preparing yourself, we'll depart in a couple of weeks from today."

"Ahhh, already? Where to?"

"Sorbet Kingdom."

 

A/N: (Credits to Helios for proofreading and editing, also the person to point all fingers at if the story goes astray)

.

Q: I wonder, will it be a spring season or a winter season when they arrive in the Sorbet Kingdom?

.

If you want to read 20+ chapters ahead or support me, visit here:
patre0n.com/Morpheus146
______________________
If you want to join my Discord server to ask or to see character pics. Here is the link: >
https://discord.gg/CMsHqJVDVD

20